B Plow Jones Parks
HB Saad Weiters Doc
C Newnes Cripps Willo
HF Fog Silvagni Martin
F Gibbo Harry Fisher

Foll Pitt Walsh Williams

Bench SPS Oscar Dow Setters
Emerg Kennedy Ed Cottrell Eddie

I would stick with Dow. He will either hang himself or get the hang of it with confidence shown.
Happy for Cottrell on wing for Willo.
Parks a stop gap for Marchbank/Newman or he will be a hidden gem.

Key ins:
Cleanliness and patience with the ball supported by gut running both ways, looking at you mids
Physicality, see Geelong v Brisbane first half.
Speed on the ball
Cripps as the extractor beast, he will be stung by our start.
Proactive coaching measures, including attacking a short backline with speedy, clean entries to hit up forwards.
Key outs:
Anyone who isn't prepared to be part of the above
Dump kicks on the head of a pack, contest. Lower your eyes.

any risk Aphrodite can change the game day to sunday?

I'd rather Aph gets the game changed to Saturday so that I could see it live. I'm sure she must have a hotline to the AFL, she has most everything else.

Now the dust has settled.
I’d just go with McDonald for Cas. Cas just doesn’t look right, stay in Melbourne and have a rest.

Lose this game and then we make the big calls. If we see more of the same then possibly.
Murphy out and SPS take his spot in the forward line.
Martin to the wing, Setterfield into Curnow’s starting mid role.
Williamson and Dow to the two’s and Betts, Cottrell, possibly Cuningham in. LOB given more games.

I wouldn’t be making those big calls just yet though.

OUT...
Casboult- very poor both games & obviously injured can’t run mark or apply contested efforts...
Murphy- past it as a midfielder & offers very little as a forward and zero defensively...
Williamson- poor both games looks a little hesitant & prefer he had more time as a winger...
Curnow- rest this week/ been solid more a decision for more speed and run and skill on a quick Marvel deck...

FIX IT...
Setterfield- his strength is his inside and contested work in the midfield, should be part of the centre bounce rotations..,
SPS- wasted natural instinctive midfield/forward talent, his game is not suited to playing as a defender, lacks the one on one ability, offers little as a rebounder with disposal or metres gained...

INS...
McDonald- liked what he offers as a forward and can chop out as the relief ruck, gives us more speed and agility in both area’s...
Silvagni- if fit a no brainer looked and played a sensational first half last week, looked in wonderful touch possibly taking his game up another level...
Cuningham- dangerous speed machine on the fast deck one who has been ridiculously denied midfield time, can play forward or on a wing...
Stocker- perfect game to get him in and play him midfield and halfback adds a hard edge and his superb kicking skills can offer us something we are desperately in need of...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of personnel changes and an attitude change to be a bit more defensively minded will see a much improved performance this week unless the dreaded injury curse continues .
Emphasis on more pressure being applied to the oppo ball carrier forcing errors/turnovers must be the emphasis here for this game as it should be for all games .
Was pretty much sickened to see Pendlebury walz around all night with what seemed like an eternity to sum up his options .
He makes time stand still it shouldnt go backwards when he has the ball .

Our tackle numbers have generally been pretty good under Teague although we still havent found the right balance of attack v defence in Teagues tenure imo .
To emhasise tackling we have laid an average of 35 tackles total which is appalingly low .
And 5 inside 50 tackles in the first 2 games of the last 2 seasons .
Bruise free footy is not going to get it done for us we arent that good yet .
Expecting a much more physical effort v Freo .
Pies did the basics really well and totally agree with this post.

Cotrell in for Dow, move setterfiled on ball.

INs: Betts, JSOS (if fit), McGovern (if fit), Marchbank (if fit), McDonald
OUTs: Murphy, Casboult, Plowman, Dow, SPS

Just what I would do... Don't have the slightest bit of confidence that Murph, Plow or SPS would get dropped, however.
Marchy has played bugger all in the past 2 years and pretty sure NIL preseason or VFL praccys, will be amazed if he is rushed straight back even if fit

I can go but don’t think I want to. If I was to be in that stadium and we lost I fear I would resemble Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Not good for anyone. Will watch from a distance to preserve my mental health and avoid a stadium ban.
recall being 40+ points down at halftime against freo not so long ago at colonial....

So he doesn't get his preferred position and goes to water? Spell gimme please. The guy needs to do the team thing.
When SPS is played across half back, there are calls from everyone to get him back into the midfield. But when Setters is wrongly played on a wing instead of in the guts, he's got to do 'the team thing'?

Like I said, it's not like we're the Dogs and have 8 a-grade mids. We can easily fit both Ed and Setters on-ball along with Cripps, Williams and Walsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back