Discussion Round 23, 2023 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

datax990

Rookie
Jun 18, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Being bold and posting the round 23 thread as the last few round's absence of late arrivals have very mildy irritated me. Haven't seen anything suggesting there's any themed guernseys this round, so my prediction is normal attire for all clubs.

Collingwood vs. Brisbane (Black jumper with white stripes/black shorts vs. Fitzroy-inspired away jumper with white shorts)
Richmond vs. North Melbourne (Black jumper with yellow sash/black shorts vs. White jumper blue stripes/white shorts)
Gold Coast vs. Carlton (Red jumper/red shorts vs. Navy blue jumper and white shorts) *wouldn't be surprised if Carl were in navy shorts

GWS vs. Essendon (Orange and charcoal jumper/charcoal shorts vs. Black jumper with red sash/white shorts)
St Kilda vs. Geelong (Saints red black white home jumper/black shorts vs. White jumper with blue hoops/white shorts)
Adelaide vs. Sydney (Crows home jumper/navy shorts vs. South Melbourne white vee jumper/red shorts)

Bulldogs vs. West Coast (Bulldogs blue home jumper/blue shorts vs. Eagles yellow away jumper/white shorts)
Melbourne vs. Hawthorn (Dees home navy vee jumper/navy shorts vs. Hawks home gold jumper brown stripes/white shorts)
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide (Purple home jumper/purple shorts vs. Port white away jumper/white shorts)

Thank you datax. Apologies I've been slack on the weekly threads the last few weeks; I've been pretty busy.

This actually foreshadows a greater conversation around board moderation that I'll launch once we get into the off-season.

GWS v Essendon will be a moderate clash - IMO Essendon need a white or similar strip for games like this.

No issues with any of the other games: in an ideal world Brisbane could wear royal blue shorts to complete the Fitzroy kit but they don't exist at present.

Forgot about Freo doing retro round, my oh my it is a work of art! Is this Freo's best ever kit? Almost identical on the 2001-04 away jumper, except there was a drooping line under the back number.
freo retro front.jpg 2023-RETRO_LONGSLEEVE_-_BACK__48756.jpg

Swans dont wear the V outside of Melbourne unless of a clash- only @ Gold Coast
... of course would love to see it

Fahey looks so good in a longy, same with Gilbee in the NS longy in VFL the past few weeks. Hoping they sell them retail next year and hope all clubs do
The orange sleeves look mint.

I love long sleeves. I hate the Richmond don't sell retail long sleeves any more. There is a kids sized one on ebay that I'd fit into so maybe I'll have to settle with that lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires in white for Bulldogs v West Coast. They had to go for the third colour because neither yellow or blue would have worked. First time for a couple of years if I'm not mistaken.

It looks good too.

Umpires in white for Bulldogs v West Coast. They had to go for the third colour because neither yellow or blue would have worked. First time for a couple of years if I'm not mistaken.

It looks good too.
Black shirt (or at least dark grey to match the shorts) would look good in this situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back