VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies lost 48-133, Cloke kicked 2 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
2:10pm this Sunday at the true home of the Magpies.

Broadcast:
TV - Channel 7 LIVE into Victoria from 2:00pm. Replayed nationally on 7Mate at 1am AEST on Tuesday April 26th (check your local guides). Streamed LIVE through the Plus7 Live smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 2:00pm (viewers outside Victoria need to change their location to 'Victoria' to watch). Replayed online through the Plus7 website here and through the Plus 7 Live app until Sunday May 22nd.

Radio - Streamed live on Collingwood Radio via collingwoodfc.com.au at this portal and through the Collingwood FC smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 2:00pm. Data usage and charges apply, including for Telstra customers.

Internet - LiveChat at collingwood.fc.com.au, full video replay available during the following week. Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board and on Twitter at @VFLPies.

Where They Sit:
Collingwood: 9th (1 win, 1 loss, 83.51%)
Essendon: 4th (1 win, 1 loss, 147.52%)

Team:
B: Phillips Goldsack Aish
HB: Maynard Golds Marsh
C: Crocker Goodyear Langdon
HF: J Howe White Blair
F: MacAffer Wills J Smith
R: Wyatt De Goey Broomhead
Int: Ferguson Viola Gray M Smith Sier Kelly Hellier Collopy Close Moloney L Howe Rambaldi Hore*

Last Time They Met:
Round 2, 2015 at Windy Hill
Essendon 11.9.75, def
Collingwood 5.13.43

Head to Head:
Played: 5
Collingwood: 4
Essendon: 1

How They Fared Last Week:
Collingwood 10.5.65, def by
Casey 18.13.121

Essendon 18.16.124, def
North Ballarat 5.9.39

Trivia:
- This will be the fourth time that the Collingwood and Essendon VFL teams have clashed in an ANZAC Day weekend match.

- Following on from that, this will be the first time Collingwood and Essendon have clashed in an ANZAC Day weekend match in this competition at Victoria Park since Round 6 of 2000.

- However, in a quirk of history, this will actually be the second time that Collingwood has hosted an ANZAC Day weekend clash at Victoria Park since 2000, having hosted an ANZAC Day weekend match in Round 3 of 2010 which was against Essendon’s VFL affiliate of the time, the Bendigo Bombers.

Over to you...

Last edited:
OP updated with some new info regarding online replays, plus a definitive time for the replay on 7Mate next week...

I'm glad this one is on telly. Thanks for the updates MB.

Agreed I will be in Torquay after my sons footy match.

Straight on the coach........perfect.

I'm glad this one is on telly. Thanks for the updates MB.

No worries. Prior engagement?

Hopefully we get a big crowd, both for the TV visuals and for the fact that it's Vic Park and we want to start the weekend on a high. :)

Disappointed I cant get to this one. The VFL game at Olympic Park last weekend was just OK in terms of atmosphere, but none of the ghosts of Lulie Street were there. I missed them.

Disappointing indeed, VP.

You have credits in the bank, so you're excused for this one but as the spiritual leader of this joint, I expect better of you. You're lucky I don't run my own award around here, otherwise you'd be getting votes for sure...;)

Disappointing indeed, VP.

You have credits in the bank, so you're excused for this one but as the spiritual leader of this joint, I expect better of you. You're lucky I don't run my own award around here, otherwise you'd be getting votes for sure...;)

Kind words MB. I'll be checking in here to see how we go.

Kind words MB. I'll be checking in here to see how we go.

You could do that, you could very well do that. And no doubt you will.

Or you could take a walk on the wild side and have a look over at my game thread across the harbour and get value for money...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think Essendon reserves would be extremely depleted with all the suspensions affecting them too.

Not really. They've got a fair few good VFL players as part of their top-up ranks.

Just last week alone, they had all of Sam Grimley (back-to-back Frosty Miller Medallist), Jonathan Simpkin (2x VFL premiership player/2013 Norm Goss Medallist/2015 Box Hill B&F/2013 AFL premiership player), Nathan Grima (proven AFL key defender), Ryan Crowley (AFL standard tagging pest extraordinaire), Mark Jamar (2010 All Australian ruckman), James Polkinghorne (ex-AFL established midfielder at Brisbane) and Sam Michael (2012 Andrew Ireland Medallist for best afield in a NEAFL Grand Final) on the park.

So, they've got plenty of VFL standard assets, to go with a very short AFL injury list.

It's enough to make them a genuine threat, at the very least.

Just how the team sheets land will be interesting...

Looking to head out there with the wife and a toddler. A group of about a dozen bombers. What's Vic Park VFL like these days as far as being accommodating to the opposition supporters?

Looking to head out there with the wife and a toddler. A group of about a dozen bombers. What's Vic Park VFL like these days as far as being accommodating to the opposition supporters?

I haven't been to many VFL matches since they redeveloped the ground but I would say it's a great atmosphere and makes everyone feel welcome.

I hope you and your family have a great day, excluding the game of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back