Game Day Round 15 Discussion - MND Challenge Round - Play On

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
footywire for stats and bigfooty sc forum for "the vibe" is all you need JD! :D
I wish I could, as that would have saved me from a lot of self-inflicted pain of following my team :poo:
But, I'm invested and enjoy watching the footy. More so, this year than last year.
And maybe next year my team will be competitive too - unfortunately, my kids roll their eyes at this sentiment now :eek:

Smith's been good but his ceiling is still pretty low.

I would do Hepp > Danger this week if I were you.

Nah not trading Heppell I do have enough to go Impey>Danger

Well, my lofty rank comes down to the effort I put into my preseason research and in-season trades quite frankly mate.

I've got a saying, "That you can't often start with a 10-15k team from the beginning of the game, but you can certainly trade your way up to one."

Let's have a look at some of my trades this season alongside my Weekly Ranking ...

View attachment 1166386
View attachment 1166387View attachment 1166388View attachment 1166389

As you can see, I started the season far too well, with my team having its highest score for the year of 2,375 in Round 2! Talk about concerning!

Something serious had to be done so I made a correction trade to bring Tom Phillips in to address this and from there my team started to trend toward the teens :thumbsu:

Add to this you can see my moves of trading out Kosi 100k early, plus Neale in, then straight out injured also burned cash plus trades that may be used accidentally to improve my ranking had I made the wrong manoeuvre.

Andrew Gaff, bless him, helped steady the ship, with me bringing him in Round 9 for 530k and trading him out this week @ 450k, having a fine 5 Round Average of 77.8. Talk about understanding your role. He knew he'd anchor the side from a solid overall position of mid 5k out to 11k in only 2 weeks!

To top things off, I had a feeling that Neale was about to do his shoulder again after him pumping out 160 the week before that I luckily missed only to bring him in for 100 and another injury. I'm that ******* good at this.

So, long story short, a mix of mid priced failures from the beginning, like Tom Green & ******* James Harmes, plus the correct woeful mid season trades can (and basically will) assure a 10k plus finish each and every season as consistently as you can be sure the sun will rise tomorrow.

If you'd like to be like me mate then I'm happy to freely give sh*t advice to you and anyone else dumb as fu** enough to listen :thumbsu:
This is inspiring and I might do the same, at some time later :D

I don't need your advice - I'm just as good at being s**t :p

Last edited:
Well, my lofty rank comes down to the effort I put into my preseason research and in-season trades quite frankly mate.

I've got a saying, "That you can't often start with a 10-15k team from the beginning of the game, but you can certainly trade your way up to one."

Let's have a look at some of my trades this season alongside my Weekly Ranking ...

View attachment 1166386
View attachment 1166387View attachment 1166388View attachment 1166389

As you can see, I started the season far too well, with my team having its highest score for the year of 2,375 in Round 2! Talk about concerning!

Something serious had to be done so I made a correction trade to bring Tom Phillips in to address this and from there my team started to trend toward the teens :thumbsu:

Add to this you can see my moves of trading out Kosi 100k early, plus Neale in, then straight out injured also burned cash plus trades that may be used accidentally to improve my ranking had I made the wrong manoeuvre.

Andrew Gaff, bless him, helped steady the ship, with me bringing him in Round 9 for 530k and trading him out this week @ 450k, having a fine 5 Round Average of 77.8. Talk about understanding your role. He knew he'd anchor the side from a solid overall position of mid 5k out to 11k in only 2 weeks!

To top things off, I had a feeling that Neale was about to do his shoulder again after him pumping out 160 the week before that I luckily missed only to bring him in for 100 and another injury. I'm that ******* good at this.

So, long story short, a mix of mid priced failures from the beginning, like Tom Green & ******* James Harmes, plus the correct woeful mid season trades can (and basically will) assure a 10k plus finish each and every season as consistently as you can be sure the sun will rise tomorrow.

If you'd like to be like me mate then I'm happy to freely give sh*t advice to you and anyone else dumb as fu** enough to listen :thumbsu:
tenor (2) (1).gif

Did you have the two Dog mids or one and Zorko?
If you didn’t have them and had Stewart, Bolton or crazily even Lloyd this week, that’s kind of all it took, think Botn/ Zorko ownership at the top is fairly high.
If Bont and Zorko keep outperforming their already sky-high prices, others will not be making inroads, I guess.
Evening.
No Zorko
I now really hate that prick.
Had Bont and Macrae but capt'n the wrong one. Had a number of the same shitty primadonna's that killed others as well.

I go up a few hundred slots then back a few hundred. I can generate more POD's but there always seems one or two massive scores i miss out on when i drop back....and it makes the difference.
I;m just a bit out of form i reckon. Might hit the park for some kick to kick, get a new woman and change the beer i'm drinking.

Last edited:
I checked the SC scores late in the 2nd 1/4 and Cripps had only 1 CP at that time while Brissy reject Ben Keays had a game high 13 CPs says it all really. If he's not winning/dominating the contested ball he just can't score well enough. His best has been too few and far between this year. The goal in the clip was good but he doesn't do that enough.

Ran too far.
Should have been a free against… just saying 😉

Evening.
No Zorko
I now really hate that prick.
Had Bont and Macrae but capt'n the wrong one. Had a number of the same shitty primadonna's that killed others as well.

I go up a few hundred slots then back a few hundred. I can generate more POD's but there always seems one or two massive scores i miss out on when i drop back....and it makes the difference.
I;m just a bit out of form i reckon. Might hit the park for some kick to kick, get a new woman and change the beer i'm drinking.
Haha, no Bont, no Macca, no Zorko the Magnificent here, either.
Pushing up into these sorts of areas on the futility front tbh
ozillhv7t3q11.gif

Haha, no Bont, no Macca, no Zorko the Magnificent here, either.
Pushing up into these sorts of areas on the futility front tbh
View attachment 1166677
Bugga. Yeah those 3 were the entire round.
Its that time of the season isnt it. Sometimes we get half serious and make a half arsed attempt at a good finish, and others we just have some fun with the trades left and put up the feet.
A good round next week though will make up for it. It'll happen for you.
Zorko tagged and suspended for 41 :thumbsu:

Hack_Watts I will accept my apology now. I counted 6 and I was not wrong you gaslighting campaigner
I never said he didn't bounce the ball six times. I said he ran 40 odd metres without bouncing. Live it seemed like he ran a very long way after that last bounce. I need a replay and if im wrong I'm happy to put my hand up and eat a slice of humble pie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was having a look through the HoF the other day

It was very noticeable that it is not easy to continually finish in the Top 1000 year after year - I don't recall how many teams had done it over the last 3 years but it was a lot less than I thought it would be.

just had another look Andrew Birch

only 14 teams in the top 1000 this year finished in the top 1000 in the previous 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back