Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
who to get out of:

572k Yeo (ave 106)
513k Franklin (ave 95)
503k Riewoldt,N (ave 97)
520k Heeney (ave 98)

is Elliott Yeo really worth paying extra for ? (he's currently the 14th "most bought player")

I would get Heeney first

I would be amazed if Ryan didn't play this week. He was very impressive in his last game.

I know but this is Ross Lyon we're talking about here who insists on playing spuds like Sheridan!

Scharenberg was pretty good for Collingwood, Newman earlier in the year ;)

Crazy coaches

To be fair Shaz had quite a few turnovers v Melb

I was fearing he might go

I've gotta commend you on that response, Slippers. Too many times on bigfooty people go bananas when an opposition supporter says something as cheeky as that.

Just goes to show how mature the dt community is when it comes to footy :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yeah i know its just a laugh... and in all seriousness im not disappointed with the tiges this year considering i did not think they would be playing anywhere near they are this year which is why i don't understand the melts on our board...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No backline cover with pezza and shazza out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will keep an eye on how Witherden handles senior footy
Might be that back rookie I've been looking for to downgrade Stewart, and do my final rookie upgrade

Was talked about in pre season if I recall (alongside Berry). Lions seem to be playing the kids a lot recently, obviously going for a priority pick
Yeah, I'm kind of thinking he could be a downgrade option as extra DEF/MID coverage, only thing is I'll lose my FWD/MID DPP if I do go that way unless I trade Cousins also.

But if he averages above 60 then he could worth the risk.

Yeah I feel like it's the best move. Depth to cover 1-2 week injuries or "rests" will come in handy later on in the season.

I do give my team a chance this year. It's unique enough to make significant ground on any given week but that also works the other way. Billings and Wingard are important as forward line choices have been so limited this year. When either one of them does well it goes a long way towards me having a good round. The other one is having Kreuzer.

My issue is only having one of the 3 pigs (Titch). Scooter will probably become Rockliff. My original plan was Newman to Lloyd then later on Barrett to rookie, Scooter to Rocky and then Heppell/Gaff to Zerrett. Still leaving me with 5 trades but no depth apart from rookies (Scharenberg, Ainsworth, Greenwood). Newman has now done enough though so I until he drops off or there is a role change he will stay in my team.
In the form Rocky is in who knows if he'll strengthen our teams

If he scores over 100 (say 120-140) and tackles galore then he'll be back on track, if he plays forward still and is lacking in the tackle department then dunno if he'll help us in the short-medium term.

So yeah, if he looks on track I grab him next week/week after, if not then I go Shuey/Ross/Ebert etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After last night, I dunno if I want to dump Greenwood at about R17 to fund my last upgrade.

He looked Adelaide's most competent inside mid plus he tackles, marks and kicks goals. Sure he had the two stinkers previously, but imo that type of game will only see him get more midfield time so hopefully his floor improves and the 90-120 scores are a regular occurrence, he could end up a decent F6-7.

What's everyone's thoughts about Dahlhaus? Currently in s**t form like the team, handballs all the ******* time, doesn't want to mark the thing anymore and has basically the same 3 and 5 game average of 79, that is not a hallmark of a top forward and imo quite a few will go past him in the last ten weeks. Macrae hasn't been great the last 4 weeks but he at least has tonned up once, got 2 80s and a 76, a little down but not horrible and I'll back him in to improve as the year wears on. Dahl on the otherhand in his last 5 has 2 90s, 2 70s and a 66, he was averaging 102 before that run and I dunno if he can get his fantasy mojo back, sure he wins his own footy, but it translates to SC scoring moreso than DT.

If I keep Greenwood and back him in with Nank as F6-7 then Dahl becomes my most expendable player, so I'd look to upgrade him right now to a Zerrett/Zorko and try and get 30-40ppg extra from them pigs that way, plus I'll be able to complete my side 2 weeks earlier doing say

Dahlhaus-Stewart to Zerrett-Brown

Next week

Barrett-Ainsworth to 1 of Shuey/Ross/Ebert + a Beech or something

Risky, but my midfield sucks........

Anyways, if I keep to my strategy of just upgrading rookies then I likely easily get 2 110 mids now seeing Greenwood's 122 should push him towards 400k by the end of R16, but that will take until R17 to do as the cows need to moo, whereas the Dahlhaus upgrade idea only makes it two weeks to complete team (just need Greenwood to keep performing like what Newman is doing at the other end).

After last night, I dunno if I want to dump Greenwood at about R17 to fund my last upgrade.

He looked Adelaide's most competent inside mid plus he tackles, marks and kicks goals. Sure he had the two stinkers previously, but imo that type of game will only see him get more midfield time so hopefully his floor improves and the 90-120 scores are a regular occurrence, he could end up a decent F6-7.

What's everyone's thoughts about Dahlhaus? Currently in s**t form like the team, handballs all the ******* time, doesn't want to mark the thing anymore and has basically the same 3 and 5 game average of 79, that is not a hallmark of a top forward and imo quite a few will go past him in the last ten weeks. Macrae hasn't been great the last 4 weeks but he at least has tonned up once, got 2 80s and a 76, a little down but not horrible and I'll back him in to improve as the year wears on. Dahl on the otherhand in his last 5 has 2 90s, 2 70s and a 66, he was averaging 102 before that run and I dunno if he can get his fantasy mojo back, sure he wins his own footy, but it translates to SC scoring moreso than DT.

If I keep Greenwood and back him in with Nank as F6-7 then Dahl becomes my most expendable player, so I'd look to upgrade him right now to a Zerrett/Zorko and try and get 30-40ppg extra from them pigs that way, plus I'll be able to complete my side 2 weeks earlier doing say

Dahlhaus-Stewart to Zerrett-Brown

Next week

Barrett-Ainsworth to 1 of Shuey/Ross/Ebert + a Beech or something

Risky, but my midfield sucks........

Anyways, if I keep to my strategy of just upgrading rookies then I likely easily get 2 110 mids now seeing Greenwood's 122 should push him towards 400k by the end of R16, but that will take until R17 to do as the cows need to moo, whereas the Dahlhaus upgrade idea only makes it two weeks to complete team (just need Greenwood to keep performing like what Newman is doing at the other end).
Ah **** it, I did it :$:$:$

No point dwelling over it for the rest of the day or the upcoming week, on current form Dahlhaus is basically giving the same output as Greenwood just Greenwood has the higher ceiling and lower floor, both are popular players too, so I don't think I lose out on much if I'm bringing in the 2nd best mid in return.

Finally got Zerrett........but not the way I wanted to grab him :(

Apologies to Zerrett owners for the incoming 75 tonight, I've copped the Crozan curse as of late for a majority of trade ins lately :$:$:$

Hopefully no injuries this week and next week Barrett and Ainsworth get upgraded to best available (Shuey/Ross/Ebert probably, maybe even Rocky if he falls enough).

Dahlhaus owners you're welcome for the 120+ he'll get tomorrow :p the DT gods weren't happy with me and Slippers moving Crouch on last week, no doubt they'll feel even more outraged now about this move ;)

My trades are done too.

Stewart ----> Mountford via Adams (can't believe im bringing him back in lol!)
Barret -----> Shuey

Team is basically done, especially if Greenwood keeps producing games like last night, ill keep him at F6 and use him to swing between fwds/mids.

9 trades left, will use for injuries/suspensions or some luxury trades if need be, such as: Nank to Gawn and maybe Scooter to Rocky etc.

For a couple of weeks my plan for R14 has been Stewart -> Ryan and Marchbank -> Adams. On average that's an almost 40-point on field upgrade. Great!

The fact that Stewart still has a reasonable amount of money to make is annoying but not a big deal, since I don't have much more upgrading to do.

My only concern is that Ryan's JS could be a little shaky, especially compared to Stewart. My D8 is McInnes, so if I bring Ryan in and he then drops back to the WAFL, I'm left with zero cover in defence.

99% sure I'll end up going through with what I'd planned, I just need a little push. :p

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 09.54.53.png

2017 - Round 14.jpg

Hey all, my team is as above. The first trade was Hampton > Lloyd (finally!).

Just stuck on my second trade. With Myers out and 50/50 whether Scott Selwood plays not sure about my next trade. Was looking at the following:

1. Myers > Stef (via Dahl/Nank DPP). This allows me to bench Nank and get Greenwoods 122 (via fielding Cameron). I can have Dahl/Scooter on the field and Barret as my emergency in the event Scooter doesnt play. Just unsure about Stef.
2. Do nothing.

If I don't trade, I'm pretty certain I'll lose my cash league game. But I might be dooming rest of the year with having Stef. On the other hand, everyone in my league already has Stef and I would be getting him at a reduced price whereas my opponents have paid the premium to get him in. Next week I'll plan to to Barret > Roberton to complete my backline.

Can anyone comment on the trades and/or provide alternative suggestions? Really scratching my head here.

For a couple of weeks my plan for R14 has been Stewart -> Ryan and Marchbank -> Adams. On average that's an almost 40-point on field upgrade. Great!

The fact that Stewart still has a reasonable amount of money to make is annoying but not a big deal, since I don't have much more upgrading to do.

My only concern is that Ryan's JS could be a little shaky, especially compared to Stewart. My D8 is McInnes, so if I bring Ryan in and he then drops back to the WAFL, I'm left with zero cover in defence.

99% sure I'll end up going through with what I'd planned, I just need a little push. :p

View attachment 384645

You have a serious amount of cash on the bench. I'd be far happy if it was me, if Marchbank was Adams or Barrett was Zerrett.

“We don’t want to get caught up in win-losses, we want to focus on education and development and progressing the list,” Lyon said.

“We feel we did that (list progression) against Brisbane and we’ll do that again this week and we’ll continue in that vein.

“The bigger picture for us is not (about) fatigue and the break. It really is about the path we’re on, that we’re all committed to from the president, CEO and myself.

“We aim to win every week but what is really important is that development and learning."

I think he should hold his position for the rest of the year if he maintains his form and fitness.

Relate to Lyon's words, Deluca is one to keep an eye on. Elevated off the rookie list and on to this weeks extended bench. Averaging 109 in his 3 weeks of WAFL back from injury. Is also a M/F

What's everyone's thoughts about Dahlhaus?
Way down on expected form, and will probably lose another $15k this week. Might solve my conundrum though, swap Dahl this week and downgrade Parsons next week for a potential gain of $30k over doing it differently. Downside is I can no longer get Lynch this week.

Apologies to Zerrett owners for the incoming 75 tonight
Righto, think I'll switch the C to Danger then...

Myers > Stef (via Dahl/Nank DPP). This allows me to bench Nank and get Greenwoods 122 (via fielding Cameron). I can have Dahl/Scooter on the field and Barret as my emergency in the event Scooter doesnt play. Just unsure about Stef.
I'd be unsure too. 2 of 3 weeks playing with Archie Stef has turned in sub-70 scores. In those same 3 weeks Barrett's outscored him.

Would you consider Myers -> Premo D via Hibberd? Stewart's ceiling is 80 it seems. You could grab one of the St Kilda boys or 2E and have one less rookie on the field. The other advantage is if Stef hits his average his price won't change much, it gives you another week to suss out if the Archie thing is real.

Numbers wise for the week you're looking at 122 + Stef + Stewart vs Nank + Barrett + Roberton (with no cover for late outs). It's risky but I reckon the latter combo will outscore the former.

If you do make the Stef trade don't be a nong and (E) Parsons as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back