Game Day Round 21 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge return game against the All-Ducks. We looked very good last week so hopefully carry that through tonight against an arsey opponent. They're down a couple of big players, but still have Kingsley reincarnate up forward.
BBB for Weid the only change from last week. From the emergencies maybe Harmes to sub?
Also the game will be fundraising for Reach. If you'd like to chip in go here: Please Donate to The Reach Foundation
Team:
AFL_Team-Selection_1080x1350 (5).jpeg

Time to learn if we are actually back or last week was a one off. Geez I’m excited to go to this.
They are building it up for a massive crowd so should be a great night out. On paper Melbourne should win this and win it well. Really want the Dees to finish in the top 2 at the end of the year.

Can not wait, this work day is going to drag.... we owe them, hopefully we can bring the same intensity as last week. Hopefully Mason Cox doesn't look like Wayne Carey again tonight

Can not wait, this work day is going to drag.... we owe them, hopefully we can bring the same intensity as last week. Hopefully Mason Cox doesn't look like Wayne Carey again tonight
I'm happy for him to look like Wayne Carey tonight as long as it's in vain, and they lose.

We were pretty stuffed for talls last time against them though.

So much tonight comes down to our pressure around the ball. Bring that and we can really monster them, if we don’t we will really struggle to deal with their bell movement.
I heard Pendlebury has a basketbell background

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they move the ball quickly and continue to change angles like Geelong did we are in for a world of pain. Need to holt that movement and cause turnover and beat them on the counter. Wining the clearance battle will be huge. Would love Langdon to kick the sealer ala Jack Watts and give the cheer squad the finger over the lips shhhh haha I can dream

1659655287884.png

They've conceded nearly 300 points more than us this year, and have conceded the second most of any team in the 8, but watch out for that number one ranked defence

If they move the ball quickly and continue to change angles like Geelong did we are in for a world of pain. Need to holt that movement and cause turnover and beat them on the counter. Wining the clearance battle will be huge. Would love Langdon to kick the sealer ala Jack Watts and give the cheer squad the finger over the lips shhhh haha I can dream

If we get our defensive running right like we did last week, we block the angle kick by keeping the corridor clogged. The only way they get through that is to go really fast - which increases the risk and leads to high turnover - which is where most of our scores come from.

If we're moving properly - we'll close them down. They don't score heavily anyway.

So interesting...

View attachment 1466414
They've conceded nearly 300 points more than us this year, but watch out for that number one ranked defence
Their caveat is since round 9.

And it's not actually true - they're 2nd - Geelong are the number 1 defense in that time - conceeding 75 pts less than Collingwood (so quite a lot).

We're 6th only 22 points behind but having lost 5 games - where they have won all 10.

And it's not actually true - they're 2nd - Geelong are the number 1 defense in that time - conceeding 75 pts less than Collingwood (so quite a lot).

We're 6th only 22 points behind but having lost 5 games - where they have won all 10.
I liked the first version by Scythe better than yours, throat

Ah, selective stats. Well then, we're the only team in AFL history to have won a premiership in the last 649 days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back