Go walk out in the rain, so no one sees me cry

Am I ever gonna see your face again

Can't stop the memory, that goes climbing through my brain
I get no answer, so the question still remains

8D69D68B-0D87-4D00-96DF-42208E6674B8.jpeg

On Saturday night we say goodbye to three legends of the club when Shannon Hurn and Luke Shuey run out for the final time. Nic Naitanui, sadly, has already done that but we will get to celebrate his career as well as he joins Boots and Bunga in retirement

Plenty has already been said and written about the contribution these three have made collectively, and individually, to the club so I won’t repeat that here. Suffice to say they’ll be greatly missed but the memories of them will never fade

It will mark the end of an era as the club embarks fully on a rebuild that began a year or two ago

In many ways the game itself is inconsequential to what shapes to be a celebration of three great careers

Adelaide are out of the finals race courtesy of the Blind Society whilst our season was finished months ago. The one remaining bit of interest of our season, access to the No.1 draft pick, was effectively decided last week with a shock win over the Bulldogs (Go North BTW)

So the question becomes whether or not we can send our champions out in style. It’s the sort of game we haven’t always succeeded in but in the corresponding game last year we did give JK a rousing send off despite not quite getting the W

Quietly sitting in the background to this game is the future of Adam Simpson. The club, and Simpson, have remained adamant that no decision has yet been made despite media speculation to the contrary as they hover expectantly around the guillotine

A decisive result one way or the other could swing the pendulum for those charged with the responsibility of determining if we start the off season looking for a new coach for a new era. But that’s for next week, in the meantime…

We’ll have no answer, so the question still remains,
Will Adelaide ever win the game

NO WAY, GET FVCKED, * OFF!!!

Not a danger game. Eagles by (9+13+25) points. That’s several goals

74A12C16-C214-4BB3-8D34-8B3493869181.jpeg

Last edited:

What am emotional game it will be. Truly the end of an era and in Luke and Nics case the end of perhaps the greatest football partnership we will ever see as Eagles fans

I've gotten a bit cynical these past years, checked out a little too.

But these are some of my favourite players. The last generation that was still a little bit older than me. The last that I could love without conditions, naively even.

Nic Nat, Shuey and Hurn created moments of pure football - distilled football brilliance. And we got to see it in moments of consequence, in finals, in premierships.

Three of the best. I hope we see them off well.

Eagles by 17.

Honestly it would be a real kick in the teeth if we were beaten soundly here after what last week's win meant for our draft hand.

I don't expect Adelaide to be push overs but I don't expect it from us either.

Bit of pressure this week, which is nice. There was none last week really. Let's see how they respond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Nat late out

crying-laughing.gif

Absolute gun. Underrated on the East Coast. Best off either foot in the competition in my opinion. The kicks he missed I believe were because he was so worried he would ping his hammie with the follow through.
I wasn’t sure which was his preferred side for a few years.

Just about better off the left than the right ( his natural foot).

Gun and passionate club man.

A close game or a win would be dandy, although unlikely. (draft picks be damned)
Wish Ginbey+Culley were playing. Will TK get special attention after last week?
Hurn launches a scud missile.
Shuey like days of old before a small ping in 3rd qtr.
NN's dreadlocked aura permeates the stadium.
Hewey does something special?
Somebody does something special?
They all do something special?
Last game before the big deconstruct and reconstruct...woohoo!
(pee ess - Keys shoulda been a damn poet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back