FTA-TV Roseanne 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw a couple episodes. It was pretty weak. Saw a few of the original series as well recently and that was better.

I wonder if there would have been the same outrage if a Leftie had said a similar thing about Trump or any of his Cabinet?

I wonder if there would have been the same outrage if a Leftie had said a similar thing about Trump or any of his Cabinet?
Funny you should say that. Today conservatives were calling for Bill Maher's Real Time on HBO to be cancelled because he called Trump an Orangutan.

I got the feeling that it would have
To the contrary, they had already agreed to do another season, and was a bigger hit than the Will & Grace reboot. It was a big call for America's ABC to cancel this show, and they should be congratulated for taking a stand. It's just a shame a lot of good people will lose their jobs on this show because Rosanne couldn't keep her tap shut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um maher and trump are from the same race. are people really this stupid that they dont know what racism is?

Yeah bit different to basically calling an African American an ape.

Just recently Kathy Griffin copped heaps for her fake Trump beheading. Extremes on both sides are treated equally

To the contrary, they had already agreed to do another season, and was a bigger hit than the Will & Grace reboot. It was a big call for America's ABC to cancel this show, and they should be congratulated for taking a stand. It's just a shame a lot of good people will lose their jobs on this show because Rosanne couldn't keep her tap shut.

See, you praise ABC's nobility. I don't buy it.

The No. 1 for these TV stations is money. If "Roseanne" was a massive hit, they wouldn't have got rid of it so quickly afterwards. They would have rested it for a while, and had it in hiatus, and then brought it back a year later, when the heat has died down.

I couldn't see "Seinfeld" getting axed, back in the day, if Jerry had made some comment, because it was one of the highest rating shows of the 90's.

You say that they should be congratulated for taking a stand. They only did it because of advertisers, it wasn't some moral compass. The moment a show no longer meets a station's needs and they can't make money off it anymore, they are happy to axe it.

The same with advertisers. They don't pull out because they are offended. They pull out because they fear boycotts. Again, it is about their chances of making money, and it all about them, not what is right or wrong.

It is also because Roseanne is right-wing. If she were a Democrat, she could say things ten times worse and the Leftie media and others would commend her for it. Her problem is that she picked the less popular side in Hollywood to back.

See, you praise ABC's nobility. I don't buy it.

The No. 1 for these TV stations is money. If "Roseanne" was a massive hit, they wouldn't have got rid of it so quickly afterwards. They would have rested it for a while, and had it in hiatus, and then brought it back a year later, when the heat has died down.

I couldn't see "Seinfeld" getting axed, back in the day, if Jerry had made some comment, because it was one of the highest rating shows of the 90's.

You say that they should be congratulated for taking a stand. They only did it because of advertisers, it wasn't some moral compass. The moment a show no longer meets a station's needs and they can't make money off it anymore, they are happy to axe it.

The same with advertisers. They don't pull out because they are offended. They pull out because they fear boycotts. Again, it is about their chances of making money, and it all about them, not what is right or wrong.

It is also because Roseanne is right-wing. If she were a Democrat, she could say things ten times worse and the Leftie media and others would commend her for it. Her problem is that she picked the less popular side in Hollywood to back.

Um maher and trump are from the same race. are people really this stupid that they dont know what racism is?

Racism is where blacks cry when everyone doesn't fall at their feet in front of them, kowtow to all their demands and hold them accountable for anything.

If a white cop shoots a black man (even if he is a criminal and pointing a gun at the cop), then the cop is wrong to shoot him, no matter what. "Racism" is better a dead white cop than a dead black criminal (because there are no actual black criminals, they are just misunderstood and have had bad upbringings. It's all whitey's fault).

However, if a black cop shoots a white man, that is suddenly okay.

Racism is also when a bunch of white people pretend to understand the plight of the black man, when they never can, and don't understand that to those blacks who cry "racism" at the slightest thing, us whities can never understand their plight, since we are the priviledged and entitled, and no white person has ever been poor or suffered.

When a black man is beaten by white cops, instead of blacks targeting the cops who did it, they burn and pillage white shopkeepers and kick the s**t out of white truck drivers, who had nothing to do with Rodney King, and that is meant to be okay.

But then some blacks will defend O.J. Simpson (if it was a white athlete who killed his black ex-wife, and her black lover, there would be hell to pay), and Bill Cosby, making excuses for their heroes, and how it is white people making up stories to persecute them once again.

Is it racist to accuse some blacks of playing the race card, and use it to get out of taking responsiblity for anything that the white man would also be punished for?

I don't believe in racism, I believe in equality, straight down the line. The black people should have the same rights as whites, no more, no less. If you want to be treated equal, you then can't ask for "special" priviledges, unless everyone else is allowed to have it too.

Things are either right or wrong, no matter what color you are. There aren't "black" laws or "white" laws. The same laws apply to everyone.

Dr Martin Luther King didn't talk about blacks having more rights, or special priviledges, but having the same rights as the white people. I agree with him. This is the standard I hold too. It is just as wrong if Bill Maher was black and said something racist about Roseanne as Roseanne being racist. If blacks want equal rights, they must have equal responsibilities as well. You get the good, and the bad. That's how life should work.

Also, have you never heard of Louis Farrakan, or the Black Panthers? Some blacks know how to dish out racism just as well as SOME white people.

560.jpg

What race do they share?

Please don't say white.
Actually they don't share the same race if you want to look at it that way. Maher is Jewish and Trump Anglo-German. I think what he meant was both are white, although I'd argue Trump is orange.

Actually they don't share the same race if you want to look at it that way. Maher is Jewish and Trump Anglo-German. I think what he meant are both are white, although I'd argue Trump is orange.

They both have a family lineage back to the Celtic cultures. Trump's mother spoke Gaelic before she spoke English.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back