Preview Round 11 - Hawthorn v Brisbane 1.10pm Sunday -Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Reville named in the starting 18 not the extended bench so that would be a departure from the norm... from my feeble excuse for a memory anyway. :think: :shoutyoldman:

He's on the extended bench now.

Screenshot_20240524_171441_AFL.jpg

He's on the extended bench now.

View attachment 1999034
Thanks for that, I was going by the team that dropped yesterday, that afl.com?

I agree with you then, Sharp with his elite endurance makes sense to start and Reville as an impact player off the bench.

I assume Bailey was swapped into the starting 18.

Thanks for that, I was going by the team that dropped yesterday, that afl.com?

I agree with you then, Sharp with his elite endurance makes sense to start and Reville as an impact player off the bench.

I assume Bailey was swapped into the starting 18.

I don't mind it at all. Reville as sub will allow him to make the most of his tools without jeopardizing his lack of match fitness.

I think he'll get there in that regard though. Big preseason focusing on endurance will do it.

From what I have seen of Ryan in the reserves he is painfully slow which means Daniher will probably have to play at CHF as well as taking ruck duties. That would be a massive task imo. With Marvel being a very quick deck I can see some real problems with stopping Hawthorn’s rebound from defence which is a strong point of theirs. And it appears that we will have one of our best runners on the bench which will only make things worse. I hope we haven’t lost this at the selection table.

From what I have seen of Ryan in the reserves he is painfully slow which means Daniher will probably have to play at CHF as well as taking ruck duties. That would be a massive task imo. With Marvel being a very quick deck I can see some real problems with stopping Hawthorn’s rebound from defence which is a strong point of theirs. And it appears that we will have one of our best runners on the bench which will only make things worse. I hope we haven’t lost this at the selection table.
Ryan was good for hawthorn when he played, has sticky hands and finds space well. Pretty smart player. But tank is poor and lacks speed or explosiveness. Will play FF I presume, Daniher CHF and second ruck. Morris third tall. Rayner can also play taller.

This will make more sense than Sharp. Really think playing multiple players out of position just to squeeze Bailey in somewhere is not worthwhile.

100%. Sharp has the wing locked for the time being IMO. Still rough around the edges, but realistically he's not going to get any better in the VFL and his weapons are exactly what our team needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back