Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a double whammy tonight

Got matched up with a player, we lost in the first round. Do the second chance tournament..... and got teamed up with the same player as the previous tournament :p. We did better (still bombed out in round 1) than the previous tourny, lost 3 - 2!

FRIDAY NIGHT HIJINX

I've got a few cool shots at goal as well as bloopers to upload soon.

Last edited:
Haha gave tourney a go tonight- teamed up with the most clueless teammates in both 1st tourney and 2nd chance- and people wonder why players wanna forefeit early

This week has seen a record number of goal deflections, not only goals for the team I'm on.... but also myself or another teammate deflecting a shot that ends up going in the back of the net. I didn't capture all of them in replays (at the time they looked comical, upon replay it looked boring :p).

Tonights 3 v 3 and 2 v 2 tournaments were non events, the 2 v 2 was the more interesting one as we waltzed the first two rounds pretty easily. The quarter final was a bit of a wake up call. The semi final (which we just got dumped from) was upsetting, my teammate was away for a fair chunk of the first leg. We regrouped and fought back but lost. The second leg was a reversal of the first, we competed well... had a few goals scored against us, pegged one back. Then he decides to stop for a while before trying again in the final minute :-/.

A goal that was scored via a deflection

Two quick basic saves (not worth watching but oh well I've uploaded it just because)

The final clip (and the reason why I decided to upload some clips tonight) - one of my rare Travis Cloke style moments in Rocket League :p :D

2 v 2 tournament

Played against 2 people, 1 of which was idle.... should have been a regulation win.... my partner decides he wants to forfeit 30 seconds into the game. I would have been ok with the player leaving (as it would have essentially turned into a 1 v 1 match). But he starts turning against me and helping the other team score. I pegged back 3 goals before I got fed up and hit forfeit which he did straight away.

Since Sunday I've had 3 nights where I'm re-matched with the same partner in 2 v 2 from the first match of the night and the second chance elimination tournament 15 minutes later!! Becoming a nuisance :p

A mini backflip goal

This next goal was a little more trickier than it looks on this angle, I got lucky that we both collided for the ball at the same time, even though it was a split second reaction it could have just as easily been defended away.

This is one of my trade mark moves, albeit this time done as the game was about to conclude (or go to overtime :p). Got lucky as the opposition were overpowering us the entire match.

Have had a few good games the past few nights both 3 v 3 and 2 v 2, one awesome one was where we were ahead 5 - 0, started getting cocky and it went 5 - 2, then 7 - 4.... ended up winning 9 - 5.

vsbVfKu.png

I do have a few weeks worth of goals and saves to post one day :p for now enjoy this rant. I really hate when teammates get in the way and it ends up being a dodge-em-car style bumpathon (it's fine when it's the opposition but when its your own teammate WTF lol). I was doing well as the goalie, we lost 4 - 6 in the final semi final leg in the 3 v 3 tournament just before. Three of their goals came from a teammate bumping me out of the way of defending their shot at goal.

I think 4 saves proves I was in reasonably good touch with defending (as I had been throughout the tournament) but nopeeee they had to try and help defend, more often than not instead of blocking the ball the pushed me out of the way and completely missed the ball themselves!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don't know what it is (if different Oceania servers have better latency ?) but some weeks I swear my touch is non existant, anything I try to do from simple to impossible shots I fluff it up and miss the timing (to the point where the ball doesn't go where intended, or I completely miss it). Or I have what I'm having right now (and since Friday night) every single shot turns to gold, even my fluky zip ahead of the ball and do a backflip to connect and either pass to another player OR score the goal myself comes off remarkably well.

I don't know what it is, but I wish I played like I am playing right now EVERY single day of the year :p

Even the person I just teamed with in the 2 v 2 tournament couldn't believe the shots I was nailing, especially since we weren't in sync and kept on getting out of position a lot lol.

Played a tournament with a friend who is much newer to the game and they put us in diamond. Managed to carry to the quarters but couldnt get any further. I was +8 goals and +14 saves ahead of 2nd place on the leaderboards, might have gone close to holding despite the early exit 😅

Had a 2 v 2 tournament last night, we made it to (but lost) the final. Along the way we dominated the first two rounds, aside from the final (where we were blitzed, despite being the number 1 ranked team with most goals/assists/saves... hate that much prefer being the underdog 3rd/4th ranked side lol) the QF was a realllllllllllly tough match. We scored the first goal, the opposition scores the next 4 and along the way were defending everything we threw at them. We fluke goal the next 2 goals, they get a reply goal and it looked like we were going to lose with less than 1 minute to play.

We score with 12 seconds to go, still needing 1 more goal to force overtime. I force the ball to our forward half, it bounces like a pinball between the wall and an opponent car, triggering a save, my teammate rebounds the ball back to our goal, the opponent hits the ball forward attempting to clear it, my teammate rebounds the rebounded shot, which deflects off the opponent into the goal at 0.00 sending the match into OVERTIME.

I love the exciting finishes :p
Overtime lasts merely 20 seconds, we force it forward after the kick off, they rebound and quickly send it down to our end. They muck up their forward press, sending it into their corner (but the ball goes backwards giving us a slight advantage). I take the ball from our defending corner, let it bounce and bounce-dribble it through the center, after one bounce I jump up and tap the ball into the goal for the win.

** I was going to be a smart arse and upload the entire video, but that was a quick-ish text description.

This was one goal from that match, and probably my favourite goal I've scored for quite a while, different from doing a long bomb via launching off the side of the wall from the defensive end. I don't even know how I was able to coordinate this properly (when actually executing the move, it felt super sloppy).

I've mentioned previously, how I wonder how the game would go from more of a 1st person perspective.... it'd probably be harder to maintain control. Sometimes I feel like I want to be more forward of the action rather than seeing behind the car. But then the game wouldn't work properly.

ezgif-1-6165fda18d.gif

The other replay angles make it look a lot cooler than the default game play view.

ezgif-1-3ca71561ce.gif

ezgif-1-466eb98b6a.gif

Oh and I was right, my timing has vanished... from last Friday when I was nailing everything. I've been mistiming a lot of my jumps since Tuesday (combination of game lag + itchy finger getting anxious haha).

You would not believe some of the goals I've scored over the last few weeks due to their poor defence setups.

I like doing mini lobs Fifa style that they can't jump up and nudge away.

He was perfectly set up though, just completely whiffed on an easy save! Like he had to make an effort to miss that haha

He was perfectly set up though, just completely whiffed on an easy save! Like he had to make an effort to miss that haha

Average night in platinum.

You'd be shocked at the amount of Plati um games I've had where the opponents mistimed their jumps and missed the ball, or nudged it in themselves!!

Then there were wide open goals usually because they left their goal open due to charging into our goal, only for us to block, capture the rebound and waltz it into the goal ourselves... or just do a deflection from the defensive end, that gets airtime and sails through to score.

Played my first 2 v 2 tournament since Thursday night

We had a bye for round 1..........
Dominated 9 - 0 in round 2
6 - 1 in the QF

My teammate quits within 60 seconds of the semi final when down 2 - 0. Fully quits the game and doesn't return!!!
Funny thing is I won the first round 5 - 3. Lost the second and then the deciding round.

I can't believe either of you stuck around for a bye! Stuff that.

I was surprised that I wasn't abandones. I haven't ditched a tournament because of it. I have lost in the second round after being the only one who waited. It's painful waiting for round 2, losing and then not being able to enter the decond chance tournament due to the time lapse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back