Rookie Draft pick #11 - Matthew Taberner

Remove this Banner Ad

very happy with Taberner and Howson,hannath was a bit left field but looks a solid pick and Crichton must have impressed RTB...still think he should have been a rookie though,
giving us a chance to promote the best performing Rookie at the start of next season

very happy with Taberner and Howson,hannath was a bit left field but looks a solid pick and Crichton must have impressed RTB...still think he should have been a rookie though,
giving us a chance to promote the best performing Rookie at the start of next season
I would think that the only reason that Crichton is on the main list rather than the rookie list is that it will be tight for spots next year, which means it is going to be hard to cut players off our list and Crichton would be on top of that list if it doesn't work out this year. So really i think he is on the main list purely to be cut next year, rather thatn giving Howson or Taeberner only one year then cutting them and redrafting them

Really, really pleased with this one.

Like a few others, I would've preferred to see him on the main list at the expense of Crichton due to a dearth of depth in the position he plays. Ultimately though, just really excited we have him at all, looking forward to watching him in the WAFL next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

welcome Mathew and well done to all the Big Footy members who may have put a little vocal pressure on the recruiters they certainly have done us proud wth these selectons I believe includng Jesse he may very well come through and be a really solid player for us.

I mentioned in the Pre-Season thread that Lloyd told me we were pretty keen on Taberner. Nice to know he is an honest bloke ;) He has been our key forward in a lot of the simulation drills and looks comfortable.
I've seen him at training too and thought he looked awesome. It is the time of year to dream in regard to what lies ahead for our mighty team. If this kid (or Howson or hendrix as a forwardl)is a massive surprise packet we will be in serious conetention for the premiership. One decent tall forward and marking supprt for Pav is all we lack I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back