Rookie Lotto 2019: bumped back from oblivion edition. What rookies to start onfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

So p.....d off that it was nearly 7 before I got the playing lists. Computer was slow. Didn't get round to picking Butler in Fantasy, wouldn't have started him on field.

Did anybody else find that both sites were slow? AFL probably have the boffins who organised the census managing their site, and were surprised by the traffic!
I'm surprised that you are surprised. It happens every friggin' year. The last hour before the first game ALWAYS has sites crashing. I don't even consider making changes to my side in this period as you risk the possibility of having an incomplete side come the first bounce.

I'm surprised that you are surprised. It happens every friggin' year. The last hour before the first game ALWAYS has sites crashing. I don't even consider making changes to my side in this period as you risk the possibility of having an incomplete side come the first bounce.
Surely it's AFL fantasy related plus everyone playing Supercoach jumping on to see teams.

After two rounds, I think some rooks like SPP and Hampton you field all the time, but it's a guessing game for others who have a large deviation in scoring abilities.

I'm starting Parfitt most games, has a reasonable outside DT game and I think will get better each week

Other two this week will be Otten and Florent likely

Any of you legends want to make a decision on what rookies to play out of these blokes, need to field three of them!
Pickett, Butler, Turner, Hannan, Parfitt, Eddy.

Any of you legends want to make a decision on what rookies to play out of these blokes, need to field three of them!
Pickett, Butler, Turner, Hannan, Parfitt, Eddy.
Butler and Turner are no brainers, they should score 50-70 every week.

I wouldn't ever consider Pickett on field

The last spot comes down to Hannan, Parfitt and Eddy

Hannan has Geelong, Parfitt has Melbourne and Eddy is in the Showdown

Hard choice, Eddy and Hannan have the ceiling over Parfitt, but can throw up a stinker too, Parfitt should be around 50 most weeks imo, but I feel if he has a tackling game it can be higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butler and Turner are no brainers, they should score 50-70 every week.

I wouldn't ever consider Pickett on field

The last spot comes down to Hannan, Parfitt and Eddy

Hannan has Geelong, Parfitt has Melbourne and Eddy is in the Showdown

Hard choice, Eddy and Hannan have the ceiling over Parfitt, but can throw up a stinker too, Parfitt should be around 50 most weeks imo, but I feel if he has a tackling game it can be higher.

Cheers. I feel Eddy could go 60+ but he could also go 20-30. I haven't seen a Dees game this year so don't know anything about Hannan. Parfitt should get 50 but as you say he probably doesn't have the potential to go over 70+ (yet).

This is an area where I have really struggled this year, particularly up front. I know I am not alone, but I reckon I have done worst than most.

I am thinking:
- Hampton and Newman (bench Otten and McGrath)
- SPP and SPS (bench Barrett, Pickett and Horlin-Smith - don't ask me why I have him, I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
- Parfitt (bench Bowes and Eddy)

^^^
Hampton and Marchbank

looks like i need to field 2 of Hampton, McGrath, Newman. will probably go with Hampton and Newman

if i keep Hibberd though, i can set Newman as an emergency. if i like his score, i can field Hibberd. if i don't like his score, i can field McGrath. i'm taking advantage of the partial lockout :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back