Autopsy Round 7: Saturday May 30th: Richmond vs Essendon at ME Centre, 12.12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, Lloyd has been terrible. I've counted at least 3 times today he has flown for the same ball that another teammate has gone for, crashed the pack doing so and his opponent has gotten the crumbb and rebound 50. Needs to learn to stay down.

I watched the first half live and gee was I disappointed. So many dumb mistakes from both AFL and VFL players. I'm assuming they are being over coached because they looked just like we have in our losses this year.

I can understand why no one is getting a game from the players today.

Lennon just doesn't get involved enough
Gordon gets it than screws up.
Lloyd is close but I think his limitations (speed/endurance) keep him from being a gun.
Arnot gets it a bit but either doesn't get it on quick enough or stuffs up.
McDonough was barely cited except for a nice delivery on the left.

McKenzie was the only player I got excited about but he is a year or two away.

Our players may benefit from less injuries because 2-3 of the VFL players don't even look worthy of reserves footy.

I watched the first half live and gee was I disappointed. So many dumb mistakes from both AFL and VFL players. I'm assuming they are being over coached because they looked just like we have in our losses this year.

I can understand why no one is getting a game from the players today.

Lennon just doesn't get involved enough
Gordon gets it than screws up.
Lloyd is close but I think his limitations (speed/endurance) keep him from being a gun.
Arnot gets it a bit but either doesn't get it on quick enough or stuffs up.
McDonough was barely cited except for a nice delivery on the left.

McKenzie was the only player I got excited about but he is a year or two away.

Our players may benefit from less injuries because 2-3 of the VFL players don't even look worthy of reserves footy.

Agree with most of this. Lloyd looked most likely to score. Thought Gordon was one of the better players. Bikkies was ok seems to fumble too much.
Hate to burst a few bubbles but McDonough is still a fair way off AFL.

Haven't been able to watch the game but seems we need a bit of a reality check when calling for players to be ditched from the AFL side in favour of those playing in the VFL and likewise for some to be elevated.

Frustrating times. Just got to keep the powder dry and put a bit of faith in the selection committee.

Not to say there aren't those who could step up and make a better fist than some but they really need to put in some hard yards consistently before that happens.

Bit disappointing from the reports I'm reading from this game.

Astbury did a hammy
I could not see our boy from signfeld out there (maybe a call up)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't been able to watch the game but seems we need a bit of a reality check when calling for players to be ditched from the AFL side in favour of those playing in the VFL and likewise for some to be elevated.

Frustrating times. Just got to keep the powder dry and put a bit of faith in the selection committee.

Not to say there aren't those who could step up and make a better fist than some but they really need to put in some hard yards consistently before that happens.

Bit disappointing from the reports I'm reading from this game.
Lots of injuries does that m8 most of the injuries we have are the seconds players.
Nathan Drummond Knee Season
Dan Butler
Kane Lambert
Castagna
And young ones getting a game in the seniors cause this guys are also out
Ricky Petterd Foot 7-9 weeks
Chris Knights Hamstring 5-7 weeks
Reece Conca
Chris Newman Groin 1-2 weeks
Ty Vickery Ankle/Knee 1-2 weeks
Nathan Foley

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I'll ask it- why is our VFL side so lame? I was genuinely excited about having a seconds side that would 'fast track' player/team development: enable players to learn the game plan, test players in different roles etc. and mix it with other AFL seconds sides. Granted it's early days, but the couple of games ive watched on telly and the game i saw live at PRO were indistinguishable from the kind of stuff served up by the coburg partnership (although i think the beer was cheaper at coburg).

There's talk about the 'depth' of our senior list- i just don't see it at that level.

Keen to be educated by those on here more informed than me (thats pretty much most of you so go easy)- what's the story?

Ok I'll ask it- why is our VFL side so lame? I was genuinely excited about having a seconds side that would 'fast track' player/team development: enable players to learn the game plan, test players in different roles etc. and mix it with other AFL seconds sides. Granted it's early days, but the couple of games ive watched on telly and the game i saw live at PRO were indistinguishable from the kind of stuff served up by the coburg partnership (although i think the beer was cheaper at coburg).

There's talk about the 'depth' of our senior list- i just don't see it at that level.

Keen to be educated by those on here more informed than me (thats pretty much most of you so go easy)- what's the story?
Look above you:D

Cheers. Didnt see that before posting.
Makes more sense to me now you've put some facts on the table.
Carry on folks- nothing to see here
We also went with an extremely young VFL team this year, lost a bunch of players last year so replaced with youth that we expect to be around for a bit longer. Won't really see the benefits from it much for another year or so.

Lots of injuries does that m8 most of the injuries we have are the seconds players.
Nathan Drummond Knee Season
Dan Butler
Kane Lambert
Castagna
And young ones getting a game in the seniors cause this guys are also out
Ricky Petterd Foot 7-9 weeks
Chris Knights Hamstring 5-7 weeks
Reece Conca
Chris Newman Groin 1-2 weeks
Ty Vickery Ankle/Knee 1-2 weeks
Nathan Foley
I do think within those we can have hope. My post was more to those playing today that had been called on by some to be elevated but just don't seem to be taking it on. In that I called McBean out last week for not going back and putting in a better effort. Having said that he developed a thumb issue so...:oops:

I do think within those we can have hope. My post was more to those playing today that had been called on by some to be elevated but just don't seem to be taking it on. In that I called McBean out last week for not going back and putting in a better effort. Having said that he developed a thumb issue so...:oops:
Yeah Dea MD i don't think we'll see gordon and lloyd again But again if they have the better quality players around them they would perform better.

Yeah Dea MD i don't think we'll see gordon and lloyd again But again if they have the better quality players around them they would perform better.
Sometimes you have to make your own run in a losing side. Stand out despite what's going on around you. This is probably naive but I'd hope selectors took into account individual effort.

The telling thing for me is that we have long term injuries and aren't upgrading. Says to me we are marking hard and maybe for a good reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back