AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thursday, April 4
Adelaide v Geelong (Adelaide Oval) (N)
Friday, April 5
Melbourne v Essendon (MCG) (N)
Saturday, April 6
Carlton v Sydney (Marvel Stadium)
GWS Giants v Richmond (Giants Stadium) (T)
Collingwood v West Coast (MCG) (N)
Brisbane Lions v Port Adelaide (G) (N)
Sunday, April 7
Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast (Marvel Stadium)
Hawthorn v North Melbourne (MCG)
Fremantle v St Kilda (Optus Stadium) (T)

Melbourne the home side against Essendon for the first time since 2010. Demons in full home against the Bombers in their red clash will be a match-up we've not seen before.

Carlton and Sydney in full home strips will be nice on the eye, as will the Dogs and Suns. Don't mind the Brisbane match-up with Port in their home jumper with white shorts either, reminds me of the 2004 Grand Final.

North will wear the bounding Roo away strip which will look fantastic at the MCG. Saints to be in their away strip on Sunday night.

GWS v Richmond is a game where the best jumper for the Tigers to wear would be one that's neither yellow nor black. With the two available options I'd get the Giants in the white shorts meaning Richmond can go full black and GWS with minimal charcoal but it's messy any which way you play it.
Pretty good round aesthetically apart from that.

Eagles to wear Peril vs Collingwood?

Be nice to see Sydney trot out their clash vs Carlton but it won't happen. Just would like to see it worn more often.

Home jumper with white shorts would be nice for Port but can also see them wearing their Silver clash.... (we need a name for that)

Be nice to see Sydney trot out their clash vs Carlton but it won't happen. Just would like to see it worn more often.

Home jumper with white shorts would be nice for Port but can also see them wearing their Silver clash.... (we need a name for that)
The BiG (Back in Grey)

Nope. Royal with white shorts.

Though wouldn’t be against full royal.
Royal clashes not with black so I don't see why it can't happen. Looked mint in Jason McCartney's last game - Richmond all black and North in royal shorts.

Royal clashes not with black so I don't see why it can't happen. Looked mint in Jason McCartney's last game - Richmond all black and North in royal shorts.
We need more coloured v coloured.
North and the Dogs against teams that don’t have white or navy.

Why ?? We played 3 times last year - Eagles in Royal all 3 times, both in Perth and Melbourne.
Peril is the clash jumper, not Away.

Eagles will be in white shorts (though Eagles royal v Pies white is the better matchup).

Why ?? We played 3 times last year - Eagles in Royal all 3 times, both in Perth and Melbourne.
Peril is the clash jumper, not Away.

Eagles will be in white shorts (though Eagles royal v Pies white is the better matchup).
Eagles royal v Pies black (with white or black jumper) is the ultimate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's two perfect possibilities for COLL vs WCE that avoid putting West Coast in white shorts (which doesn't look good against Collingwood who are already wearing white) and look good matched up together

Currently, this is what I'm presuming we'll end up seeing:

collingwood_home_zps72538a68.png xzw6rdc.png

But these next two possibilities (which wouldn't be unheard of) look much better. The first is for the AFL to convince Collingwood to wear white shorts with their home jumper (the same as the GF and in a similar way to what the Cats normally do) which is a clean look, and they still wear their home jumper

collingwood_away1_zps21dd95c0.png hfuwwa3.png

The second would be the AFL removing the white shorts rule and being more open to two teams wearing coloured shorts. This matchup wouldn't be an issue:

collingwood_home_zps72538a68.png hfuwwa3.png

Another idea (which won't happen going by current trends but would look fantastic) is Collingwood acting on their 'vs Carlton @ Home' idea (which I don't think is going to happen) and wearing it against West Cost too (similar to how the Eagles avoided ugly match ups by wearing royal at home throughout the mid-late 2000's):

ckjfcl8.png hfuwwa3.png

I know Royal and Black don't clash, but who doesn't want to see the Peril more often?
Most Eagles fan? Don't get me wrong, the peril is a great clash jumper - but I'd prefer to see us in Royal whenever possible. Keep the peril for clashes, and special occasions.

Most Eagles fan? Don't get me wrong, the peril is a great clash jumper - but I'd prefer to see us in Royal whenever possible. Keep the peril for clashes, and special occasions.
Yeah the peril only keeps its mistique if it isn’t worn often. Royal whenever possible please.

The Peril's a but unbalanced with the yellow-based eagle. I know the inverse isn't perfect around the eye, but it's a better proportioned jumper .

Royal is better, they should use it as much as possible imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back