Unofficial Preview Round 19 vs Bulldogs (Ballarat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I swear we only played the Western Bulldogs five minutes ago, yet here we are again playing them again. How does an AFL fixture even work lol?

The Dogs are expected to welcome back Marcus Bontempeli, and if he does get up, the Dogs will have had 3 captains (captains as in tossing the coin) playing their 100th game in 3 consecutive weeks. Definitely don’t see that often.

Also, if Jack Hombsch retains his spot in the team, he’ll break the record for the player that has played at the most VFL/AFL venues with 20.

Meanwhile, enjoy highlights of our last visit to Ballarat

In 2018 does Houston get a free for that first quarter tackle?

Am packing the thermals for my trip to Ballarat. May need to pack skis.

The AFL fixture in recent seasons really has gone up s**t Creek.

We had for a while generally a home and away game each fortnight, and these double ups weren't near one another.

I think our China trip is half the problem, and GC Commonwealth games compounded it.

The AFL fixture in recent seasons really has gone up s**t Creek .....
More problematic now Gold Coast and GWS are in, many of us are just starting to pick on aspects now. By the time we play every other club (in whatever order) there are 5 opportunities to play any of the other clubs twice. Or 4 options once the away Showdown is factored in.

Really hope that this means Frampton's debuting

37822422_1801046696677527_4512377187608821760_n.jpg

Well done to the AFL IT department for fixturing* a game of footy at the end of July in Ballarat:drunk:

View attachment 532401
Lucky it wasn't today. Not sure how many ml's we received, but it absolutely bucketed down here (I was actually working at the Mars chocolate factory today) at about 3:00pm. Don't reckon I've seen it that heavy for a while.

The Bulldogs are extremely undermanned at the moment. But then again, so were Freo.

Stating the obvious but we simply cannot afford to drop this game. It's going to be tough, it's going to be a shitty day, but the attitude needs to be that we have more to play for than this mob and we'll be harder for longer and get it done.

Well done to the AFL IT department for fixturing* a game of footy at the end of July in Ballarat:drunk:

View attachment 532401

Just like playing the Giants at AO in the Sunday twighlight slot when school returns from holidays the next day.
Just like playing the Dogs at home on a Thursday night when school is on the next day.

Gillon is not here for the fans as he claims to be

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question...

I know its going to sound smartarse when I am just a couch coach....

But seriously why has it taken so long to get to this point?
Listening to Chad Cornes, he said something along the lines of.... Billy wasn’t ready earlier in season but has continued to work hard, played very well last week and has earned a spot if he can get in now.
I am most impressed with Billy that he kept at it rather than giving up after the public comments by Ken that he was underperforming in the SANFL.

Also, if Jack Hombsch retains his spot in the team, he’ll break the record for the player that has played at the most VFL/AFL venues with 20.

Actually laughing.

That's as implausible as it is fantastic.

Well if they dont come out breathing fire given some deserving and some undeserving media analysis..... plus with 2 losses on the trot.... plus playing an underarmed WBD.... plus still being in top 4 race....then we know there are some serious systemic issues that continue from last 3 years. Hope to see a brutal response.

Actually laughing.

That's as implausible as it is fantastic.

For context, Boomer 'Brent' Harvey only played at 17 different venues in his record 432 games.

You_Doodle+_2018-07-24T23_44_26Z.jpg

Get your ass to Mars, Jack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back