Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 23? Yes, but we have either out or returning from injury Crouch, Dow, Henry & Clark.

I have no issue with Byrnes being in, and continuing to be in the side if form and output warrants. But there is a lot of hyperbole around these parts (BigFooty not just St Kilda land) about "you can't win flags with players like xxx" in your side.

Sure you can. It happens all the time.
Exactly. About six of the wtf in Pies flag last year

My guess is Webster will cop a month after headbutting someone's shoulder this week.
Well one thing is almost certain...a St. Kilda player will get suspended for either doing something that no one else will get suspended for, or suspended for longer than what other players do for doing the same thing...or suspended for potentially looking like doing something, even if nothing happens at all.

Really feel like this is a bit of a lose-lose game for us.

It's been fairly well publicised that North have conceded over 100 points in each game this season.

We've struggled to score in every game, Collingwood excepted.

If we eke out a 9.13 to 8.8 sort of win it won't exactly tell us much about the side - in fact it will feel quite hollow.
It’s for this reason I’m not going tomorrow. A loss would be devastating and a close win will be very frustrating . A big win would be great but embarrassing if you smile too much because it’s against North.

Grea that Hastie is getting another game. This is Hayes big chance to impress, otherwise it will probably be back to Sandy. Webster needs to put in a big one, as Bonner has been getting a bit of the ball.
Not just back to Sandy but if he doesn't play a few games this year, he will be cut

Steele - not the best he's ever looked but moved better as the session went on. Was very vocal in the drills, giving Phillipou constant feedback. Whatever is bothering him won't stop him from playing.

King - looks completely recovered. His lateral movement and overall agility was good. In the goal kicking session to start training, seemed to be working a lot on his walk in and getting his distance he was walking right.

Wood - looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

Clark - his inability to put on upper body size is a medical mystery but he looks slimmer than when he was last on the track. His foot skills are still great. Logic says it won't happen but there is just something about him that still makes me hopeful it will happen.

Henry - still 1-2 weeks away but looked promising. They managed him a bit at the end of the session.

Hayes - didn't stand out much but hopeful he will return given he was in the 'A' group.

Others without injury concerns;

Owens was the standout for me today - his goal kicking was much improved and looking ready for a big game. Garcia got some praise from the Boss for multiple defensive efforts. Seemed to be lining up as a forward so maybe a positional move to help cover the loss of Higgins and Butler. Hill looks as lively as ever. if Jones played at AFL level the way he trained, he'd be a gun. Brynes on the 'A' team as a wing so should keep his spot. Moose looked a long way off it today. Allison has improved but it's a bit of too little too late for him. Sharman had presence in the small match sim which he hasn't had for most of the season. Hopefully he can get some continuity in 1 position at whichever level he plays.
Were either of Stocker or Sinclair training with the mids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back