Game Day Round 22 - Crows v Collingwood - Sauce all over Pies

Winning Margin and Ruck Contest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can play ‘our way’ for 4 quarters we can win. If Collingwood run and gun through the midfield like Essendon were able to do to us and like the Bulldogs will do next week we’re gonna be in trouble.

On paper we should be winning this. Guys like Pendles and Sidebottom are playing injured and Mihocek is their only in form forward. As we saw last night, even the best ruck in the game can't stop a landslide.

But the game isn't played on paper and we have been AWFUL at home almost all season.

Essendon wont win another. Port will lose today but win next week, We win this week but lose next week. Then we have

View attachment 728369

You’re assuming the Dogs will lose to GWS. On current form I would suggest the dogs are a huge show there, which would move them a win above us if the rest of your scenario plays out.

Also, Essendon could easily nab a win in either of their last two. They’re playing 2 horrendously inconsistent teams and are likely to actually show up for one of the games. Still very much a possibility that the bombers finish on 12 wins.

If we can play ‘our way’ for 4 quarters we can win. If Collingwood run and gun through the midfield like Essendon were able to do to us and like the Bulldogs will do next week we’re gonna be in trouble.

That’ll be the plan. Deploy a couple extra around the contest and behind it. Lose the contest but force the indiscriminate hack forward to their extra numbers and then run hard and handball/chip between the arcs culminating in a pressureless entry to an open forward line. Win the contest and spread hard resulting in the same entry. I expect we’ll have trouble gaining possession outside of stoppages. 2 rucks will be a bust.

We tend to s**t the bed against good teams, even at home this year. The only win against a good team i recall has been GWS but they rarely win here, and we knocked off a depleted Richmond. I may change my tip to Pies and be surprised otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautiful day at the ground.

Hopefully here today to witness the end of significant numbers of this welded on group of players that have been letting us down since R1 2016.

I won’t miss them

Farewell and congrats on 200 games Sauce.

Given I dont like the way we are.playing two pure Rucks really can't see us winning.

At least the weather is good. Good day for a few beers I guess.

Even if they are served in plastic cups.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The irony is that we kind of need someone like a Burton who can do a flying pack mark. We’re missing the unpredictable what McGovern and Cameron can provide.
At least when he was playing he only frustrated us 50% of the time...

Back