Preview Round 11 Bulldogs vs Swans (with no gimmicky titles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All I did was go to one Swans game, I was barracking for a Carlton loss, the next best thing to a Collingwood win, appreciate the inclusion but I really wasn’t there supporting the Swans. How do I remove myself from my involvement here, can someone uninvite me?
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

It was a typical Saturday morning at our local Super Cheap Auto store. We were all busy helping customers find the right parts and accessories for their cars. The aisles were filled with a mix of car enthusiasts and everyday drivers looking for deals. Suddenly, the automatic doors slid open, and in walked Sam Reid, the famous AFL footballer. He strutted in with an air of arrogance, as if he owned the place.

Sam’s entrance was hard to miss. Dressed in designer jeans, a flashy leather jacket, and sunglasses despite being indoors, he exuded confidence. He grabbed a cart and began pushing it down the aisles, loudly talking on his phone. “Yeah, mate, I’m at some auto store. Gotta pick up some stuff for the car. Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,” he boasted, clearly unaware of what he actually needed.

I watched as Sam reached the first aisle, filled with car care products, and grabbed the nearest bottle without looking. “This will fix the weird noise the engine’s been making,” he said to himself, completely serious. He moved on to the tire section, where he stood staring at the rows of tires with a confused expression.

Seeing his confusion, I decided to offer assistance. “Excuse me, Sam. Can I help you find something?”

Sam looked at me with a dismissive wave. “Nah, I got this. Just need some new tires for my car. How hard can it be?” He picked up the first tire he saw and struggled to lift it into his cart. “These should be fine.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Those are snow tires. Do you need them for winter driving?”

Sam frowned, clearly annoyed. “Tires are tires, right? They all do the same thing.”

I sighed, realizing this was going to be a long interaction. “Actually, different tires are designed for different conditions. Maybe I can help you find the right ones for your car?”

Sam rolled his eyes. “Fine, whatever. Just make it quick. I’ve got places to be.”

As I guided Sam through the store, it became painfully obvious that he had no idea what he was looking for. He picked up random items, ignoring my advice, and dismissed any attempt to educate him about the products. His arrogance grated on everyone around him.

“I need one of those thingamajigs that make the engine go faster,” Sam declared, grabbing a random part off the shelf. It was a cup holder.

Struggling to maintain my composure, I responded, “Do you mean a performance chip or an air intake? It depends on what you’re trying to achieve.”

Sam scoffed. “I don’t know. Just give me whatever. I’m sure it’ll work.”

Other customers in the store started whispering and shaking their heads. Sam’s attitude was far from endearing, and his blatant disregard for our expertise was making him unpopular fast.

At the checkout, Sam continued to be difficult. He complained about the prices, questioned the necessity of various parts, and argued with the cashier over a discount he felt entitled to. “Don’t you know who I am?” he snapped.

The cashier, maintaining a professional demeanor, replied, “Yes, Mr. Reid. But we have to treat all our customers equally. The prices are as marked.”

Sam grumbled as he paid for his items, then stormed out of the store, leaving us all relieved to see him go.

As he loaded his purchases into his car, I watched from the doorway, shaking my head. “Fame doesn’t excuse rudeness,” I muttered to a colleague. “Hopefully, he learns that not everyone is impressed by a big name if the attitude doesn’t match.”

And so, Sam Reid, the AFL footballer, drove off, oblivious to the negative impression he had left behind. The encounter served as a reminder to all of us that knowledge and humility go a long way, no matter who you are.
I think there is something in that for all of us.

It was a typical Saturday morning at our local Super Cheap Auto store. We were all busy helping customers find the right parts and accessories for their cars. The aisles were filled with a mix of car enthusiasts and everyday drivers looking for deals. Suddenly, the automatic doors slid open, and in walked Sam Reid, the famous AFL footballer. He strutted in with an air of arrogance, as if he owned the place.

Sam’s entrance was hard to miss. Dressed in designer jeans, a flashy leather jacket, and sunglasses despite being indoors, he exuded confidence. He grabbed a cart and began pushing it down the aisles, loudly talking on his phone. “Yeah, mate, I’m at some auto store. Gotta pick up some stuff for the car. Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,” he boasted, clearly unaware of what he actually needed.

I watched as Sam reached the first aisle, filled with car care products, and grabbed the nearest bottle without looking. “This will fix the weird noise the engine’s been making,” he said to himself, completely serious. He moved on to the tire section, where he stood staring at the rows of tires with a confused expression.

Seeing his confusion, I decided to offer assistance. “Excuse me, Sam. Can I help you find something?”

Sam looked at me with a dismissive wave. “Nah, I got this. Just need some new tires for my car. How hard can it be?” He picked up the first tire he saw and struggled to lift it into his cart. “These should be fine.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Those are snow tires. Do you need them for winter driving?”

Sam frowned, clearly annoyed. “Tires are tires, right? They all do the same thing.”

I sighed, realizing this was going to be a long interaction. “Actually, different tires are designed for different conditions. Maybe I can help you find the right ones for your car?”

Sam rolled his eyes. “Fine, whatever. Just make it quick. I’ve got places to be.”

As I guided Sam through the store, it became painfully obvious that he had no idea what he was looking for. He picked up random items, ignoring my advice, and dismissed any attempt to educate him about the products. His arrogance grated on everyone around him.

“I need one of those thingamajigs that make the engine go faster,” Sam declared, grabbing a random part off the shelf. It was a cup holder.

Struggling to maintain my composure, I responded, “Do you mean a performance chip or an air intake? It depends on what you’re trying to achieve.”

Sam scoffed. “I don’t know. Just give me whatever. I’m sure it’ll work.”

Other customers in the store started whispering and shaking their heads. Sam’s attitude was far from endearing, and his blatant disregard for our expertise was making him unpopular fast.

At the checkout, Sam continued to be difficult. He complained about the prices, questioned the necessity of various parts, and argued with the cashier over a discount he felt entitled to. “Don’t you know who I am?” he snapped.

The cashier, maintaining a professional demeanor, replied, “Yes, Mr. Reid. But we have to treat all our customers equally. The prices are as marked.”

Sam grumbled as he paid for his items, then stormed out of the store, leaving us all relieved to see him go.

As he loaded his purchases into his car, I watched from the doorway, shaking my head. “Fame doesn’t excuse rudeness,” I muttered to a colleague. “Hopefully, he learns that not everyone is impressed by a big name if the attitude doesn’t match.”

And so, Sam Reid, the AFL footballer, drove off, oblivious to the negative impression he had left behind. The encounter served as a reminder to all of us that knowledge and humility go a long way, no matter who you are.

the bit about "places to be", he must've meant rehab ... or more surgery ...
apart from that, does it ever cross your mind that he's stalking you? he seems to turn up in your daily life a fair bit ... which means it's probably sensible you keep publishing these accounts

Apologies for popping in here, just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck for this Thursday. Have really enjoyed watching you blokes this year.
Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

If the Western Bulldogs were a toastie, what toastie would they be ? Chief Toastie Officer sataris, we await your wisdom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No TMac again this week

Better safe than sorry. Tom's health comes first.

I was wondering last night why terrible injuries seem to target good folk.

Johnson, Crayfish, Paddy Mac, Brayshaw are four terrific people by all accounts. The Irish lad at Geelong also seems a much loved bloke at the Litter Box and in Ireland. He has retired at 18.

Back on topic.

Sort of...

The Footscray "equivalent" to our thread freaks out about our thread and any references made to 2016.

They fail to acknowledge the broad footy fan community view the brave dogs were privileged through that Final series. Arguably the Giants were even more ripped off than us.

That neon flashing asterisk on 2016 is there for perpetuity.

I see some Footscray Board coward quoted me without tagging me. Be careful folks. Don't post on their thread.

Feeling like we may go with some matchups like
Jordon onto Dale (Think with Richards moving into the midfield Dale has become awfully similar in role to Whitfield)
Rowbottom onto Richards (Feel like Richards is getting clearances but Rowbottom can put enough pressure onto him to affect the kicking efficiency)
Heeney on Bont (Matched up on Cripps before so feel like he is the best way to nullify Bont whilst he is in the middle. If only Mills was back as this would be the perfect matchup for him)
Warner and Treloar as the last midfield matchup but don't think they will be running close to one another unlike the other pairs. (Whoever wins this matchup will probably win the midfield battle to be honest.)

With Fox a confirmed out, I'd like to see Campbell get a run in the 22 at wing. Push Lloyd back to half back. Or have them both play some of each. Could throw McInerney into that mix too. Roberts as sub.

With Fox a confirmed out, I'd like to see Campbell get a run in the 22 at wing. Push Lloyd back to half back. Or have them both play some of each. Could throw McInerney into that mix too. Roberts as sub.
I want Roberts in over Campbell , they might play Hambling

But Lloyd and McInerney on the wings is working beautifully. Lloyd arguably having his best season in a while, and I'd say a large contributing factor to that is this role better masks his deficiencies when defending one-on-one. Meanwhile, you could make an argument McInerney has been one of the best wings in the comp this year.

There's no reason to change it. Campbell hasn't really demanded selection when he's had the opportunity this year.

I'd just go more like-for-like as far as roles go and swap Fox for Roberts. Campbell as sub. Also worth noting that Roberts was flying until the two games with wet/dewy conditions (GWS and Freo). He definitely won't have that issue under the roof at Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back