Preview Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - UTAS Stadium, Launceston - Saturday 11th May, 1.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow pou dropped
Live footage

Illustration Bird GIF by Amalteia

Hope Pou kills it in the magoos.
I think this will be good for him.
He's a very determined lad and I think this slight setback will give him even more drive to succeed.
I will be a very interested onlooker to see how he goes this week!

Henry you little beauty.

If he and Windy can produce the games they did against the Pies then we should se some real zip in the midfield.

Just warning everyone, don't expect too much from Hayes in his second game, the sports scientist in me tells me it's always hard going in your second game after a long come back...therefore we will need another tall forward to play well.

Henry you little beauty.

If he and Windy can produce the games they did against the Pies then we should se some real zip in the midfield.

Just warning everyone, don't expect too much from Hayes in his second game, the sports scientist in me tells me it's always hard going in your second game after a long come back...therefore we will need another tall forward to play well.
Membrey is due, oh & the other guy

Hey .might be meeting a mate near mentone / moordi / parkdale on sat to watch the footy . Anyone recommend any pub that has a great setup and one that kinda prioritizes football?
Cheers in advance.
Ps I don’t really rate the Sporting Globe.

Membrey Ross and Webbie been pushed to the interchange.
Next three in line for Sandy if they don’t lift.

Do we see Pato as sub or Hugo? I reckon Paton, has been a good sub for us in the past and Hugo will be needed for the front half pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smells like selection integrity.

Yeah can't complain about those changes.

Phillipou and Byrnes were the two players that deserved to be dropped on form and Henry and Paton the two obvious inclusions.

It would have been nice to see Schoenmaker make his debut at home but Paton has more experience and gives us more flexibility.

Do we see Pato as sub or Hugo? I reckon Paton, has been a good sub for us in the past and Hugo will be needed for the front half pressure.

Paton would be a good option as sub, he can play defence and midfield and it would be nice to have a more experienced sub too.

So far this year we have had rookies as our subs and they have struggled to have much of an impact in that role.

From
Yeah can't complain about those changes.

Phillipou and Byrnes were the two players that deserved to be dropped on form and Henry and Paton the two obvious inclusions.

It would have been nice to see Schoenmaker make his debut at home but Paton has more experience and gives us more flexibility.
Hopefully we sent Paton to Bruest for a lockdown role, he's the forward we have to worry most about.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Arie in the team, Wilson on the wing and Hastie having a run at Sandy.

The problem is that the misses are costly.

It’s a lot like a goalkeeper in soccer for half backs. You make one mistake, everyone will remember it over the good you did.

Fair enough, but I'm also remembering Nas, Stocker, Webster & Sincs doing it as well when he first came back. I think you need to look more closely at what Bonner does well. Not saying that the crowd are not doing the Raph Clark aagh occasionally though.They certainly did with Webster last game haha.

Last edited:

Yeah definitely Pato

Henry back is huge.

I'm glad Paton has been rewarded. Was very good at Sandy and deserves the call up ahead of anyone else.

Phillipou needed to be dropped. I hope we do similar as we did with Windy last year - put him in the centre square at Sandy and no matter how he plays, keep him there for at least 2-3 weeks before we consider bringing him back. Get the ball in his hands and build that confidence back up.

I can't help but have high praise for RTB's press conferences. Witty, relaxed, engaging, strategic in outlook and forthright while not giving too much away. But every-one knows what he means, especially the players. Light years ahead of where we've been for sooo very long it hurts!

I know we have to be patient yet again, or continue to suffer for a while longer, but I have genuine belief that this club has finally got all the right pieces in play and is taking us to the promised land. However, I'm not remotely interested in milk and honey as the ultimate reward. I want a cup, a flag, wild unrestrained rejoicing and endless replays of the new gods marching in!!

Looks an OK team, glad Paton is back. I think Pou just needs to learn more about using his body in contests and can work on it in the forward half at Sandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back