Preview Round 15 - Melbourne Demons v Brisbane Lions - Thursday 23rd June 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealous.
I have still never been to the MCG.😕

My wife and I went to a game at the MCG back in 2011 while we down in Melbourne and were seated (inadvertently) about 10m from the edge of the Richmond cheer squad. My wife ended up hoping the Tigers would win (they did) as she wasn't sure we would get out alive if they lost. Didn't help that she doesn't like football of course!!!

I just posted on the Melbourne board (Changes Thread) that Ryan Lester is a “lock” to replace the injured Darcy Gardiner. I think we are winning the mind games. They will be petrified. This one post could break their confidence. Camel’s back and all.

I just posted on the Melbourne board (Changes Thread) that Ryan Lester is a “lock” to replace the injured Darcy Gardiner. I think we are winning the mind games. They will be petrified. This one post could break their confidence. Camel’s back and all.
On the other hand they will be so relieved when he is not named.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh back at the G for a game after what seems like years with COVID lockdowns etc. Nervous but really looking forward to the game. Is also Melbourne‘s Breast Cancer Charity game.

Open training at the G at 2pm Wednesday so hope to get to that. Fitzroy/Brisbane historical society has its first open day in three years on Sunday from 11-1pm so will be going to that as well. Cannot wait!

First time for me was the best time.

2003 GF

Just about the best day of my life.
For me it was 2001.

I'd been waiting since I was a toddler with my Fitzroy beanie in 1962.

And we thrashed supposedly the best team of all time. The next day at Brunswick Street was truly memorable.

I don't think we're too far away again. From here it's the ability to get the 2 home finals and luck with injuries. We don't have the array of stars we had in hindsight in 2001 but we're more even and more disciplined imo. Which you need to be the way the game has changed.

For me it was 2001.

I'd been waiting since I was a toddler with my Fitzroy beanie in 1962.

And we thrashed supposedly the best team of all time. The next day at Brunswick Street was truly memorable.

I don't think we're too far away again. From here it's the ability to get the 2 home finals and luck with injuries. We don't have the array of stars we had in hindsight in 2001 but we're more even and more disciplined imo. Which you need to be the way the game has changed.
Omg my head hurt that Sunday at BSO....but a good hurt.

View attachment 1428920
I’m tipping some of this.

That would be a nice percentage booster!

And as an added bonus the footy shows would be able to devote a great deal of time to what happened to the Demons when they played whoever it was they played but jeez they were brave...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back