Autopsy Round 10, 2020: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *RYDER 250TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah the old possessive apostrophe - what about when we are talking about Byrnes's name. Right or wrong usage?

As his advocate I’m only an expert on his actual name which definitely has no apostrophe.

I’m no English teacher but I believe the correct usage is “Byrnes’ name.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couple of things I’ve noticed of late is that we mostly appear to use Billings wing when coming out of the backline, then when ready to switch play to Hills wing, we use Coffield a lot as our go to man (using his pace to get out on his own). Also I am becoming more and more impressed with Billings, standing up as a leader now & when Steele went to the forward line, he was the man in the middle, big chance he could be our next Captain.
Highlight of the game against Gold Coast was Butler’s run, bounce and goal with Weller breathing down his neck, now that’s what I call believing in yourself.

I think it's an auto correct issue. No one goes out of their way to use an apostrophe on a phone. I couldn't even locate it tbh

Byrne's - yep swift key likes the apostrophe for some reason.
yep Byrnes autocorrects to Byrne's which is annoying. Billings used to autocorrect to Billing's but magically fixed itself :cool:

He did have a great game but something I noticed after watching the replay his kicking entries into the F50 need to be improved. He travels with the ball looks composed our forwards lead and he bombs to the same spot over their heads every time. Someone as good a kick as he should be hitting up those targets ala Dustin Martin.
Yep, getting the ball a lot but needs to use his leg wiser given his skill level. Bombs to a contest way too often

As his advocate I’m only an expert on his actual name which definitely has no apostrophe.

I’m no English teacher but I believe the correct usage is “Byrnes’ name.”

Yep - give the man an elephant stamp!!!

Imagine being an old "English" teacher in these days of mobile phones and predictive text.

The impact King has on the forwardline is very hard to quantify.

There's been a lot of talk about our goals out the back and it's largely in part to the King factor. Journos keep saying how clubs can/should stop us from getting so many but it's a lot easier said than done. The best way to stop King is definitely to push him under the ball. He's still pretty lanky and Collins/Rampe etc have had some level of effeciveness at nudging him under the ball, but unless they can then intercept it, the ball is out the back and it's perfect for our smalls. He's so bloody tall that if you push him under the ball, it's pretty unlikely to be low enough for his opponent to take it if they're close behind him. He gets outmarked so rarely.

It used to be a bit cringey but funny with his Cyril and Poppy ejaculations, but last night was uncomfortable for a number of reasons.
Actively barracking for the Suns and blowing a gasket everytime he went near it.

After Butler kicking sensational goals on both feet, culminating in an exciting on the burst match winning goal, he swoons like a southern belle over a fairly regulation snap which was good, but the hysterical
RANKINE
RANKINE
RANKINE
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSSSSS

was so cringeworthy and embarrassing, it actually spoilt the moment.

The other thing it is just creepy, the effette, mincing mindless affirmation of a 70 year old man towards 20 year olds is just wrong.

Its not entertaining, funny, or even just ridiculous hyperbole, it has a disturbing sexuality to it.

In these days of Wienstien, Epstein, and #meetoo, the suggestive overtones are totally inappropriate and he should be pulled into line.
Like Sam Newman, his shtick is passe in 2020, and it should stop.

Couldn’t agree more. What if you had that in your lounge room? You wouldn’t want the kids anywhere near him.

Couple of things I’ve noticed of late is that we mostly appear to use Billings wing when coming out of the backline, then when ready to switch play to Hills wing, we use Coffield a lot as our go to man (using his pace to get out on his own). Also I am becoming more and more impressed with Billings, standing up as a leader now & when Steele went to the forward line, he was the man in the middle, big chance he could be our next Captain.
Highlight of the game against Gold Coast was Butler’s run, bounce and goal with Weller breathing down his neck, now that’s what I call believing in yourself.

Noticing how vocal Billings is when he’s out there too. Very impressive.

The impact King has on the forwardline is very hard to quantify.
He gets outmarked so rarely.

Gets his hands to so many. Now just needs the confidence to make them stick.
Butler won’t be so happy when his goals dry up though 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gets his hands to so many. Now just needs the confidence to make them stick.

I think it is more that he needs more strength which will come in time. He is mainly on older and experience key backs who know how to jolt at the right time.

Many of Max's marks have come when he is space or has been able to float in from the side.

It used to be a bit cringey but funny with his Cyril and Poppy ejaculations, but last night was uncomfortable for a number of reasons.
Actively barracking for the Suns and blowing a gasket everytime he went near it.

After Butler kicking sensational goals on both feet, culminating in an exciting on the burst match winning goal, he swoons like a southern belle over a fairly regulation snap which was good, but the hysterical
RANKINE
RANKINE
RANKINE
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSSSSS

was so cringeworthy and embarrassing, it actually spoilt the moment.

The other thing it is just creepy, the effette, mincing mindless affirmation of a 70 year old man towards 20 year olds is just wrong.

Its not entertaining, funny, or even just ridiculous hyperbole, it has a disturbing sexuality to it.

In these days of Wienstien, Epstein, and #meetoo, the suggestive overtones are totally inappropriate and he should be pulled into line.
Like Sam Newman, his shtick is passe in 2020, and it should stop.
DkaPaRt.jpg

And if you go back in play a little bit you can see Butler on the back corner of the square (defensive side) and he sprints past two or three players to get to the point where he takes the handball. Kudos to Paddy to for the dexterity off his toes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back