Preview Round 12, 2024: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium - Saturday 1st June, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, we go again this week.

What changes are you making?
Crouch in Seb Ross out
Hotton in Collard out
Membery in Hammer out

I 'd bring in Butler but really he needs a few more games / Collard needs to dominate in the 2s before given another chance - he will be a player but let he grow and develop.

I would also bring in Clark but it all depends on what position he is put in.

I would bring in Membery and drop Hammer to reward VFL form and selection integrity.

However, I don't agree that Hammer gives us nothing. He provides a contest most of the time, kicks a goal a game, applies pressure, and has quite a lot of "almost" moments. You can say that's not good enough, but that's about the going rate for 20-year-old key forwards (even high draft picks struggle to do any better). Honestly, Jeremy Cameron would struggle to get a kick in our forward line at the moment.

I'm bullish on Caminiti; I think he's going to be a good player. If you compare him to Aaron Cadman, who was pick number 1 and is the same age as Hammer, playing in a much better side, Hammer actually has him covered in all statistical areas having played almost the same amount of games.

I’m actually a Hammer fan

Got to keep turning over the players, see whose worth keeping at the end of the year, while also rewarding form.

Out:
Caminiti- destroyed on the weekend

Collard- we are destroying his confidence

Bonner- he isn't taking us anywhere, he butchers the ball.

In:
Membrey, Hotton, crouch

B: Webster, Howard, Wilkie
Hb: NAS, battle, Sinclair
C: wood, crouch, Wilson
Hf: hill, membrey, Henry
F: Higgins, king, Owens
Foll: Marshall, Steele, windhager
Int: stocker, Dow, hotton, Sharman
Sub: Ross

In - Membrey, Crouch, Clark, Hotton

Out - Caminiti, Collard, Sharman, Ross

Membrey has to come in. Too good for VFL level and we need players who can score.

Crouch is ready. I think Clark is worth trying to see. Some of his clearance work was impressive in the VFL. Butler needs another week.

Hotton is the one I'm unsure about - his game was great and 5 goals deserves to come in but will we be conservative and stick with a Ross type instead?

Hopefully Crouch is ready.
If I was Hotten and I’ve just kicked 5 goals at Sandy while Collard has just had 7 possessions in 2 games in the 1sts I’d be questioning selection integrity big time.
Collard needs development time. He’s had a look now go back and work on what you’ve learnt. Couldn’t give a rats if we’re playing on his home deck.
We all want Hotton to succeed but probably the first ever dominant game he has played at VFL level - back it up for a couple of weeks then come on down!

this board is so bloody short sighted, we complain about being 9thmond for a decade (more) and playing GOPs over blooding the youth, ross comes in and starts blooding the youth (last year too), we fall down the ladder because our polish isn't there (not because we don't have a crack), meaning we might get a proper rebuild for the first time in 20 years (the mccartin/billings rebuild was a bust due to drafting), and everyone wants to sack the coach!

Sweet, so we sack the coach that is making the hard choices with the backing of the president, get rid of both of them, bring in another watters or richo or whoever that knows if they don't turn us into a 9thmond they too will get a knife in the back, they trade in GOPs, the cycle repeats itself.

absolute morons.

we are not a marquee club, we can't do a geelong/collingwood and continue to avoid bottoming out properly in order to bring in high end talent. Play the kids, win if you can, if not hit the draft. Do it for a few more years and then attack.

Imagine this side with two more Mileras AND another wilson or garcia... now we're cooking with gas

this board is so bloody short sighted, we complain about being 9thmond for a decade (more) and playing GOPs over blooding the youth, ross comes in and starts blooding the youth (last year too), we fall down the ladder because our polish isn't there (not because we don't have a crack), meaning we might get a proper rebuild for the first time in 20 years (the mccartin/billings rebuild was a bust due to drafting), and everyone wants to sack the coach!

Sweet, so we sack the coach that is making the hard choices with the backing of the president, get rid of both of them, bring in another watters or richo or whoever that knows if they don't turn us into a 9thmond they too will get a knife in the back, they trade in GOPs, the cycle repeats itself.

absolute morons.

we are not a marquee club, we can't do a geelong/collingwood and continue to avoid bottoming out properly in order to bring in high end talent. Play the kids, win if you can, if not hit the draft. Do it for a few more years and then attack.

Imagine this side with two more Mileras AND another wilson or garcia... now we're cooking with gas
Great post

Because he's a battler who has the skills of a VFL player and a good attitude. Very much Geary MK 2.

That's ex captain, trend setting trainer during pandemic Geary to you.

Stocker will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hottons past 2 weeks have been excellent. And he has shown glimpses this year and last when not injured. Hypocritical to say that Olli needs to string some good performances together, when you have collard in the same position, having no form line whatsoever, and a decent chance in the ones. He needs to play, to see if he is worth persisting with next year and beyond.

Hopefully Crouch is ready.
If I was Hotten and I’ve just kicked 5 goals at Sandy while Collard has just had 7 possessions in 2 games in the 1sts I’d be questioning selection integrity big time.
Collard needs development time. He’s had a look now go back and work on what you’ve learnt. Couldn’t give a rats if we’re playing on his home deck.
If I were Hotton, I'd be focused on my own game and getting some consistency of form and fitness. It's pretty promising atm, and he's probably better off getting touches at Sandy than watching Harley running the other way with the ball all afternoon in the west.

Very, very important game this…

The footy-team supporting future of my 3-month old twin granddaughters hangs precariously in the balance!

Dad (my son, a Saints member), Mum and all her family Eagles supporters as they live in Perth.

Lot riding on this - Don’t screw it up for me, boys!

Very, very important game this…

The footy-team supporting future of my 3-month old twin granddaughters hangs precariously in the balance!

Dad (my son, a Saints member), Mum and all her family Eagles supporters as they live in Perth.

Lot riding on this - Don’t screw it up for me, boys!
Well, neither team got a single coaches vote between them on the weekend. Not even a sympathy one from the oppo coach. With draft picks on the line, if ever there was to be a nil all draw...

absolute morons.

Don't think there's any cause for concern. Ross is there for the next couple of years, no amount of fans complaining is going to change that fact. We have half the list out of contract for a reason...and Ross has the place bugged from the top down with his chosen acolytes.
Whether we like it or not, or want it or not.
Lyon is the boss...and the list is in transition.

Well, neither team got a single coaches vote between them on the weekend. Not even a sympathy one from the oppo coach. With draft picks on the line, if ever there was to be a nil all draw...
So if there’s a draw, that will mean one baby goes each way?
Not sure I’d be happy with that either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back