Game Day Round 13: Essendon v Hawthorn, 7:50pm AEST @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u were a new AFL coach coming in next year what number list would u rate hawthorns in terms of one to take over? can't see how we wouldn't be 18th for the medium term future. can maybe hang on and be competitive for another year or two.

Clarko needs to just throw away the game plan now for the last, play on at all costs and get it in as quick as possible, go down with some fire and fight at least, legs should still be fresh coming off the bye and half the side doesn't seem to have run much all night

I have just walked away from the game at about the 4 minute to go Isaac Smith gave his most piss weak effort in his career and undid everything he did in the first 7 minutes of the game, at I think the 3 minute and 41 seconds to go we had two ruckman in the goal square to spoil the ball... no we didn't they were too f'n stupid to be near the goal square and thus Essendon got a goal. If that happened at midget football the coach would have politely told their parents he's not going to play too much but we'll get him on the ground give him a kick. How two dumbasses who get 40 hours of coaching every day of their life could make that mistake with perhaps the greatest coach of the modern era... well I'm gonna ask you Clarko and Monkey who was giving BB advice less than a minute b4 on the bench, how the hell can we have the worst ruckmen in the league at the basics year on year. Look I know BB is batting out of his league given height deficiencies... but that was just so dumb, it's unexplainable.

Some things you can see the greater good but when Bellchambers is twice as good as both your ruckman combined... you've got an issue. Jon Ralph got it right in sliding doors today, and Bellchambers has given them a freeman all night. But then again Bruest and Gunston pulled out of the game tonight so that left us down 2 to begin with. (OK being facetious again) you can get beaten, but beaten by dumbness given the amount of training you get geez. Obviously McEvoy was completely unfit and it shows. Would have been better risking Birchall. Yes I know there is a quarter to go so technically someone will say I have egg on my face if we win, I will argue it doesn't change what we just produced in the third, it's just that we finally pulled our finger out of our arse.

Anyone know who’s our midfield coach?
Do we actually have one? Or are we just running around in there like u14s?
Our mids are getting it in there. We can’t score.

Last edited:
our skills have definitely gone backwards - the elite skill we were famous for have well and truly gone, we also lack pace big time.

Just way to many passengers on our list at the moment - but if we are not going to make finals and We would only be making up numbers may as well hit the draft and no trading

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop being a drama queen.. I said Clarko has been out coached, tell me how he hasn’t? 35-20 inside 50s first half and down on the score board, our ball movement is stagnant.

Our talent is thin, yes.. but we had enough footy to be in a good position and defensively Essendon structured up exceptionally well and we couldn’t score. Those are the facts, I am here, I am watching and it’s obvious. Move on
We've been s**t going inside 50 all year, our game plan and structures weren't the issue in the first half, our execution was

Can those suggesting Gunston get dropped get an auto thread ban? Would be in our top 5 B+F by a mile, kicked 6 a couple weeks back, AA contention for 3rd year in a row. Jesus.
And that in itself is a sad indictment on our below par team because he has not done anything this year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back