Round 13 changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answerth out?? Another work horse gone?? Not sure who will actually contribute to winning the game if we keep dropping players who actually bust a gut...
Answerth has massive limitations IMO. There was a clear example of him on the wing, kicking to HF and turning the ball over with his man next to him. Only for the very next kick to go back over his head and the man that was marking him be out the back. He seems to be a bit of a leak in our defensive structure at times.

But he's not the only one.

Answerth has massive limitations IMO. There was a clear example of him on the wing, kicking to HF and turning the ball over with his man next to him. Only for the very next kick to go back over his head and the man that was marking him be out the back. He seems to be a bit of a leak in our defensive structure at times.

But he's not the only one.
He's really improved and his kicking is much much better than it was. But he's still the weak link in the defensive line and he's not really showing enough to be an AFL wing or any other position. Others are better kicks and I dont think we have many guys in the backline who dont bust their arses to defend.

I just wish we could combine his work ethic into some of the talented but lazy guys up the field.

He's really improved and his kicking is much much better than it was. But he's still the weak link in the defensive line and he's not really showing enough to be an AFL wing or any other position. Others are better kicks and I dont think we have many guys in the backline who dont bust their arses to defend.

I just wish we could combine his work ethic into some of the talented but lazy guys up the field.
Hes definitely improved and there is no doubting his commitment to the cause. Puts his body on the line regularly.

He would probably make a pretty decent defensive half forward, but he will never get a game in there over our regular "contributors".

Hes definitely improved and there is no doubting his commitment to the cause. Puts his body on the line regularly.

He would probably make a pretty decent defensive half forward, but he will never get a game in there over our regular "contributors".
That's a big reason I've liked Ah Chee and Lohman forward (and I didnt hate Dev there). At least those guys put in the defensive hard work. Shame not everyone is held to that standard

Not a negative question but How is Fletcher holding up ?
I ask this as he has moments, performs a role, seems solid but not dynamic… sure many of the reviewers on this site would have had a closer look at his efforts and use.

Nothing to lose now, Chris. You’ve shown more than enough loyalty to the underperformers and they haven’t repaid you, make the tough calls and use the season to see what you have now please. And yes I know this won’t happen:

Defense:
Starcevich, Andrews, Lester
Brain, Payne, Wilmott

Mids:
Fletcher, Berry, Sharp
Smith, Neale, Dunkley

Forwards:
Lohmann, McInerney, Morris
Bailey, Daniher, Ah Chee

Bench:
Answerth, Reville, McCluggage, Robertson

Sub:
Zorko

Out:
Rayner, Hipwood, Cameron, McKenna
What is with zorko on the bench all of a sudden? I may have missed the game due to a wedding, but he has been one of our best performers in the last month. The only thing I saw him do that was literally Jack Ginnivan raising his shoulder was that free kick

Not a negative question but How is Fletcher holding up ?
I ask this as he has moments, performs a role, seems solid but not dynamic… sure many of the reviewers on this site would have had a closer look at his efforts and use.
He's still worth his spot . It's only his second year and he's progressing fine except of recent times he's probably not getting the extent of onfield mentorship and support he needs due to the effort of those around him dropping off at times.

What is with zorko on the bench all of a sudden? I may have missed the game due to a wedding, but he has been one of our best performers in the last month. The only thing I saw him do that was literally Jack Ginnivan raising his shoulder was that free kick
Zorko's been right up there as one of our best this year and he tries his hardest.

Some people are nuts in their dislike for Zorko and it'll be the same till he gives it away.

Then he'll still get blamed for how we go after that.

He's still worth his spot . It's only his second year and he's progressing fine except of recent times he's probably not getting the extent of onfield mentorship and support he needs due to the effort of those around him dropping off at times.
Tbh he's not getting used properly. There was a great example of him getting a cheeky over the top handball to Dunkley and then bursting through the congestion to open space inside 50.

It was an easy handball but for what ever reason Dunkley ignored him and handballed backwards into traffic. Teammates maybe not recognizing just how good he is.

He only had 195m gained from 16 kicks. So 12m a kick. Didn't play his offensive role well which hurt us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we didn’t have the bye this week whether there would’ve been a stronger response on the selection table.
We really don't have the cattle to bring in that would make any difference given how we're going but I think as supporters we're entitled to throw the toys out of the cot if there isn't a selection statement made on a couple.

Seems like what always happens that things line up with a bye, so it gets used as an excuse as a one off and we get mulligans.
We've run out of mulligans this year.

A lot's changed. We've had injuries which Fagan keeps bringing up at every PC which ok it's true ,but not a particularly useful message ad infinitum.

Unless we start playing a lot better with what we have we'll end the year where we are.

We've run out of mulligans this year.

A lot's changed. We've had injuries which Fagan keeps bringing up at every PC which ok it's true ,but not a particularly useful message ad infinitum.

Unless we start playing a lot better with what we have we'll end the year where we are.
I re-listened to Fagan’s PC and what struck me was optimism or what I would refer as delusion that if everything’s ok and again citing Carlton and GWS last year as what we’ll likely do in the second half of the season and make this magic run to storm into the finals. I mean on what basis does he even hold that view as to what we’ve dished up this year? Coupled with our tough draw, I just cannot fathom how he believes that unless he’s just trying to convince himself.

I re-listened to Fagan’s PC and what struck me was optimism or what I would refer as delusion that if everything’s ok and again citing Carlton and GWS last year as what we’ll likely do in the second half of the season and make this magic run to storm into the finals. I mean on what basis does he even hold that view as to what we’ve dished up this year? Coupled with our tough draw, I just cannot fathom how he believes that unless he’s just trying to convince himself.
Do you want him to throw up his hands and say we are stuffed and just making up the numbers for the rest of the year? ( even if it may be true) I guess his message is to the players in the hope they may lift, rather than to supporters who are looking for him to self immolate.

Ps did you read Liegh Matthew’s comments on after match press conference?

Outs- Brandon Ryan(omitted), Cam Rayner(omitted), Bruce Reville(omitted).

Ins- Eric Hipwood, Shadeau Brain, Harry Sharp.

Sub- Bruce Reville.

Do you want him to throw up his hands and say we are stuffed and just making up the numbers for the rest of the year? ( even if it may be true) I guess his message is to the players in the hope they may lift, rather than to supporters who are looking for him to self immolate.

Ps did you read Liegh Matthew’s comments on after match press conference?
What’s wrong with criticising the team for starters or saying the coaches got it wrong. Hell the Manchester City manager that lost the FA Cup the other night said he took full responsibility for the loss and sighted why. Imagine that….

It isn't because I don't like him, I do but is he going to be part of our next premiership, not unless it is 2025? He can do a lot of good from sub and might even prolong him in to 2025. At his age the end can come VERY quickly. Making him sub might prolong it, it might not but it allows us to try Brain | Starc | Answerth for a few weeks to see what they've got as a group of smalls has got. If it doesn't work, go back to Zorko.

During Carlton’s terrible run last year there was basically no belief among Carlton supporters and other fans that they would turn it around like they did. All the talk was about them peaking the year before, about how Voss was playing nothing football with only bombs down the line and hoping Curnow would save them. Voss was just about the only one who stood tall and said they can turn it around.

I’m not saying we are going to do that, but the whole point is that there was little to suggest that either the Blues or Giants were going to go on the runs they did. The Giants sucked the year before as well and when we beat them by 20 at Manuka many people here were displeased to not beat a bottom six team by more.

I’m not sold Fagan is our best option as coach beyond this season and I certainly don’t think we are going to have a magical run right now but it’s his job to have that belief and to work to make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back