Game Day Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When did we last put a performance in like this...our 1 goal in a half against the Richmond ramble should have been a clue and also look back at our games back to R6 last year...after that we've been.very poor
Yeah, our style of play is pretty obvious, also our weaknesses are obvious, and opposition coaches will pick it apart as we go on.

We're already ridiculously young and inexperienced as it is. The melts were bad enough tonight, imagine how bad they'll be if we try that.

Beyond what is necessary to cover injuries, that is. Butler out doesn't help.

TBH I think the kids would be an improvement.

Collard > Butler
Arie > Cordy
Hastie > Bonner/Byrnes

Not really, you can forgive it when you're blooding a young team and sending senior players back to the magoos for terrible performances.
Yep, I'd rather see kids getting experience and getting beaten by 10 goals than watching Bonner, Jones, Ross, Cordy and Butler getting beaten by 10 goals. Byrnes too, I've seen enough of him

I've never seen our defence look so bad under a Ross Lyon coached side, so much space all night for the Dogs forwards.

Usually when we lose we don't lose by much as our defence holds up to keep it close but we have been as loose as a wizard's sleeve tonight.

The Dogs forwards height has troubled us, Howard might have helped but I don't think he would have helped enough for us to win this.

Disagree - our kids will improve - things will click - we’ve gone backwards tonight it’s one week - they’ll have a fair dinkum’ crack in Adelaide next week
Shouldn’t take 12 goal hidings to wake you up at this level
It’ll be an “honourable loss” next week paper over the cracks
No point even attempting finals just get the pick
War chest??? What is that tonight going to attract??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH I think the kids would be an improvement.

Collard > Butler
Arie > Cordy
Hastie > Bonner/Byrnes

I think if you have Arie in for Cordy we're going to be seeing a few more 10 goal losses this season!

Do want to see him get a run though, his VFL form has been very exciting.

Remember that pre-season game in his first year when Hill hit Membrey on the lead at Moorabbin?

Best kick he's ever had in our colours.

Butler no loss
Forces kids to be played
Butlers has been coasting for weeks not up to it
Time we got serious on our lack of talent
Jones, Byrnes , Bonner, Stocker, Cordy , Ross - these guys are either rejects or not getting a game at another AFL club
Time to get serious
Butler was the same at the tigers. Looked great at the start then got comfortable and played within himself
Went to you guys and he started well but a leopard doesnt change its spots
So talented but so lazy

I've never seen our defence look so bad under a Ross Lyon coached side, so much space all night for the Dogs forwards.

Usually when we lose we don't lose by much as our defence holds up to keep it close but we have been as loose as a wizard's sleeve tonight.

Don't think any defence was going to cope tonight, was a capitulation on every line

Why not give him a go in there.

Probably because our only two other competent small defenders are unavailable. Was hoping to see him get a run in the guts though, wasn't that his strength when he was drafted?

Yep, I'd rather see kids getting experience and getting beaten by 10 goals than watching Bonner, Jones, Ross, Cordy and Butler getting beaten by 10 goals. Byrnes too, I've seen enough of him
You never want kids playing in teams that are getting flogged- they learn nothing. It is made worse when the experienced players are getting flogged and there is no leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back