Trades Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settled on Rowell/T.Brown out for Aarts and Rankine. Was going to wait on Rankine and bring a mid in this week but I think last night's game has given Simpson a few weeks of job security so I'll just grab him next week for cash gen. No point bringing in a new Sydney mid only to have them dropped in a week or two because of HORSE mentality. 430k in the bank for Pittonet upgrade to Grundy next week.

Ridley and 100k
V
Haynes/Maynard?

DT talk boys put a very sketchy and rumour-mill flag on Maynard perhaps being a late out.

That aside I'd probably take Ridley and the coin anyway at the minute. Flip a coin between Haynes or Maynard they're probably both about the same.

The chaos will not be over though and a little extra coin each week will do wonders for some flexibility in a crisis.

I'm so conflicted every week with my trades.

I can grab Whitfield at his low this week, or get Grundy at his high and lock him in as captain.

Either way Budarik -> Aarts is a lock.

Rowell -> Whitfield and take $250k into next week for the Simpson/Grundy move next week.
Rowell -> Grundy this week and risk being agonizingly short of grabbing Whitfield next week if he bumps up more than ~$30k in price (Simpson the bigger priority at that scoring potentiall so that ones a lock next week!).

I also kind of want a sighter for Grundy away from home this week for some reason. Paying over $900k for any one (even Grundy) seems so wrong right now. Feels like massive amounts of coin that could be spread elsewhere for bigger returns.
Pegs everything on Grundy scoring 105+ every single week. If he starts posting some 80-90's its a big flat fail.

In THEORY Whitfield or Grundy should be scoring about even right!?

That hurts. Daicos was a ripper pick.

I was actually probably going to prioritize getting him in over Whitfield this week.

Yeah it sucks especially with Sidebottom out! He has such a good role and no one has him!

Do you know what the details are of the injury? If it's just one week I'll hold but if it's more I'll probably trade him.

No love for acres straight up?

We where big on him in PS. Scored 100+ (BCV) in his first game. Injury prone yes. But can see him owning that wing and going a a nice 70+. Thoughts @ 500k?

Yeah it sucks especially with Sidebottom out! He has such a good role and no one has him!

Do you know what the details are of the injury? If it's just one week I'll hold but if it's more I'll probably trade him.

Not a lot of confirmed info out there.
Sprained ankle at training during the week is all I can gather. Doesn't sound major.
Atu was an emergency at first supposedly and then named to start so Daicos likely left to the last minute to be right to play this week.

If I were a betting man (wait I am..) then I'd say Daicos lines up next week in Perth.

No love for acres straight up?

We where big on him in PS. Scored 100+ (BCV) in his first game. Injury prone yes. But can see him owning that wing and going a a nice 70+. Thoughts @ 500k?

I was keen on him Rnd 1. I think he'll go really well as you say. Very nicely priced at $500k too.

But there's bigger priorities for most this week than a somewhat sketchy pick with an injury cloud around him. I'd personally give him 1 or 2 weeks to settle in and get some match fitness back. I'm very wary given this is his 2nd time trying to return from the same injury.

I already have Aish too so something about selecting 2 Freo wingers in my side looks a bit gross.

BE of 82.

The BE system is broken this year - what a waste of money paying for it.

Be flExIabLe AnD aGiLe

By Flexible and Agile I think he means slow to respond and incompetant?

So 82 is his BE? That makes Whitfield look alot less enticing this week against a team who only give up 2x 80+'s a game....

Kelly/Haynes/Coniglio/Green/Ward/Greene/Whitfield/Perryman/Hopper. So many mouths to feed. Hmmm.

So 82 is his BE? That makes Whitfield look alot less enticing this week against a team who only give up 2x 80+'s a game....

Kelly/Haynes/Coniglio/Green/Ward/Greene/Whitfield/Perryman/Hopper. So many mouths to feed. Hmmm.
Makes me feel more comfortable getting him next week.

yep is 82, but god knows what happens if he gets it. Last week houli hit his BE and dropped 20k. I'm cooling on whitifled anyway. Port and Brisbane next two. Think we may see a bump with some of these cheap Richmond forwards aswell in Lambert & Higgins (lesser extent Bolton if he plays)

Emergency Starcevich, but my only other option is Mcasey who has scored 16,39,33,19,DNP.

Not even sure he can beat 33 as I heard on radio he'll probably play forward.

I'll captain Rivers to lock in Neale's 98, as Rivers is not even an emergency so shouldn't be a late in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emergency Starcevich, but my only other option is Mcasey who has scored 16,39,33,19,DNP.

Not even sure he can beat 33 as I heard on radio he'll probably play forward.

I'll captain Rivers to lock in Neale's 98, as Rivers is not even an emergency so shouldn't be a late in.

Its a sad state of affairs if you're taking a 33!
I'd roll the dice and put McAsey on ground.
WORST case he scores 0 and you're 33 points worse off. Not the end of the world.
33 is a very very low bar haha.

Its a sad state of affairs if you're taking a 33!
I'd roll the dice and put McAsey on ground.
WORST case he scores 0 and you're 33 points worse off. Not the end of the world.
33 is a very very low bar haha.
Welcome to 2020,
I've had Coniglio score about that a few rounds ago. (35)
But if I field Rivers C, it also locks in Neale VC.
That or take the punt on Gaff but he will be "semi" tagged.

Last edited:
BE of 82.

The BE system is broken this year - what a waste of money paying for it.

Be flExIabLe AnD aGiLe

So weird!!
But I don’t think that’s right - footy wire is surely closer to the mark.
He is essentially priced at 96 under old system, so around 80 ACV.

He has scored 190 points in last 2 weeks and the poor score drops out, so needs 40-50 to maintain his 3-rd rolling average. He will go up if more than that.

I've got the cash to get basically anyone and I'm really having trouble splitting the following.

• Yeo - form has been average but looked much better last week; also cheap and lots of CBAs still
  • Sheed - probably stands to benefit most from Shuey out, but how long does that last; I'd probably want to move him on again as soon as Shuey is back (I know at least one person suggested he'd be okay to hang onto but it feels super risky), so just banking a couple of weeks' points and cash-gen, but I think we all know how well those plans tend to work out
  • Treloar - unique, proven scorer, but the injury history is a concern and the price is high... (seems well-suited to Coronaball though)
  • Gaff - tempting despite the threat of a tag since he's a part of your final team once he's in, unlikely to be any cheaper for the rest of the season, and (I was surprised) still has fairly low ownership

Anyone care to make a definitive case for or against any of these guys?

I know there's still value around too, so it's not impossible that I just bank some cash this week and bring one of these guys in next week instead. But I have poor impulse control so that's probably unlikely. :D

So "officially" Whitfield has a B.E of 84. :huh:
Tempted to bring in Ridley for one of my rookie defenders (Rivers) instead as I can still field C.Taylor fwd for a good score. As opposed to fielding Starcevich for (E)33 or Mcasey for probably 20.

But spending my "Rowell stimulus" money on Ridley instead of Whitfield doesn't seem as good even though it banks $100k.

I think the traders said this week, every side needs Whitfield but not every side needs Ridley.

Tempted to bring in Ridley for one of my rookie defenders (Rivers) instead as I can still field C.Taylor fwd for a good score. As opposed to fielding Starcevich for (E)33 or Mcasey for probably 20.

But spending my "Rowell stimulus" money on Ridley instead of Whitfield doesn't seem as good even though it banks $100k.

I think the traders said this week, every side needs Whitfield but not every side needs Ridley.
Ridley looks seriously good for his price. Might not quite be too 6, but will be top 10 imo. He’s 100k cheaper than Haynes/Maynard etc which is valuable coin

Lloyd, Docherty, Maynard, Haynes and then somewhat of a raffle. Houli will be away for 5-6 rounds so didn’t include him. Ridley is just about the best value for money defender right now imo

I've got the cash to get basically anyone and I'm really having trouble splitting the following.

• Yeo - form has been average but looked much better last week; also cheap and lots of CBAs still
  • Sheed - probably stands to benefit most from Shuey out, but how long does that last; I'd probably want to move him on again as soon as Shuey is back (I know at least one person suggested he'd be okay to hang onto but it feels super risky), so just banking a couple of weeks' points and cash-gen, but I think we all know how well those plans tend to work out
  • Treloar - unique, proven scorer, but the injury history is a concern and the price is high... (seems well-suited to Coronaball though)
  • Gaff - tempting despite the threat of a tag since he's a part of your final team once he's in, unlikely to be any cheaper for the rest of the season, and (I was surprised) still has fairly low ownership

I know there's still value around too, so it's not impossible that I just bank some cash this week and bring one of these guys in next week instead. But I have poor impulse control so that's probably unlikely. :D
I'd put a fiver on Treloar scoring the most out of that bunch this week.
Returning to Western Sydney where it all began. Is that good or bad for him?

Isn't the BE based upon the required 3 round average to maintain a players price? With his current price (677K), I'm guessing this would be equivalent ~ 76 pt average (BCV 95). Given that he's been averaging ~95 pts (118 BCV) over the last 2 rounds, it would make more sense that his BE would 42 and not 84.

Isn't the BE based upon the required 3 round average to maintain a players price? With his current price (677K), I'm guessing this would be equivalent ~ 76 pt average (BCV 95). Given that he's been averaging ~95 pts (118 BCV) over the last 2 rounds, it would make more sense that his BE would 42 and not 84.
It was in the 40's since lockout lifted. Now they've changed it.
FWIW, it was in the 80's prior to last weeks game.
Anyway, I think they're trying to stop ppl bringing him in for a laugh. Big score coming up. (Wishful thinking)

Treloar for me, wish I could afford him

If you want a safe and reliable premo it is Gaff. When he gets tagged he still scores better than half my premos.
Yeo is the value pick but be prepared for some poor scores.
Sheed only as an expensive cash cow, he won’t be a keeper imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back