Review Round 6, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just dumb football.
Jack Payne should just be told to punch, he has zero football iq.
Jimmy Tunstill had a go but not even close to the level required to play afl.
What a horrible night.

Fagan is “next level” dumb sometimes. Did he notice it was raining? Why were players chipping it around like it was a dry day? Metres gained boys, as I would have said to the Under 12’s. Did he not have access to a weather report? Why go in with his patented dumb and dumber three tall forward routine. Hipwood was beyond terrible tonight - will get Mulligan. Rayner reverted to type. Starcevich is massively overrated and Payne is flat out comedy hopeless. Mulligans all round.

Seriously Fagan is an appalling game day coach because when he misreads situations he misreads them monumentally.
Hodgey was pointing out some things he should have done too. However, tbf Fagans game day coaching against Melbourne last week was next level. Like all of us he has good days at work and bad days at work.

As disappointing as tonight was, it’s hard to really get a read on things. Conditions were horrific - cats took their chances, we didn’t. That’s not on Fagan.

Agree it's hard to get a read on much but we got tonight wrong with tactics. That's on our leaders and Fagan 100%. Season isn't over, we could scrape into 8th position but it's a pretty big fall.

Ugly game. Didn't play for the conditions at all, and didn't capitalise on periods of dominance which is becoming a common story this season.

Zorko, Wilmot, Answerth, Dunkley and Berry good. Lohmann and Tunstill worth persisting with. Payne, Hipwood, Lyons and to a lesser extent Starc all poor.

I now know what it's like to support the Bulldogs. A lot of junk disposals and a loss at the end of the game.

Fagan ****ed up tonight. The boys turned up to play. They just got shit instructions tonight or they totally ignored Fagan.

Top 4 is gone. With our draw, top 8 is looking very wobbly now.

Last edited:
Fagan is “next level” dumb sometimes. Did he notice it was raining? Why were players chipping it around like it was a dry day? Metres gained boys, as I would have said to the Under 12’s. Did he not have access to a weather report? Why go in with his patented dumb and dumber three tall forward routine. Hipwood was beyond terrible tonight - will get Mulligan. Rayner reverted to type. Starcevich is massively overrated and Payne is flat out comedy hopeless. Mulligans all round.

Seriously Fagan is an appalling game day coach because when he misreads situations he misreads them monumentally.
Some of this is on the players. Too cute but perhaps nothing is presenting ahead of them?
Our forward structure is poor and ball entry is usually horrific. Fagan and the coaching staff didn't react to Geelong's tactic of two behind the ball and countering the slingshot. They got most of their goals this way but no meaningful tactical changes all night.
Last week our coaches were praised (rightly so) but these tactics were implemented pre-game and worked. Their game day coaching is almost non-existent.

Hodgey was pointing out some things he should have done too. However, tbf Fagans game day coaching against Melbourne last week was next level. Like all of us he has good days at work and bad days at work.
Was it really "game day" coaching last week?

Tonight a little part of me died. I've probably been vulnerable since having a work related breakdown last year. My family and i went to the gf and another little part of me died. The start of this year football wise has been very difficult. Tonight proved to me that footy has wrongfully dominated my life for the last 45 years. Tonight i walk away from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously dumb*** footy in the wet, especially after O went out.

You gotta have two players front and square and one over the back when kicking long to a contest in the rain - IT"S BASIC FOOTY SMARTS YOU LEARN at a youth and junior level

Trying to play dry footy and cute kicks and handballs - EPIC FAIL in the coaches box by everyone

Geelong played smarter, tacled better and adapted better and kicked better

Horrendous kicking for goal again - loved Answerth and Wilmot efforts

Darcy Gardiner is NOT A FORWARD - Charlie, Starc and Hippy had games they wanna forget

Tonight a little part of me died. I've probably been vulnerable since having a work related breakdown last year. My family and i went to the gf and another little part of me died. The start of this year football wise has been very difficult. Tonight proved to me that footy has wrongfully dominated my life for the last 45 years. Tonight i walk away from it.
❤️

Agree it's hard to get a read on much but we got tonight wrong with tactics. That's on our leaders and Fagan 100%. Season isn't over, we could scrape into 8th position but it's a pretty big fall.
Torrential rain, hard to plan for. Tactics almost revert to Under 9’s. Kick it long and keep it in front. We’d want a response next week.
Our draw is very difficult, and our midfield is desperately needing Ashcroft. If we are to challenge it will need to be a Doggies 2016 type run by the looks.

Wait, are we back on the tank wagon.
Animation Love GIF by ArmyPink

tank GIF

fec23679747d9474d79401115247f431.jpg

Man that's tough.

Really hope you can find a way to see it as a game and an opportunity to spend time with your family and bond with strangers.

You are way more important than any game ever.

Back