Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
ROUND 11 – KUWARNA (CROM) VS. WAALITJ MARAWAR (WEST COAST REIDGLES) – Sunday, May 26 @ Adelaide Oval

1716355657364.png

Our second match of Sir Doug Nicholls Round sees Waalitj Marawar trek to our second home ground, Adelaide Oval, to take on Kuwarna (the mighty Crom).

This is out first meeting of the year for premiership points, however we have already ventured to the Crowval once this year in the pre-season. It was an 11 goal thumping, with our Eagles going down by 67 points. Despite the scoreboard, there were a few positive signs and green shoots to take away from the performance. Mainly, Harley Reid showed us a glimpse of what we’d been waiting for, as he racked up 20 touches despite coping some pretty hefty attention from the Crows midfield.

WHAT'S IN STORE FOR US?

Expect a fired up Crows side who narrowly lost to Collingwood at the MCG last week. Luckily for us, they will be missing young fire-cracker Izak Rankine, who pulled a hammy whilst trying to run the length of the MCG in the dying moments.

Some might say it’s karma for shushing the home crowd when there was still half a quarter to play.

1716355737303.png

Rankine was one of Adelaide’s most influential players on Saturday, racking up 30 touches, 16 of those contested, and 8 clearances. He also had 8 inside 50’s, and 699 metres gained, and will clearly be a huge loss for them.

Sans Rankine, we will still have Matt Crouch and Jordan Dawson to contend with on Sunday. Dawson in particular is a surgeon with the ball in hand, one of the best field kicks in the competition on his day. He hasn’t hit his usual lofty standards this season, but we can’t take him for granted. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ginbey running with him for at least part of the game.

WE’VE GOT BRADY HASTLE-HOUGH

Hough has been quietly emerging as a genuine star down back this season. With Rankine out, there isn’t a super clear target for Brad Sheppard V2. So far, he’s done a lockdown jobs on dangerous mid/forward hybrids such as Toby Greene, Shai Bolton, Tom Papley, and Jake Stringer.

442487794_1184499809492623_3623434380801980217_n.jpg

I wouldn’t expect him to take Tex Walker, and to be honest, Adelaide don’t have anyone who looks particularly threatening up forward outside of Tex. If he goes to anyone, I would expect it to be Rachelle or Murphy.

ARE YEO KIDDING ME?

Expect our resident midfield psycho & lawn mowing enthusiast to return this week after a welcome few weeks off. After a torrid few seasons with injury, Elliot Yeo has turned back the clock and is close to his best footy again, averaging 23 disposals, 5.6 tackles, and 7.6 clearances this season. We’ve looked a different side with him and Harley bursting out of the centre, expect them to go toe to toe with the Crows midfield this week.

1716356260920.png

YOU WOULDN’T BLOODY REID ABOUT IT!

I bet you’re sick of hearing about this kid! Too bad. How good is Harley Bloody Reid.

In case you missed it, he kicked goal of the year, mugged off Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca, and forced Blake Howes into early retirement all in one game.

IMG_7947.gif

Goal of the year sewn up? Probably.

I won't bang on about him too much. Just enjoy the ride folks, because it's ****ing incredible.

BOILING HOT WATERMAN!

This bloke has been hotter than Wayne Carey around a bag of crushed up anti-inflammatories.

1716355897645.png

In the absence of Oscar Allen, Waterman has stepped up to levels I don’t think anyone saw possible. The Loosh is in career best form in all aspects of his game, and is currently the joint leader in the Coleman Medal, despite missing the away trip to Collingwood with a foggy noggin (concussion)

1716355983202.png 1716355938585.png

Snake’s form has been impressive enough that he’s actually stolen a fraction of the media limelight off his mate Harley. Long may Snake’s reign continue!

WHO GETS THE BUSINESS CLASS SEATS?
According to Chris Scott's Pussies Geelong, we get 12 business class seats for away games. Apparently we're putting an extra row of seats in the planes, considering they only have 8!

1716357442500.png

With that in mind, I think it's important to predict which high flying Coasters will be sitting up the front this week:

1A: Jake Waterman 1C: Harley Reid 1D: Tim Kelly 1F: Jeremy McGovern
2A: Liam Duggan 2C: Jack Darling 2D: Brady Hough 2F: Reuben Ginbey

HONORABLE MENTION (Economy X): Jamie Cripps

SO WILL WE WIN?

I reckon we’re a shout. We all know that Adelaide is historically our home away from home, boasting 9 wins from 17 appearances despite being the worst team in AFL history for the last 2 years. With Rankine out and Yeo in, I think the scales are tipped in our favour. Expect a fierce midfield battle, which is where the game will be won and lost. If we can keep Dawson/Crouch in check, and if BWilliams can hold his own against Reilly O’Brien the way he did against Max Gawn, then we’ll be right in the contest.

Prediction: Waalitj Marawar by 11 points, Waterman to kick 4 goals, Harley to put a hole in Matt Crouch’s chest, Jack Darling's business class seat to have a broken leg rest.

Last edited:

I think we can win this particular game of football. It’s like the next test after a big upset win against the Dees is a shock away win. With Yeo in and Rankine out I think we are a huge chance if we keep any of the momentum of Sunday’s outing going into the game.

Should be a hot contest from the get-go. I really wonder if Sheed will get another negating role after doing so well against Clarry at the weekend. Apparently been spruiking himself as the new Mark Hutchings around the club this week. Could be really handy if he takes say a Dawson out of it a bit

They're a good physical match up but Dawson is the one who will cut us up. He's who I would like to stop.

That’s where I was leaning as he can play a huge part in their ball movement with his use particularly by foot. I think with Rankine out if you can limit Dawson then it gets a fair bit tougher for them to generate drive through the middle

Last edited:
That’s where I was leaning as is he can play a huge part in their ball movement with his use particularly by foot. I think with Rankine out if you can limit Dawson then it gets a fair bit tougher for them to generate drive through the middle

Yep. Not much you can do about Crouch getting his hands on it in tight, but if we can match that and stifle his room to dispose of it to the outside then that's job done.

Dawson will cut us up with bullet kicks all day so he is who we need to go to work on. I would hope that also means Sheed is less of a requirement in the CBD. Ginbey or Yeo can match up on Crouch in there instead.

1A: Jake Waterman 1C: Harley Reid 1D: Tim Kelly 1F: Jeremy McGovern
2A: Liam Duggan 2C: Jack Darling 2D: Brady Hough 2F: Reuben Ginbey
Let me correct your errors here.

JD and Duggan can go back with the rabble.

TB and BBW can have those seats please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me correct your errors here.

JD and Duggan can go back with the rabble.

TB and BBW can have those seats please.
I'm all for giving JD a whack when he deserves one, but he was outstanding on the weekend.

I'm all for giving JD a whack when he deserves one, but he was outstanding on the weekend.
Oh not saying he hasn't done a good job last week and even the week prior.
But TB and BBW have been massive so far this year. give them the extra leg room :D

Oh not saying he hasn't done a good job last week and even the week prior.
But TB and BBW have been massive so far this year. give them the extra leg room :D
I’ll give you TB but reckon Williams so far is going worse than last year when he took a massive leap (for his standards)

Duggo first couple weeks a side has been great too and has gone under the radar

i think we're a chance on sunday
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Agreed mate.
West Coast should be winning this game, and winning it quite easily if they’re half serious.

Thing is we’re not yet half serious, and still in early rebuild - but I still think we can take it up to Adelaide on their home deck this week regardless. I think we might be up & about for this one although it’d be a huge shift in our away form if we could get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back