Preview ROUND 10: Lions v Tigers, Gabba, May 18 2024 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect to the young tigers, but I'm expecting an absolute mauling on Saturday night.

I actually think we are in good form, despite a few obvious things to work on, I think we are getting back to our best. I think the adversity with the injuries has given the boys the shake up they needed.

Having a look ahead, we have many winnable games coming up. This season is crazy tight, we're only what, 3 wins off of 3rd right now or something? Haha. This team played in a gf last year. We've got some stars returning. We're good enough to contend still.

Time to get the winning streak going!

Lions by 684 points
That would be a good percentage booster.

2/ They haven't beaten us at the Gabba since 2019 which is 1/ half a decade ago, and 2/ when their side was at the peak of its period of success, a period which sadly for them can't be called a dynasty because they didn't threepeat. And this Richmond side is not as good as the 2019 version (see below).

Have you got the same info for Brisbanes last win at the MCG haha
This is a very strange post.
No idea what angle you are coming from?

No disrespect to the young tigers, but I'm expecting an absolute mauling on Saturday night.

I actually think we are in good form, despite a few obvious things to work on, I think we are getting back to our best. I think the adversity with the injuries has given the boys the shake up they needed.

Having a look ahead, we have many winnable games coming up. This season is crazy tight, we're only what, 3 wins off of 3rd right now or something? Haha. This team played in a gf last year. We've got some stars returning. We're good enough to contend still.

Time to get the winning streak going!

Lions by 684 points

That's a pretty conservative margin...you expecting a slightly off night still?

I would like to see Brain get a full game against a struggling Tigers side.
That may not happen unless Wilmot moves to the wing.
I have been hoping for a Wilmot move to the wing for a while now but so far it has not happened
You would think Dev would need at least 1 VFL game to be considered over others at this time.
Morris most likely gets another go but it would not surprise me if someone else like Smith or Ryan is promoted.

FB: Noah Answerth, Jack Payne, Ryan Lester

HB: Conor McKenna, Harris Andrews, Dayne Zorko

C: Jasper Fletcher, Hugh McCluggage, Darcy Wilmot

HF: Jarrod Berry (F/M), Eric Hipwood, Cal Ah Chee

FF: Charlie Cameron, Joe Daniher, Logan Morris

FOLL: Oscar McInerney, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Neale

I/C: Cam Rayner (F/M), Kai Lohmann (F), Shadeau Brain (D) Bruce Reville (W/F)

SUB: Harry Sharp (or Bruce Reville)

In: Answerth Out: Prior

I would like to see Brain get a full game against a struggling Tigers side.
That may not happen unless Wilmot moves to the wing.
I have been hoping for a Wilmot move to the wing for a while now but so far it has not happened
You would think Dev would need at least 1 VFL game to be considered over others at this time.
Morris most likely gets another go but it would not surprise me if someone else like Smith or Ryan is promoted.

FB: Noah Answerth, Jack Payne, Ryan Lester

HB: Conor McKenna, Harris Andrews, Dayne Zorko

C: Jasper Fletcher, Hugh McCluggage, Darcy Wilmot

HF: Jarrod Berry (F/M), Eric Hipwood, Cal Ah Chee

FF: Charlie Cameron, Joe Daniher, Logan Morris

FOLL: Oscar McInerney, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Neale

I/C: Cam Rayner (F/M), Kai Lohmann (F), Shadeau Brain (D) Bruce Reville (W/F)

SUB: Harry Sharp (or Bruce Reville)

In: Answerth Out: Prior
Pretty much what I would do, I would like to see Rayner as the third tall, Wilmot to wing.

Outs: Prior and Morris
Ins: Answerth and Brain

Reville to Sub.

Last edited:
Pretty much what I would do, I would like to see Rayner as the third tall, Wilmot to wing.

Reville to Sub.

You're one short there - you've omitted two from the team and only brought one in (Brain is effectively just swapping with Reville).

Reville to Sub.
I don't understand why the coaches did not do it last year, especially the second half of last year putting Cam as the third tall. Cam can have some impact in burst in the midfield, but as I said previously, does not matter how good Cam appears physically in the preseason, he is not a fulltime mid. He is a power athlete. Can only assume Cam has suggested to coaches of his desire to be a permanent mid.

Understandable Morris was quiet after those two games the previous week, but did kick two, and for his confidence I would give him another game, Tigers have a reasonable defence, but there are still two relatively inexperienced talls in their backline, as Balta plays forward.

Reville to Sub.
As Patty K mentions you are one short.
So, i assume you want another mid/forward or ruck in for Morris.
That would allow Dev to get a run, Tunstill or Torrent. A ruck would be Smith or Fort.
We don't have that many other options.

As Patty K mentions you are one short.
So, i assume you want another mid/forward or ruck in for Morris.
That would allow Dev to get a run, Tunstill or Torrent. A ruck would be Smith or Fort.
We don't have that many other options.
Yep, fair enough.
I would keep Reville in the team and have Prior demoted to sub then.
Think Dev needs a game or 2 in the 2’s to get up to speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TIGERS

B:
B.Miller, N.Broad, T.Young

HB: N.Vlastuin, T.Brown, D.Rioli

C: H.Ralphsmith, M.Pickett, K.McIntosh

HF: R.Mansell, S.Bolton, T.Sonsie

F: M.Lefau, D.Martin, N.Balta

FOLL: T.Nankervis - C, D.Prestia, T.Dow

I/C: J.Short, S.Green, K.McAuliffe, M.Coulthard, N.Cumberland

EMG: K.Smith, J.Koschitzke, S.Ryan

IN: K.McIntosh, S.Green, K.McAuliffe, M.Coulthard

OUT: S.Banks (Injured), M.Rioli (Injured), J.Graham (Injured), S.Campbell (Injured)

2/ They haven't beaten us at the Gabba since 2019 which is 1/ half a decade ago, and 2/ when their side was at the peak of its period of success, a period which sadly for them can't be called a dynasty because they didn't threepeat. And this Richmond side is not as good as the 2019 version (see below).

You realise that it's more recent than your last win there?

See you in 30 years chum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back