Unofficial Preview Round 5 Sydney v Gold Cost Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it was a shocking call. Any chance to watch our team is not a waste of time.
get off your moral hi horse!
the footy so far has been average at best.. shortened games, no reserves comp, very little training etc etc.. of course its been average
Yes because I don't think a national sporting competition should be going ahead in the midst of a pandemic. But if our boys are still going out there and working their arses off I think it's out of line to say it's a waste of time watching them, regardless of whether I think it should be happening or not.
Leave that to the medical experts
and
If 'our boys are working their arses off'.. Im sure they wouldn't be enjoying your regular and poor and mostly critical judgements

I am still staggered by the Melican and Clarke's selections. We are racing for the spoon.
im not staggered.. a bit sad maybe..
Melican is the most experienced tall we have left
Clarke will probably do a defensive job, and probably do it pretty well.. he's more experienced than the alternatives.. plus, on the bright side, he had his best game against the Eagles last year

I am still staggered by the Melican and Clarke's selections. We are racing for the spoon.

I am interested to see how they do. They have not yet had a chance this season.

I like Clarke's defensive running ability. He can get to contests and make tackles and win the ball. He is going to be useful against teams with pacy running midfielders which we struggle against. He is fit as well so still able to function in the last quarter when we have fatigued. He gets criticised for his disposals but so do all our other midfielders.

Selecting Melican means we don't have to rely on Aliir and Rampe as our only tall lockdown defenders. Ideally when Brand returns, I would like to see us select Melican or Maibaum as the second tall defender. So we don't have to rely so much on Dawson and Aliir as defensive players.

get off your moral hi horse!
the footy so far has been average at best.. shortened games, no reserves comp, very little training etc etc.. of course its been average

Leave that to the medical experts
and
If 'our boys are working their arses off'.. Im sure they wouldn't be enjoying your regular and poor and mostly critical judgements

Thanks for the feedback

im not staggered.. a bit sad maybe..
Melican is the most experienced tall we have left
Clarke will probably do a defensive job, and probably do it pretty well.. he's more experienced than the alternatives.. plus, on the bright side, he had his best game against the Eagles last year
Picking Clarke is Horse’s way of saying “my aim isn’t to win - it’s to avoid a 10 goal pantsing”.

So much hate aimed at players here for getting selected! Blame the selection committee, the coaches, Horse for the team, its selection and tactics but dont take aim at a player. Forums are in general a place for people to talk sh1t on but lets try be positive and get around the team. I for one am looking forward to the game and to see how these players perform!

So much hate aimed at players here for getting selected! Blame the selection committee, the coaches, Horse for the team, its selection and tactics but dont take aim at a player. Forums are in general a place for people to talk sh1t on but lets try be positive and get around the team. I for one am looking forward to the game and to see how these players perform!
Jeremy, are you one of those people that tut-tuts the booing of umpires?

yeah well I've been drinking Vodka all night and it just dawned on me the game is today at 1.45pm. Glad I chose vodka

Woooohooooo.

I hope Clarke has a blinder and is in the team for the rest of the season.

If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't really care about him, but he's became one of my favourite players just because of the hate he gets.

30 disposals at 10% efficiency.

Oh, I'm also a massive fan of grey and ronke.

Melican I'm neither here nor there about him, but am looking forward to seeing why he was picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell did Jetts get omitted? Sheesh. They are looking fairly unsettled at the moment I reckon.
I've watched a couple of their games. He hasn't wanted a bar of their current situation the way he has represented himself in those games. Plays like he doesn't want to be there. His omission alone, the way he played in the games I watched, makes West Coast 10% better just like that.

I've watched a couple of their games. He hasn't wanted a bar of their current situation the way he has represented himself in those games. Plays like he doesn't want to be there. His omission alone, the way he played in the games I watched, makes West Coast 10% better just like that.

His omission has pissed off a handful of West Coast players, particularly the indigenous boys. They let Simpson know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back