Review Round 23, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think your comments on this say more about you than it does anyone else
No one even knows what happen and you all want to have him suspended and stripped of captaincy. How about you wait and see what comes out. He apologised to him in the field after the game.
It ends there.

Its pretty damning seeing footage of the first bounce. Melbourne players could have almost walked that goal in they had that much space. For all the talk we weren't switched on at all

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Fagan is too much the players coach and isn't ruthless enough when it counts

Just my opinion looking in

I mean, I could say the same about Adam Simpson

Laughing stock of the competition let’s see fagan try and spin this in to positive. This type of buildup is almost worse than being last because you have hope

Oh he did spin the positives. Last 3 minutes was about the stats being good and we actually got a lot right etc.

Dogs or Tigers in two weeks. We may as well just forfeit now and save the heartache. Mad Monday here we come.

I think Dogs we would beat but I wouldn't have faith in us backing it up the following week. Tigers will beat us.

It's been apparent this year that we're not really good enough to be contending for a flag. Too many slow coaches.

Tonight any skill level that we previously had just fell away. No chasing ,no running, no awareness ,poor discipline.

I don't mind being not good enough but it was a shambolic effort tonight.

The red light has been flashing for a while. We need to reset and rejig our list. And maybe have a look at the coaching set up. Whether we have the courage to do what we need to let's see.

The guys have given us a great run the last 4 years. First off we need to regroup and win our home final. So I don't want to put the cart before the horse just yet.

No one even knows what happen and you all want to have him suspended and stripped of captaincy. How about you wait and see what comes out. He apologised to him in the field after the game.
It end there.
People have wanted Zorko stripped of the captaincy for his off the ball/after the play carry on and rubbish, it's embarrassing to watch. I don't believe the apology at all, was carrying on after the game before Birchall had a word to him. If that's the end of it I'll be disappointed.

as much as I hate to post a Tom Browne tweet...

Not good enough. Pathetic. And completely unbecoming of our highest representative of our club.

I agree that it's a poor look from Zorko as the captain of our club.

That being said, is it not the definition of the gutter journalism we get from people like Tom Browne where they essentially accuse Zorko of vilification while also admitting they have no idea what was said.

What do you say after that it is about as deflating as it gets I feel like a sucker for putting hope and money into this club this season
I have said it a couple of times through the year. We have been hard to watch this season because of the total lack of accountability and extremely poor team defence. Tonight showed that in spades. So disappointing.
The younger players are the ones trying to carry us at the moment, we should only continue to improve going into next season assuming we're willing to change our best 22 and playstyle.
Yeah the problem is that senior players are not standing up. I'm sure people will disagree but I genuinely believe that's our premiership window slammed shut. It's going to be another 12 years before we get to that last Saturday in September.
The question to ask yourself is 'Am I a masochist'? If the answer is yes then watch as many times as your self loathing can handle.

I also advise punching yourself in the face as hard as you can, to really feel the full experience.
Yes this.
It’s not entirely on our defence. It starts in the midfield.
Correct. Team defence has been lacking all year. Blame Andrews and Adams all you like. They have been overworked because we have lacked pressure up the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting smashed in the aftermath by media. Full on modern day pretender tag now, has there been a bigger pretender in the modern era? I can’t think of one.
I'd say Geelong had the pretender tag last and they're still in contention. Before that, Port pre-2004. We can turn it around but gee we'll need to pull a finger out.

Getting smashed in the aftermath by media. Full on modern day pretender tag now, has there been a bigger pretender in the modern era? I can’t think of one.

Bulldogs in the mid to late 2000s were a very good team that never made a grand final but I don't think they ever went out in straight sets, let alone twice. Don't remember them regularly blowing big games like we do either.

Laughing stock of the competition let’s see fagan try and spin this in to positive. This type of buildup is almost worse than being last because you have hope

I think it really is time for Fages to step aside. He has done wonders for us and will always be a legend of our club but we are not progressing under him.
Playing in finals but knowing we are not going to be winning any of them can only be a thing for so long. Who do we bring in instead? Dunno but it needs to be someone who can get our team to play A LOT harder and better than they do bcos we are s**t.

if it was a comment about a family member why would it be a matter of vilification as defined in that picture. go back to posting about clarko being a shoo in for the essendon job tb you nuffy

i dont want the afl to have to step in. if it comes out zorko said something disgusting and we're fair dinkum i want the club to have the balls to punish the skipper

Bulldogs in the mid to late 2000s were a very good team that never made a grand final but I don't think they ever went out in straight sets, let alone twice. Don't remember them regularly blowing big games like we do either.
St. Kilda were the best team never to win a flag in recent memory. They were a lot lot better team than us. And unlucky.

So we're probably nowhere near it tbh and had our best chance during covid.

as much as I hate to post a Tom Browne tweet...

Not good enough. Pathetic. And completely unbecoming of our highest representative of our club.

What happened? I had given up on the game and was supporting the bar's profits long before this point.
Oh he did spin the positives. Last 3 minutes was about the stats being good and we actually got a lot right etc.
You're kidding right? If he really found anything positive in this game then he has to go. It's that simple. There was nothing positive to take from this game. We got smashed from the get go and in every area of the game.

That’s the only team I can think of, but they actually bought the heat and feel shirt. Think we are far far worse.

Back