Roddy Vargas

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory, Leeds United
Youve been a great servant of MVFC..but this season you've lost all ability you once had...time to go im afraid...no doubt il cop abuse for this thread..but look at every match this season..every time we've struggled he has been at fault

Youve been a great servant of MVFC..but this season you've lost all ability you once had...time to go im afraid...no doubt il cop abuse for this thread..but look at every match this season..every time we've struggled he has been at fault

No doubt he has had a poor year but I don't think he is always at fault. Moss is useless, I really don't understand why they signed him when they had a capable youngster that played A-league already. Broxham must have a picture of Merrick because he shouldn't in the starting line. Muscat great captain but Vargas has covered for him for 3 years now.

He has been poor but **** me when defenders have absolutely no confidence in their keeper they all tend to drop a bit. Moss was directly at fault for 3 of the goals last night.

Thank god. He's proven me 100% correct to the world this season in what i said, he is nothing more than your average A-League standard defender. Certainly not top 5. He can't match it physically with strikers, this league has improved and you've lost Theo, one of the top A-League keepers and brought in a spud like Moss. Finally the Victory defence is getting exploited and it is shown to be not much chop.

He can't lead the defence, he lacks the physical presence and aggression to lead a defence evidenced from Muscat' absence after round 1. I thought Leijer may be the saviour to your defence, but it appears unlikely, you desperately need to sign another defender.

Thank god. He's proven me 100% correct to the world this season in what i said, he is nothing more than your average A-League standard defender. Certainly not top 5. He can't match it physically with strikers, this league has improved and you've lost Theo, one of the top A-League keepers and brought in a spud like Moss. Finally the Victory defence is getting exploited and it is shown to be not much chop.\
BS. Proves nothing.
He was in the top 5 defenders easily in the last 3 season. 2 championship prove that.
Just like saying Pele or Maradona were no good cos they are crap now.

He can't lead the defence, he lacks the physical presence and aggression to lead a defence evidenced from Muscat' absence after round 1. I thought Leijer may be the saviour to your defence, but it appears unlikely, you desperately need to sign another defender.
You don't know what you are talking about. The biggest problem with the MV defence is the keeper and the fact that Muscat is getting on.

BS. Proves nothing.
He was in the top 5 defenders easily in the last 3 season. 2 championship prove that.
Just like saying Pele or Maradona were no good cos they are crap now.

Geez, well his decline must be one of the quickest in footballing history then. Its very easy to look good with someone else doing all the hard work. Considering he should be in the prime of his career now and he's playing like garbage you'd have to wonder if thats completely true.

You don't know what you are talking about. The biggest problem with the MV defence is the keeper and the fact that Muscat is getting on.

Right, you sure its not that Theoklitos masked how bad your defence really is? Your heavy reliance on Muscat still at his age is further proof that your defence is in dire need of a rebuild. Leijer was good to get back, but you still need another good CB.

Go ask Adelaide for Eugene back and then maybe you can continue to have ill conceived perceptions that your backline is good again. Moss is still better than Kennedy, Paston, McMaster (Brisbane aren't doing too badly in Reddy's current absence) and probably Henderson so as far as the general A-League standard keepers go he isn't as bad as you make him out to be. However he is still crap so at least we can agree on something. Your side were just spoilt in the past.

Geez, well his decline must be one of the quickest in footballing history then. Its very easy to look good with someone else doing all the hard work. Considering he should be in the prime of his career now and he's playing like garbage you'd have to wonder if thats completely true.

Decline? He is in poor form atm, just like a lot of players have at stages of their careers. You really know f all about him and MV. Why don't you revisit your thread again , the one that made you look silly cos its looking that way again.
His 'garbage' is still good enough to beat your mob away and be second on the ladder.

Right, you sure its not that Theoklitos masked how bad your defence really is?
Yes he was the best keeper ever. :rolleyes: Moss is bad and Theo was better but he was no brick wall.

Your heavy reliance on Muscat still at his age is further proof that your defence is in dire need of a rebuild. Leijer was good to get back, but you still need another good CB.

So one player is a rebuild?
Go ask Adelaide for Eugene back and then maybe you can continue to have ill conceived perceptions that your backline is good again.

AU can keep Eugene, Mitch Langereck has already proven he was good enough. You don't even what you are arguing about most MV fans including me know the defence is poor.

Moss is still better than Kennedy, Paston, McMaster (Brisbane aren't doing too badly in Reddy's current absence) and probably Henderson so as far as the general A-League standard keepers go he isn't as bad as you make him out to be. However he is still crap so at least we can agree on something. Your side were just spoilt in the past.
Moss is as bad from performances this season. MV was spoilt cos they had a good keeper?

Decline? He is in poor form atm, just like a lot of players have at stages of their careers. You really know f all about him and MV. Why don't you revisit your thread again , the one that made you look silly cos its looking that way again.
His 'garbage' is still good enough to beat your mob away and be second on the ladder.

What part of what i said is false about his attributes. He cannot physically match it with the pacy or strong strikers of the league. He plays like an older defender without as much of the tactical nous. He also lacks the ability to lead a defence. As long as you have a good commanding centreback doing the dirty work he'll look the goods. Now that Muscat's getting on he has to do it for himself, and lets face it he cant.

Why on Earth would i care about 1 result. Well done you finally beat us in Perth, one result is really no big deal to me. Im more concerned with our season in general.

Yes he was the best keeper ever. :rolleyes: Moss is bad and Theo was better but he was no brick wall.

No keeper is a brick wall, but it certainly makes a difference. The 4 or 5 goal difference the Theo would've made and would've caused a couple of results to go your way and this discussion over the form of your defenders would never be brought up as you'd be content with the teams performance.

So one player is a rebuild?

When you need to replace the cornerstone of your defence since the A-League's inception i'd say thats a fairly big acquisition you need to make. Not to mention you need other options on the side as it seems the Thai player isn't up to the standard. Needing to change over half the defence would be a fairly large rebuild in my opinion, not to mention you have no depth in defence so you'll need a minimum 2, probably 3 defensive signings for next season that need time to gel and form a strong understanding together.

Glory have brought in Todd and C.Coyne and its taken a while to get the rest completely organised, its starting to take shape and i feel as the season wears on we'll keep improving.

AU can keep Eugene, Mitch Langereck has already proven he was good enough. You don't even what you are arguing about most MV fans including me know the defence is poor.

If he's as good as you're saying he is Victory wouldn't be starting Moss all season, especially given his current poor form. Moss is crap but he's getting a game ahead of Mitch....

Moss is as bad from performances this season. MV was spoilt cos they had a good keeper?

No, the perception that you expect the keepers to do as good a job. As i said, if a good keeper stopped those extra 4 or 5 goals he may be culpable for, then the discussion over how poor the defence has been this season wouldn't have occurred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yet they still dont give my mate a run.. in the youth development squad and is dominating the youth league.

GIVE THE BOYS A GO VICTORY.

RoJo I'm not prepare to go through your rubbish. Fact was Vargas was easily in the top 5 defenders in the past 3 seasons, if you think otherwise your wrong and were already told so in your own thread.

No one is disputing he has had a poor year.

If you want to divert your outlandish claims by discussing the keeper or Muscat's age, why not start another thread on that.

Who gives a s**t. Hardly the first player to be emotive on the field. I'd be more concerned about the lack of emotion coming from your players finals day.
lol trying to turn the truth into a cheap shot on Adelaide United. Guess what? I don't give a s**t, but clearly it hurts you deep inside.

+1
lost a yard of pace IMO and that's all it takes at that level. I love the guy but he is losing it slowly which surprises me. I hope he regains the form though.

"ROTTEN" Roddy Vargas, I agree with the sentiments in front he's definetly lost a yard or two and you can see when Muscat is absent he particularly struggles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back