Review Round 11, 2024 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson Mead has developed so nicely this year. Love his play in recent weeks.. Really like what he provides.

Just working on his CV isn’t he this year. Really liking what he’s providing both individually and in the mix, a real bonus this first half of the season. Super strong on both sides, great intensity for the contest and compliments the core well.

Just working on his CV isn’t he this year. Really liking what he’s providing both individually and in the mix, a real bonus this first half of the season. Super strong on both sides, great intensity for the contest and compliments the core well.
He’s showing good evasive skills, a quick burst off the mark and overlap run. 20 Mead touches gives us good value.

Mead like Port for the last 10 years desperately needs tackling training
I assume you’re referring to the missed tackle on Wardlaw in the first. He also conceded another goal in the last through an errant pass coming out of defence. Overall, I thought he was good with a couple of errors preventing him from getting votes.

As ken would say.
Best win eva

But no the best part was no injuries apart from Rioli and we are somehow 2nd? Also we look so much better without Dixon clogging the forward line. Time to let him go.

Thursday night will be huge and we SHOULD win given Carlton's outs.

It was obvious that Port had their eyes on Thursday night's game vs Carlton simply by looking at the midfield rotations. Butters played less midfield time than normal. Drew spent a lot of time outside the guts. Rozee played exclusively as a forward after rolling his ankle at the first bounce, and Mead got a lot of time on the ball.

A solid result all round to get the 4 points in a percentage boosting win given the upcoming 5 day turnaround.

Ratugolea had another really impressive game keeping Larkey goalless - which breaks Larkey's 29 games in a row where he's kicked at least one goal.

No lower than 3rd on the ladder at the end of the round which a chance to firmly engrain themselves in the top 4 heading into the bye. The only significant blemish today was Rioli's injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bad are Norf? They’ve probably gone backwards under the leadership of the angry gnome.

Terrible game to watch, barely AFL standard at times.

I have a lot of admiration for Trav, but it’s probably fitting that he’s played the majority of his career under Ken. He’s just never been able to deliver when it matters most. Great player, great bloke, but far from champion material.

We are carrying a few players who are woefully out of form, but the rise of Burgoyne & Mead is more than pleasing.

Wish Finlayson would stop having those snaps from 40+ metres, he never gets close to kicking them. One of those things that makes you wonder what the coaches actually do given that still hasn't been coached out of his game.
He's so mentally broken when it comes to his set shots, that he keeps trying those kicks despite the fact he fails to kick them every single time. Commentator was talking it up and in the moment, I was just laughing knowing he was completely wrong and there was zero chance Finlayson was kicking it.

That was a terrible game of football and a terrible performance by us. One more week with only 1 decent quarter. A few great individual efforts and a small few solid players but **** me the mistakes we make are crazy bad. Wines particularly was just horrendous.

Going to be fascinating to see what happens next week.

Do you reckon Norf supporters truly understand how much every other club and their supporters ignore their existence? I don't think they genuinely realise how much they could disappear tomorrow and no one would even ask "wait, anyone seen norf recently?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back