Preview Round 15 - Melbourne Demons v Brisbane Lions - Thursday 23rd June 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've obviously gone into this game trying to inject more pace into the lineup.

Which in fairness we need to do with Zorko and Bailey out.

I'm just finding it a little hard to see how we line up with the changes we've made . Except for the back half. I'd love to get McCluggage mainly on the wing in this game . Robbo's selection genuinely has me puzzled.

Ah Chee can play anyweher buy tall so you can make the case he is like for like for either Zorko or Bailey depending on where he plays. As for conceding - i think we are probably partly due to to know wanting to show to much hand but playing Terry and then a deutant on the MCG when you have so many more experienced players that wont be overawed playing on the big stage. I dont recall many recent debutatnts for the Lions in recent years that really did anything on debut and we do it against Melbourne. I'm pleased for James, but not tomorrow night in a big game- perhaps i still recall Kai who did nothing in his first game or even Jack Watts in his first game against Collingwood many years ago.
I don’t believe Ah Chee can play inside mid. He can play wing, back and forward flank, and small forward.

He can’t play mid forward, which Zorko has been playing recently.

But yes, I would have had Ah Chee in for Bailey.

However I don’t believe we have any experienced mids still in the twos that can play against Melbourne’s midfield.

Mathieson is to similar to Lyons, to play two slow inside mids against a defence and midfield that likes to run.

At least all of Robertson, TBerry and Tunstill can run both ways at speed. They’re all faster than JBerry, McCluggage, Neale and Lyons. And Tunstill is a better ball user than Mathieson and Robinson as well.

It will be interesting to see how many of the younger players we rotate through the midfield. First time I can remember us playing 8 genuine midfielders.

I wonder if TBerry plays a negating role on Brayshaw. JBerry would be the big body to play on Oliver.

He seems on the outer after being a really good player for most of the year. Don't see that Robbo last week was anything but a step backwards from what he was delivering.

Likewise Noah has been fairly ordinary for a few weeks but I can see why we would persist with Noah.

We've had plenty of time to experiment. This game seems like a funny time.

It does seem like we're tinkering on the go and playing the long game

We've obviously gone into this game trying to inject more pace into the lineup.

Which in fairness we need to do with Zorko and Bailey out.

I'm just finding it a little hard to see how we line up with the changes we've made . Except for the back half. I'd love to get McCluggage mainly on the wing in this game . Robbo's selection genuinely has me puzzled.
Robbo to scare Langdon on the wing. It’s the one look Langdon hasn’t had thrown at him, some one who will run through him. He’ll hear boots and panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back