Preview Round 8 2024 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday May 4, 1.45pm AEST, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a huge part of this will be how we prepare to shut down their transition through the middle of the ground

When teams have shut that down and forced them into a slower, long down the line type game style the swans have looked beatable

If we let them cut us up through the middle on transition we won’t stand up to them for long enough

Funny thing is that’s exactly the way to beat the giants too Danny. Interesting to see what happens if both teams try and quell that.

This really is an intriguing match

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Win or lose this week… I look forward to playing them in September.

Imagine the melts if it was an all Sydney GF.

As much as possibly losing a grand final to the swans is something we struggle to thing about, my lord it would be good for the game in Sydney.

And the tears from Melbourne would be delicious

It’s still hard to think how incredibly close it was to this happening back in 2016

Stephen Coniglio and Sam Taylor are on track to return for the derby should they pass fitness tests this week.

Stephen Coniglio and Sam Taylor are on track to return for the derby should they pass fitness tests this week.

The reserves game is going to be worth hanging around for on Saturday.

We will have a very strong side when they gain the 3 players that get pushed out of the AFL side plus Gothard

Game Day guide from our club. They also have details for interstate supporters

Not heading to the game? Get along to your local supporter venue and watch the game with other members of the Orange Army with specials and giveaways for GIANTS fans.

Canberra
Where: The Assembly - 11 Lonsdale St, Braddon
When: Saturday, May 4 from 1:30pm

Melbourne
Where: Coopers Inn - 282 Exhibition Street, Melbourne

Perth
Where: Empire Bar – 220 Great Eastern Hwy, Lathlain
When: Saturday, May 4 from 11:30am (AWST)

Club has sent an email to members which contains a special link just for Giants members to access seats in Section 1 and 2 within the opposition bays for the game. I was of the impression this section was sold out. 😲

I'm sitting in this area, hopefully plenty of Giants fans are yet to buy tickets and pack it out in orange.

Screenshot_20240430_162111_Edge.jpg

Club has sent an email to members which contains a special link just for Giants members to access seats in Section 1 and 2 within the opposition bays for the game. I was of the impression this section was sold out. 😲

I'm sitting in this area, hopefully plenty of Giants fans are yet to buy tickets and pack it out in orange.

View attachment 1975310
Geez, this ticket stuff has been much harder than it should be.

Last edited:
Funny thing is that’s exactly the way to beat the giants too Danny. Interesting to see what happens if both teams try and quell that.

This really is an intriguing match

Yeah totally

I think they rely on the corridor more and we are happy to run and gun up the wings

In a strange way it will be who defends better in the wet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game Day guide from our club. They also have details for interstate supporters

Not heading to the game? Get along to your local supporter venue and watch the game with other members of the Orange Army with specials and giveaways for GIANTS fans.

Canberra
Where: The Assembly - 11 Lonsdale St, Braddon

Melbourne
Where: Coopers Inn - 282 Exhibition Street, Melbourne

Perth
Where: Empire Bar – 220 Great Eastern Hwy, Lathlain
When: Saturday, May 4 from 11:30am (AWST)

Ah, the Coopers Inn. Many fond memories there.:)

Urrgh… just after I bought crappy GA seats at the other end thinking they were the only ones left. The ticketing process for this game has been very ordinary.

Would've been good if we were given a heads up or the unique link shared earlier.

Not sure if people even realise that the ticket link the club sent out is a unique link with additional seating.

Hope they do a follow up promotion for those who couldn't get seats or seats with family or friends together. Be a shame if Giants fans didn't pack out this area because there's plenty seats there.

I bought my tickets in this area but I'm sitting at the back behind the seats currently showing as available. Hopefully won't be looking up in front of me seeing a sea of red if Giants fans don't purchase these tickets and this section goes up for public sale. Surely not, though. I'd imagine the club would have some idea of how many would be snapped up by Giants fans so perhaps may very well be packed out with Giants fans who have not yet purchased tickets.

Last edited:
Would've been good if we were given a heads up or the unique link shared earlier.
Yep, especially when it was pretty obvious the match was selling out quickly a few days ago.

Today’s campaign also strangely had the guard of honour draw as the lead item instead of promoting tickets up front. The club’s comms are usually good but didn’t really nail it this time.

With the wet weather…. Do we go smaller up front? We have had three talls all year

Might be time to give cadman or rics a rest considering we will need to be smaller if the rain is as bad as I’ve read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back