Review Round 5, 2017 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Western Bulldogs?

• 1 Ben Keays

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 2 Ryan Harwood

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 4 Ryan Bastinac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Mitch Robinson

Votes: 94 62.3%
  • 6 Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • 9 Dayne Beams

Votes: 98 64.9%
  • 10 Daniel Rich

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • 12 Stefan Martin

Votes: 61 40.4%
  • 13 Jarrod Berry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 Dayne Zorko

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • 17 Claye Beams

• 18 Nick Robertson

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • 20 Cedric Cox

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 23 Josh Schache

• 24 Liam Dawson

• 25 Daniel Mcstay

Votes: 53 35.1%
  • 28 Lewis Taylor

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • 30 Eric Hipwood

Votes: 66 43.7%
  • 31 Harris Andrews

• 32 Sam Mayes

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • 35 Ryan Lester

• 38 Tom Rockliff

Votes: 103 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If he hit 40 goals, that'd likely be the biggest goal Talley of a second year/20 year old forward in what, the last 20 years?

Would also probably give him a decent shot at the rising star award. He should get the nom this week

Would also probably give him a decent shot at the rising star award. He should get the nom this week

5 shots on goal and 4 tackles along with more meters gained than a bunch of our mids. Phenomenal effort.

5 shots on goal and 4 tackles along with more meters gained than a bunch of our mids. Phenomenal effort.

He sure made me look like a dickhead, I was so annoyed close wasn't picked but we just need to trust Fagan I guess.

Hopefully he lights up the Gabba against port. Need some more hipwood magic in my life

Bit late I know, but well played today guys. Kicking on goal was spectacular early, your ability to go coast to coast was really impressive, midfield dominance at times was super. Looks like Chris Fagan has your team on a very good pathway.

Thank you also for coming down to our end and waiting around to cheer Bob off the ground, total class act.

Best of luck for the rest of the year, hopefully some more big performances ahead for you guys.

I'm taking this as a happy moment. Went far better than I expected - lots of pressure and didn't fade out mid game. End fade .. whatever. I can luv2e with that at this stage of the rebuild.

There will probably ( unfortunately) be other games this year that will be worse than this so I'm going to enjoy the happiness I felt through the first half/ three quarters.

Some observations:
- CBeams actually played well, except the handball. Quicker. Better forward.
- Dawson's improvement will mean Fagan won't drop him.
- umpiring was poor. Many errant calls.
- Bastinac won't get dropped after 1 game back.
- Paparone and Walker seem to have carved up in the NEAFL.
- Lester played pretty well actually.
- Berry may need a rest. I'd have him out for Paparone next week.
- Harwood was okay.
- Keayes best game so far.
- devils advocAte here, but today we had Better disposal off backline with Gardiner out...
- McCluggage best so far.
- Taylor massive improvement.

A big thank you to all the Lion fans who stuck around and applauded Bob as he got chaired off today. You're clearly on the right track and all the best for the rest of the season.

We got our Bob's out mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some observations:
- Harwood was okay.
- devils advocAte here, but today we had Better disposal off backline with Gardiner out...

You're arong about Dizzy. Averaging 80% DE and was essentially replaced by Dawson in defence who had 50% DE and conceded 5+ shots at goal. Disposal and backline in general is better with him in it. I actually thought our disposal off half back was average today lol

You're arong about Dizzy. Averaging 80% DE and was essentially replaced by Dawson in defence who had 50% DE and conceded 5+ shots at goal. Disposal and backline in general is better with him in it. I actually thought our disposal off half back was average today lol

Yeah okay. Fair enough. I think we overrate Gardiner though. Anyway, yeah Dawson had a shocker. I don't rate him. Anyone, doubt he will be dropped after one game.

For me....
Out: Bastinac and Berry
In: Paparone and Walker

Just watched it again. They really do throw a lot...
Most teams do... dogs are just better at making it look like a handball

Throwing has been annoying me for years, umps are calling it more this year but still long way to go & they still guess a lot. But it's hard so many players in the way & teams are so good at making it look legit even when it's not

Berry didn't throw at 701...

That was the cream on top. Umps hadn't paid any of the dogs throws all day. He couldn't see whether Berry disposed of it correctly or not and GUESSED that it must have been incorrect disposal and pinged him for it.

Yeah okay. Fair enough. I think we overrate Gardiner though. Anyway, yeah Dawson had a shocker. I don't rate him. Anyone, doubt he will be dropped after one game.

For me....
Out: Bastinac and Berry
In: Paparone and Walker

Gardiner has kept his direct opponents fairly quiet this year and has lifted his defensive efforts significantly as well as cleaned up his disposal. I don't any of us are saying hes A grade, but he has improved a lot and could well become a B-B+ grade player.

Dawson I think has potential but this year is going to be a big development year for him.

Some observations:
- Harwood was okay.
While I think Gardiner is fairly decent stopper he really doesn't add anything going the other way and is known for some fairly bad brain fades. While McStay too has some poor patches his upside is just a lot higher. McStay just offers much more flexibility IMO. Andrews, McStay and Gardiner backline would be fairly decent if Gardiner had the ability to match up on the second tall but he just can't. McStay too valuable with ball in hand to play on the second tall.

There were two absolutely FERAL Dogs fans sitting behind the Lions cheersquad giving us hell in the last quarter. They even had the audacity to target two elderly women behind us who were simply just trying to enjoy their time at the footy. Most disgusted I've ever been. Banter is one thing, but getting personal is another.

There were two absolutely FERAL Dogs fans sitting behind the Lions cheersquad giving us hell in the last quarter. They even had the audacity to target two elderly women behind us who were simply just trying to enjoy their time at the footy. Most disgusted I've ever been. Banter is one thing, but getting personal is another.

That's disappointing man. We need to push a dogs uncle down a flight of stairs in retaliation.

Great to read the 'Western Bulldogs- Game Day' thread on big footy during the first half..hillarious. Anyway, good game by the team. I hope they'll get rewarded soon with their efforts. Liked Taylor, McStay, and Robinson and Rocky today. Watched the replay of the first half again. How did Jacob Allison and Rhys Mathieson go in the seconds?

Review Round 5, 2017 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Back