Game Day Round 7, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to put a finger on what's gone wrong this season. We're still able to go to a high level in spurts but we've got neither the ability to maintain that or to put that on when we need it.

Our long term issues with defensive effort have simply become more pronounced. We don't have the levers to pull that we ought to have at this stage of development, not that lever-pulling is nearly enough to pull us out of these sorts of situations.

This just ain't working.

GWS picked 4 tall forwards in their team tonight, and their small forwards get right up the ground to help the midfield and defense. Darcy Jones, playing his first game as a small forward, is killing us running the ball out their defensive 50, and the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve had a great run, looks like it’s the end of an era. Not saying we turf players but we really need to get our drafting and trading right in the next three to four years.

All we hear from senior officials from the club is how good we’ve been in the past. It’s all about the now. Excuse and denial mindset.

We clearly can’t run as hard as the opposition and look unfit. So serious questions need to be asked of our preseason and how hard we actually worked as a whole club to go one better.

Maybe we just expected more of the same. Do the bare minimum at training and we’ll rely on the home form again. Very disappointing.

How we have ended up deciding that Gardiner and Hipwood in the same forward line is smart is beyond me. And consequently we are the worst ground ball team in the league in the forward half. Just so many areas to pick apart it’s not funny.

Gimme a “P”
Gimme a “A”
Gimme a “T”
Gimme a H”
Gimme a “E”
Gimme a “T”
Gimme a “I”
Gimme a “C”

What ya got?

“Lions” 👏 👏 👏 “Lions” 👏 👏 👏

As bad as we have been tonight, and we have been quite bad. They've been pretty much perfect. It doesn't help our cause. They've kicked every O50 set shot, had great run & determination. 15-8 accuracy.

One of those nights where it's two ends of the spectrum.

Good on you guys for sticking with it. Sad the season has gone south so quickly.

I wonder if Berry, Cluggs and...Neale? have indicated they are gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back