Round 20... I'm literally salivating...

Remove this Banner Ad

100% agree Danno (how many times has anyone said that to you mate?)

Dees have been very dangerous all year. 9 times outta ten we'd win by around 3-4 goals (no more). 1 outta ten - look out.

That said, even if we lost first up I cannot see anyone beating us subsequently - particularly Carlton - Melbourne would be very unlikely to do it twice and North just don't seem to have had much luck getting it all together this year (what with suspensions to Archer, Martyn - Stevens incident - Colbert Hammies - picking up Calthorpe). (1929 all over again)

Dutch

PS. Nice, is it not, to see Neale Daniher have the sort of success off the field that he was so cruelly denied on? (should have been a double-flag captain failing those fateful knees)

Yeah, it's great to see Neale having some luck.

If we did lose to a team, Melbourne would be my preferred team. Of course it would be shattering to lose any match after having come this far, but losing to the Dees is better than losing to North, or Carlton etc

But yeah, it looks like 1929 all over again. An undefeated H&A followed by a first up finals loss, followed by an eventual GF win.

Melbourne is definately the most likely team to beat us. We beat them by 13 points in Round 9 and they were without Farmer !

They always win first up......usually easily too.

I seriously think it would be a 50/50 match with the "let-down" factor.

Perhaps that is understating our talent, but Melbourne scare the f*cking s**t out of me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back