Preview Round 7, 2019 - Brisbane v Sydney (May 4th, 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly historically I would agree but I'm not so sure with this current Swans side. When they were prolific ballwinners when the game was played in close but that's just not their strength this year. They are really struggling in that area and are conceding massive amounts of inside 50's. Doesn't mean i'm not nervous but I think our inside ballwinning is a strength and that only increases in the wet. they've got a lot of young inexperienced guys in there compared to us and wet games can be hard for those guys.

Almost all their scoring is coming from defensive half transition, so really wet weather theoretically makes that harder to do if we can get it into 50 and lock it in.

I do think the weather is a bit of an equaliser though - our kick mark game becomes a lot harder.

Could have just been cramp, you can't expect every player who has a bit of cramp during last parts of a game to not play the following week - othewise we won't have anyone playing for us

Yes, hoping it is cramp. Your reply tequnique is interesting a mayes ing. After you raised the legitimate possibility of cramp, you then falsely indicated that I had some expectation of players with cramp not to play the following week. That is an absurd statement for you to falsely attribute. I can't take you seriously.

Nothing but guess work I'm sure our medical staff are way more informed than you are I'll back them in.

Yes, I see Mathieson rubbing his hammy & I guess it's troubling him. I wonder why he didn't get off the ground. I see Gardiner doing the same & I go for the same guess. What do you reckon, you see that & what's your guess???

Yes, the medical staff are way more informed than me. I'd back them over me too 👍

I raised the potential issue of players not alerting trainers of hammy soreness, the consequences & an option, just in case.

We were, I believe, informed by Coach that Andrews was moved to the forward line because he wasn't right then kappppoooww HAMMY. I saw with my own eyes Mathieson in discomfort, then pooowwweee HAMMY. If you don't wish to discuss hamstring injuries at the Club, fine, no need for comment.

That’s some massive leaps you’ve made on both those players and injuries both real and imagined.

Some people can take bigger steps than others.

See above replies..........

i still worry with the swans.. I remember them 0-6 in 2017 and started their run with us to finals.
I know it is a different side although always been a bit of a bogey side for us.
We should win with their outs just taking it 1 match at a time :)

We beat them in the Semi at the MCG in '84 or around then 😉

Last edited:

Yes, hoping it is cramp. Your reply tequnique is interesting a mayes ing. After you raised the legitimate possibility of cramp, you then falsely indicated that I had some expectation of players with cramp not to play the following week. That is an absurd statement for you to falsely attribute. I can't take you seriously.

Yes, I see Mathieson rubbing his hammy & I guess it's troubling him. I wonder why he didn't get off the ground. I see Gardiner doing the same & I go for the same guess. What do you reckon, you see that & what's your guess???

Yes, the medical staff are way more informed than me. I'd back them over me too 👍

I raised the potential issue of players not alerting trainers of hammy soreness, the consequences & an option, just in case.

We were, I believe, informed by Coach that Andrews was moved to the forward line because he wasn't right then kappppoooww HAMMY. I saw with my own eyes Mathieson in discomfort, then pooowwweee HAMMY. If you don't wish to discuss hamstring injuries at the Club, fine, no need for comment.

Some people can take bigger steps than others.

See above replies..........
Good to see your responses are also overreactions to what’s been said. Seem a little precious.

I notice that Gardiner’s in the side this weekend so I’m guessing you think the medical/coaching staff are negligent and putting him at risk.

Good to see your responses are also overreactions to what’s been said. Seem a little precious.

I notice that Gardiner’s in the side this weekend so I’m guessing you think the medical/coaching staff are negligent and putting him at risk.
Yep, tried giving him a pesonal message to his inbox but he ignored me lol. Seems pretty cowardly to have a go at someone and then put them on ignore straight away so they can't respond. Oh well.

A fair few of the players would be carrying some type of niggle, l remember Nick Robbos dad said he had been carrying a lot of injuries towards the end of the season. Unless it really restricts them, it would be silly to expect themto not play as a lot of senior wouldn't be playing

Yep, tried giving him a pesonal message to his inbox but he ignored me lol. Seems pretty cowardly to have a go at someone and then put them on ignore straight away so they can't respond. Oh well.

A fair few of the players would be carrying some type of niggle, l remember Nick Robbos dad said he had been carrying a lot of injuries towards the end of the season. Unless it really restricts them, it would be silly to expect themto not play as a lot of senior wouldn't be playing
Players cover up little niggles and injuries all the time because basically players love to play and in some cases they just don't want to risk losing their spot.

Likewise some players can play with injuries and still play well . Who will ever forget Voss coming off the bench after half time in that Final in Adelaide and turning the game around in 5 minutes , just took them apart with a bone on bone knee and suss hammy.

So our medical staff are second to none but that doesn't mean the players always give them the full story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well past 1am and not a Gameday thread in sight.

#sackthemods
You could start one Rubix? I did for a game recently, I'd do it but can't be bothered, just got up for my usual middle of the night seniors pee and decided to grab a quick gander at BF, back off to bed now, goodnight. Yay game day- GO LIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back