Rookie Lotto 2019: bumped back from oblivion edition. What rookies to start onfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Hello all, intriguing bunch of rookies this year where we are not sure of job security yet for many except the more expensive types like Marchbank, Hampton and McCarthy and perhaps bargain basement Eddy.

This thread is were we can discuss and speculate who to field and who will likely get the most points for us, as the more points early on, the better position we will be ranked.

I have a feeling Miles could be good value if he's best 22 for Hawthorn as they need more run through midfield, while Eddy could be a yoyo, 40 one week, 80-90 the next with a bag of goals to his name.

Let's see how this plays out, but it's shaping up to be a challenging year on the rookie front.

Hello all, intriguing bunch of rookies this year where we are not sure of job security yet for many except the more expensive types like Marchbank, Hampton and McCarthy and perhaps bargain basement Eddy.

This thread is were we can discuss and speculate who to field and who will likely get the most points for us, as the more points early on, the better position we will be ranked.

I have a feeling Miles could be good value if he's best 22 for Hawthorn as they need more run through midfield, while Eddy could be a yoyo, 40 one week, 80-90 the next with a bag of goals to his name.

Let's see how this plays out, but it's shaping up to be a challenging year on the rookie front.
I'm not as concerned about what our rookies will score as much as can we get 4-5 games out of them to fatten them up. Other than the 3 you mentioned above, I can't find too many in which I have 100% confidence in their short term, let alone long term js.

Ballsy to go SPS on field sight unseen?

Well Carlton see something to name him round 1. He was in my early teams before the injury. Tempting indeed.

Well Carlton see something to name him round 1. He was in my early teams before the injury. Tempting indeed.
I'm pretty set on picking him, and from there is seems a waste to have those $$ on the bench so I probably will field him. It'd be him, SPP, Barrett battling for m9. tbh none stand out so going the unknown isn't a huge risk

I'm pretty set on picking him, and from there is seems a waste to have those $$ on the bench so I probably will field him. It'd be him, SPP, Barrett battling for m9. tbh none stand out so going the unknown isn't a huge risk
Its either him or GHS for me... very hard decision

Have tried (almost) everything and can't fit SPS into my team :(

Will be starting Picket, SPP and one of Otten of Stewart on field, alongside Hampton

That's it for rookies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Miles at Hawthorn is a surprise
Not worth dumping him though I reckon
Not a real surprise by anyone following Hawthorn. He might get a run now and then, but no JS at all to get a run on to make cash out of early.

Have tried (almost) everything and can't fit SPS into my team :(

Will be starting Picket, SPP and one of Otten of Stewart on field, alongside Hampton

That's it for rookies

I don't see Otten lasting.... his JS worries me. If i knew he'd be picked every week, he'd be one of my first selected in my team

Think Lever will come in for him next week.

I don't see Otten lasting.... his JS worries me. If i knew he'd be picked every week, he'd be one of my first selected in my team

Think Lever will come in for him next week.
Curtly Hampton and EVW name but on extrended bench. That concerns me too, have Hampton, Otten and EVW along the back or on the bench. Hopefulyl at least two of them play.....bloody rookies

Curtly Hampton and EVW name but on extrended bench. That concerns me too, have Hampton, Otten and EVW along the back or on the bench. Hopefulyl at least two of them play.....bloody rookies

Pyke and the club announced earlier today that Hampton is a starter. No worries there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back