Round 13 Trades (the final multi bye round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did you bring in for Steele, CrozaN?

After lasts nights shitness and Scooters injury i thought stuff it, i aint gonna risk having Steele and Scooter on the bench for multiple weeks (could be the case for both, who knows?).

Felt like Steele has to go, im not gonna risk having 2 guys on the bench for extended periods, so decided on bringing in Wingard in the end. Your comment helped sway my decision and i did check out some of last weeks game highlights. It's a risk going with him, but if he can continue with high midfield minutes, can't see why he cant average 90+ from here on in. Gotta take some risks and with 12 trades left thought why the hell not.

Now watch me curse him :p

After lasts nights shitness and Scooters injury i thought stuff it, i aint gonna risk having Steele and Scooter on the bench for multiple weeks (could be the case for both, who knows?).

Felt like Steele has to go, im not gonna risk having 2 guys on the bench for extended periods, so decided on bringing in Wingard in the end. Your comment helped sway my decision and i did check out some of last weeks game highlights. It's a risk going with him, but if he can continue with high midfield minutes, can't see why he cant average 90+ from here on in. Gotta take some risks and with 12 trades left thought why the hell not.

2 scores over 100 doesnt really excite me there isnt much in the FWD line on offer thou..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Steele was listed as 'omitted' rather than 'rested' but it sucks that Sandringham have the bye this week, and we have no real indication as to how long he'll be out.

Edit: Actually, having said that, he's listed as an emergency for tonight, so you'd have to assume that he's not injured or overly sore.

Last edited:
I know Steele was listed as 'omitted' rather than 'rested' but it sucks that Sandringham have the bye this week, and we have no real indication as to how long he'll be out.

Edit: Actually, having said that, he's listed as an emergency for tonight, so you'd have to assume that he's not injured or overly sore.

He was dropped based on performance, but it baffles me cos how can he perform when he sits on the bench half the game?

Anyway yeh not gonna risk him sitting on the pine for multiple weeks, could be case of Libba 2.0 where he spends multiple weeks in the 2s before returning.

He was dropped based on performance, but it baffles me cos how can he perform when he sits on the bench half the game?

Anyway yeh not gonna risk him sitting on the pine for multiple weeks, could be case of Libba 2.0 where he spends multiple weeks in the 2s before returning.
I think with (Scott) Selwood now out for maybe a couple of weeks I'm leaning towards trading Steele. Whether it's for Heeney or Wingard is my next problem!

Riewoldt is also possible but very risky.

I think you have to keep Steele considering there is not many stand outs in the FWD line and Steele has only had 3 scores under 91 im gonna back him to get back into the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You Mutha *a

Am interested to see how others on this board see Montagna/Simpson/Roberton

The first two are older more experienced players and proven DT performers. However they may be rested or have their roles changed
Roberton has been the best of the lot this year, but has no DT pedigree up until now

Roberton just doing a Docherty of 2016

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberton just doing a Docherty of 2016
I think I will go with Roberton

Would have usually gone Montagna but a bit worried about his spot in the side, especially after the criticism he has received. Wouldn't be surprised if he was "rested" in the back end.
Kade Simpson seems to have changed his role up the ground a bit more this year, and Docherty/Marchbank seem to be getting more of those defensive +6's

Man... going around in circles about this
WHE for Bont or JPK
Sandi for Dusty or Beams (or Bont / JPK)
Steele for Dusty or Beams (or Bont / JPK)

I'd wait to pull the move until after the late changes notice come through tonight at like 620.

Bont hasn't been in good form lately, but his good mark and tackle numbers see him producing respectable scores still.

The other two are playing good footy still

I'd wait to pull the move until after the late changes notice come through tonight at like 620.

Bont hasn't been in good form lately, but his good mark and tackle numbers see him producing respectable scores still.

The other two are playing good footy still
Cheers mate. I guess I'm torn as to hold or trade Steele and Sandi... always a flip of a coin. Reluctant with trading Turner as he's playing this week.

Cheers mate. I guess I'm torn as to hold or trade Steele and Sandi... always a flip of a coin. Reluctant with trading Turner as he's playing this week.
Sandi has gotta go as far as I'm concerned, pointless holding now imo this far into the season with most other competitive teams having any 6 of Stef, Grundy, Nank, Sauce, Kreuzer or Ryder. I traded him for Tom Lynch (Ade) on the cheap the week he was out and swung Nank into the rucks for a week, then traded in Grundy the next week.

If you can get away with a Nank/Ryder in the rucks if they are forward then you should be ok for a little while.

Who's your other ruck?

Sandi has gotta go as far as I'm concerned, pointless holding now imo this far into the season with most other competitive teams having any 6 of Stef, Grundy, Nank, Sauce, Kreuzer or Ryder. I traded him for Tom Lynch (Ade) on the cheap the week he was out and swung Nank into the rucks for a week, then traded in Grundy the next week.

If you can get away with a Nank/Ryder in the rucks if they are forward then you should be ok for a little while.

Who's your other ruck?
Witts. Have Nank in forward atm

I like it personally. Given how Port Powder have been going he'll be back in the middle for sure.

If he dominates the Lions I might use my Barrett cash to bring him in for Parsons.

Witts. Have Nank in forward atm
Witts is going alright, but he won't be a top ruck.

Probably the last guy you upgrade as Stef, Kreuze and Grundy are miles ahead. If he had DPP then you'd keep him, alas he doesn't.

Yeah I'd DPP Nank into the ruck

Who are your other forwards? (Nank, Steele and WHE obviously being 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back