Autopsy Round 12 vs GWS - what did you learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Win the ball and you won't have to chase it. We were smashed in the contested ball yesterday.

Spot on

And if your best players are not getting it then the opposition can invest less time in them and run and create

I liked Nankervis v the crows

But whoever is in form

Drex has a good tank

Yer not to sound arrogant but i doubt it matters against Melbourne actually think it will be good to get Naismith in, give him a fullgame against a opposition we should beat.

Drex luckiest player to be on a AFL list honestly crazy to think he was signed up till the end of 2016.

Would of thought Nankervis is ahead of Naismith no?
I think Nankervis would be a better replacement for Sinclair as a forward/2nd ruck, but Naismith is probably a better option as a 1st ruck replacement for Tippett. Depends what the coaches think about Sinclair as first ruck, i suppose? If they don't think he's up to it, then Naismith might get a run.

I left the Hub, where I was watching this game, before the end of the third qtr. This is something I never do but I was so disgusted in our performance I couldn't bare to watch any more. Watching James Rose get buffeted around like a rag doll (despite his 3 goals first game) and knowing Tim Membrey kicked 5 goals for the saints, can't believe that decision by our club. Maybe we were tired from the previous week, but I was sorely disappointed in our game. Papley should be in our side, Heeney needs a rest, and we need to look for other options to goal other than Buddy.
I'd be a lot more disappointed if they hadn't been ridiculously impressive across the first eleven rounds. Pretty much a four quarter effort every week. We've been the best team of the year, and given much better efforts consistently than teams like Geelong, GWS, North, Hawthorn etc. As long as it's a rarity, I'll take it and move on.

Another crap start to a third quarter, as I've stated before this trend has been going on for years, we come out after half time as if they've pass around a bucket bong.

Kurt is a huge loss because hes so damaging when he goes forward. As a ruck, i could care less.Thats not to disrespect or put down kurt, i personally just dont put that much weight into having a great ruckman, sure it helps bit imo its probably the least important position.
We won the premiership with a canadian rugby player as our ruck. Other superstar ruckman that have played in some of the best sides in the modern era are mark blake, clark keating and max bailey! Freo have had arguably one of the top 5 most dominant rucks of all time and have won squat.

my point is that is sucks kurt has gone down, hes been awesome and all year, however history shows you can win games and a flag carrying a spud ruckman (as we are about to do). The rest of our team is good enough to carry the burden and make up the difference.

Im bummed we have lost kurt for the forseeable future however position wises and structurally, our flag chances would have taken a much bigger hit if say buddy, reg, kennedy or hanners went down.

My flag hopes have not been diminished that severely over the coarse of the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kurt is a huge loss because hes so damaging when he goes forward. As a ruck, i could care less.Thats not to disrespect or put down kurt, i personally just dont put that much weight into having a great ruckman, sure it helps bit imo its probably the least important position.
We won the premiership with a canadian rugby player as our ruck. Other superstar ruckman that have played in some of the best sides in the modern era are mark blake, clark keating and max bailey! Freo have had arguably one of the top 5 most dominant rucks of all time and have won squat.

my point is that is sucks kurt has gone down, hes been awesome and all year, however history shows you can win games and a flag carrying a spud ruckman (as we are about to do). The rest of our team is good enough to carry the burden and make up the difference.

Im bummed we have lost kurt for the forseeable future however position wises and structurally, our flag chances would have taken a much bigger hit if say buddy, reg, kennedy or hanners went down.

My flag hopes have not been diminished that severely over the coarse of the weekend

Yep this loss does nothing to change the fact we are still one of the best sides in it.

All this bashing of Parker is a bit unwarranted. Stevie Wonder could see that he is playing injured...wouldn't surprise me if he misses this week against Melbourne to give him 2 weeks off.

We do like playing an injured player

And don't forget Jason Ball palming the ball to Nick Davis in the final quarter of 2005 second semi-final between Sydney and Geelong. Ruckmen can do enormous damage.

I learnt that none of the following would get a game with GWS which is scary for us

Marsh
Mcglynn
Rose
Sinclair
Cunningham
Lloyd
McVeigh

Last edited:
And don't forget Jason Ball palming the ball to Nick Davis in the final quarter of 2005 second semi-final between Sydney and Geelong. Ruckmen can do enormous damage.

Paul Chambers did a lot of damage just by being picked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back