Game Day Round 4, 2019 - Essendon vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking forward to todays game. Honestly think we can win provided we start well. Can't let them get an early run on.

Just watching the boys train yesterday and very noticeable that a few players have bulked up. Squizzy Taylor much bigger these days as is McCluggage.

Christensen not at training but heard Taylor say he was still just an emergency.

If we can keep Stringer quiet today and Gardiner's the man then I am not sure where the goals come from for the Bombers.

I don't like the viewing experience at the MCG as compared to Colonial Stadium. With our Vic membership you have to sit behind the goals or high up on the top level. I am too far away to get a good view.

The MCG is not the 'people's ground' has they claim but the member's ground.

I do not want a MCG membership or an AFL membership so I get shafted.

I sat in the cheer squad for two of the Grand Finals, until I decided I wanted to see one properly, and during one of these two fat twins sitting right in front of me would stand up whenever Brisbane went forward. There was no way I could see round them but I could not get too cross as you can't see much at ground level anyway which was the reason they stood up so much.

Go Lions and I will up on the top deck as close to the wing as possible.

Very bullish about this one. I think we get off to a flyer and keep the foot down Lions by 40+

Lions by 24. Newspapers to write - "Lions The Real Deal". The Gabba on Easter Thursday against the Pies and the crowd is 32,000.
It will headline Supporters leave in droves, COLLINGWOOD sopporters that is, ha ha ha.
Brisbane Win in a landslide.

Go hard Lions and our Bretheren down there, enjoy the day.
I want those voices to sound like johnny Cash tomorrow.

Start is all important as with the 2nd 3rd and 4th quarters!

Up at the Gabba last year we played them early in the season when we were allowing easy over the back goals and that is where they won the game.
We have been much better in this regard after a change up in defensive structure so we stop the over the back goals for their quick small fleet then we win the game! Simples!

Lions by 27! 🦁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to pull this one apart early, like we did against Port and to keep going. We need to reclaim the centre corridor, because we pretty much surrendered that last week. I am expecting Essendon to try to turn this into a shootout, so our defence needs to stand up. This is a danger game, make no mistake about it. I’m sure Fagan has drilled this into the players. Zorko to cut loose!

Lid stays off: Lions by 48

Too ill to go but will be cheering on from home (actually I don't like to watch it live - too nerve racking - and record it instead). Definitely winnable if we come ready to play. Go Lions!

Will be watching on the drive to Toowoomba. Can't wait to start watching footy normally again starting Easter Thursday!

Will be a tough one to win. The challenge is having the right focus and mindset and forgetting about the Pies game. The boys can do it, let's hope the maturity shines through and they put the foot down once again.

Go Lions. We play better than last week we win. Essington spent a lot of mental energy getting up last week. Often hard to back it up.

Most teams ebb and flow through the year from week to week. It's only the great teams who can back it up. So IMO when you win ugly like the Lions did last week you're more focused the week after.

Well that's my theory anyway.

*Testing, one, one two....

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

Yep, all good :D

I am very very nervous today.

Hoping the boys can improve on last week as I don't think every team we play will miss 500 shots on goal

Get ya scarf on BRAB, it'll make you feel better :D

Should be a good game today. I fear Hipwood, Zorks, Neale, Cameron. Hopefully we play Hooker forward today to occupy Harris Andrews and allow Stringer, Walla and Orazio to do their thing. Brown looks the in for McKernan and is a decent mark and set shot. Shiel hit the post twice last week as well. We'll need strong midfield work and Bellchambers and Clarke to break even with Stef. The ruck match-up will be vital to your chances I think. Hit outs won to your mids' advantage and we might be done. Enjoy the game. Go Donners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back