Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
Geelong Vs Western Bulldogs 19pts 0 crowd

Gold Coast Vs Port Adelaide 40pts 2K

North Melbourne Vs Brisbane 37pts 1,400

GWS Vs Carlton 15pts 3,300

Hawthorn Vs Essendon 29pts 4K

Geelong v Western Bulldogs, Kardinia Park, 24pts, 0k - a little surprised non-Melbourne people aren't allowed to attend
Gold Coast v Port Adelaide, Cararra, 32pts, 10k
North Melbourne v Brisbane, Bellerive, 29pts, 7k
Greater Western Sydney v Carlton, Showgrounds, 9k
Hawthorn v Essendon, York Park, 9pts, 16k - Local Dons fans only chance to see their team in the state

I’m glad Geelong told the afl to gagf. 4 points over $$$.
I'd assume Geelong would earn more money with no crowd at GMHBA than they would with 10k at Sydney. The costs of catering for a small crowd in Sydney would eat up whatever money they would make anyway.
At least at Geelong they would still earn decent money from the multitude of sponsors slapped over every nook and cranny at the ground. If the game was at the SCG half their sponsors wouldn't get a look in with AFL sponsors taking precedence, and as far as miscellaneous static signage around they ground they would be restricted to a small patch on the wing. At Geelong they have a massive canvas where they have money making logos all over the shop. The likes of Buxton, Riordans, SC Tech Group, Shojun, etc. never get a look in outside GMHBA Stadium.

I'd assume Geelong would earn more money with no crowd at GMHBA than they would with 10k at Sydney. The costs of catering for a small crowd in Sydney would eat up whatever money they would make anyway.
I suspect that is correct. Geelong get a clean-skin stadium don't they? 100% of signage rights and a (practically) zero cost ground is why they make about as much getting 30k at Kardinia as 65k at the MCG.

Geelong v Western Bulldogs, Kardinia Park, 24pts, 0k - a little surprised non-Melbourne people aren't allowed to attend

Nothing should surprise when it comes to the directives of the Victorian "government".

Perhaps the "government" didn't actually decide that people couldn't attend - it was just a "series of creeping assumptions" that led to that outcome.

Wont be surprised if a reduced crowd is eventually allowed at the Geelong game this Friday. See how that develops over the week. No issue with Geelong not wanting to move it either. They went through hell for last week's game and probably just want their players experiencing a week of normal life (as much as possible) to best prepare for Friday night. Bulldogs probably happy they dont need to travel interstate as well

Ripper weekend for crowds. The only sides that have a true home game for fans to attend are GC & GWS.... oh the irony.
Can’t believe Geelong isn’t allowed a crowd, what rot!

They could have but chose not to. Club has utter contempt for the fans.

They could have but chose not to. Club has utter contempt for the fans.
As a member, I’m glad Geelong chose the best chance of the 4 points over 2-3k fans at another ground. It’s not just the ground but the fact they can have a somewhat normal routine in the days leading up to the match. No 5am flight, spending 5 hours on a cricket pitch or whatever they did last week.

As a member, I’m glad Geelong chose the best chance of the 4 points over 2-3k fans at another ground. It’s not just the ground but the fact they can have a somewhat normal routine in the days leading up to the match. No 5am flight, spending 5 hours on a cricket pitch or whatever they did last week.

If the game was in Tassie, none of that would be happening and fans would be attending. If they consider themselves good enough, they should be able to win anywhere, no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the game was in Tassie, none of that would be happening and fans would be attending. If they consider themselves good enough, they should be able to win anywhere, no?
Again it would be what 2-3k fans. How many did north get over the weekend. They have been semi based there for 10? Years now. It’s not about boosting their ego by we can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. It’s about optimizing the chance of getting 4 points. Geelong normally don’t get the better sides down Geelong let alone the better Victorian sides. This year they are fixtured to play the other 3 current top 4 teams. 1-0 so far. Why throw that away.

Geelong Vs Western Bulldogs 19pts 0 crowd

Gold Coast Vs Port Adelaide 40pts 2K

North Melbourne Vs Brisbane 37pts 1,400

GWS Vs Carlton 15pts 3,300

Hawthorn Vs Essendon 29pts 4K

They will get a lot more than 4K to Hawks and Bombers.

I suspect that is correct. Geelong get a clean-skin stadium don't they? 100% of signage rights and a (practically) zero cost ground is why they make about as much getting 30k at Kardinia as 65k at the MCG.
KP games are $1m+

Can never reach that at Marvel, pretty sure you need closer to 80k at the MCG to reach that.

Geelong v Western B 0 crowd
Gold Coast v Port Power
North Melb v Brisbane Lions

GWS Giants
v Carlton
Hawthorn v Esso - Draw

Last edited:
dogs over the cats 1 point (no crowds could suit the dogs and the dogs are due for win over the cats)
suns over power 12 points (suns i thought were looking good over in freo and are looking ok port arent up to it)
lions over the roos 17 points (the lions train goes on)
giants over the blues 19 points (gws are firming up and the blues are wilting away)
bombers over the hawks 18 points (interesting but bombers will be too good for the hawks at the end close game until the last quarter)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back