Game Day Round 8, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I refuse to be negative - plenty of time for that after games.

The thrashing 157 to 71 loss to the suns in the reserves is the wake up call our players.

The players are right now getting steely eyed, commiting to each other in open conversations and remembering what effort and success feel like.

It won't be pretty, but we will win ugly by three points.

Go lions.

And keep your nitroglycerine handy.. This will not be a good one for the feint of heart

Been a great day so far, 1 hour HIIT Pilates this morning, some Big Footy pontification and a walk thrown in, now off on a leisurely stroll to the sons then to The Morrison for a 450gm medium rare T Bone, all to be topped off by a convincing Lions win and Bruce Reville winning the Marcus Ashcroft Medal.

:brisbane:Lllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooonnnnnnnsssssssssss!:brisbane:

Mrs. Downunder and I have arrived in Brisbane. Waiting in our hotel room. First time I’ve come up for a game. I went to my first Lions game in 1965. We got smashed by the swans at the Lakeside oval and Bobby Skilton kicked an amazing goal over his shoulder from the pocket right in front of me. Many games since then but never at the Gabba. Exiting but scary times. Go Lions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t like the body language from the reserves earlier on. Bit worried something’s amiss.
The first weep minutes we were great. Then the suns just went up about twenty levels and we were witches hats.

As soon as that happen e feel apart. Don't think there's anything more than that.

If anyone is interested in a deep analysis of our problems, check out the article on the ABC news app. Covers the whole lot, but comes down to only two problems. The kick into 50, and the set shot kicking. Everything else is best practice. The suggested solution, ahem, one of which I've advocated for a while, is to stick Charlie and Joey inside 50, and put Hippy on the wing ala Jezza Cameron. Couldn't hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back