Review Round 8, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutsy win, liked the look of Reville when had ball in hand, seemed pretty composed and calm. Morris big tick.
Geez gold Coast looked schizanhousen though, will they ever come good.

Big win from you guys tonight but the reality is you are facing a much tougher task against us. We have your measure and you'll need to be at your absolute best to beat us.
Checks ladder and you're just as s**t as the Lions.

Gutsy win, liked the look of Reville when had ball in hand, seemed pretty composed and calm. Morris big tick.
Geez gold Coast looked schizanhousen though, will they ever come good.
Next year (philosophically that may never come).

Kai Lohmann's manic pressure was sensational. Has his spot locked up for the year with Linc out. Huge opportunity for him.

Edit - had the most pressure acts on the ground with a whopping 31!
Amazing. He was everywhere and that just confirms it.

Logan Morris, 18 year old forward

13km in the VFL two hours before seniors
Ate maccas and soup on the way to the game
Didn't bring his boots so wore Will Ashcroft's for the game which were a size too small
9km in the seniors

:$

Didn't bring his boots so wore Will Ashcroft's for the game which were a size too small
9km in the seniors

Has to be one of the all-time best "emergency" selection stories at AFL level.

I mentioned in the game day thread that if we aren’t already, we need to look at any preventative measures we can take to try and limit these serious knee injuries we’re getting.

Since Will and including Doedee re-injuring his, that’s 5 in 16 weeks, which is unheard of. Would think that’s some kind of unwanted record in Australian sport, not just the AFL.
As a physio I’d love to know what “preventative measures” you have in mind to prevent ACL injuries.

9km in the seniors

And still managed 4 shots on goal. Kid can play alright!

And still managed 4 shots on goal. Kid can play alright!

I've been telling you all for weeks, but you wouldn't listen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gardiner going out means Morris gets in next week. I feel bad for Darcy, looked like he was finally getting his forward craft together.

Liked Sharp, ran all day, had a fantastic goal.

Reville will probably play in McCarthy’s spot for the rest of year after that effort.

Berry and Lohman did well too. Berry looked good in the middle. Lohman was Zorko but up the front.

Tough win. If we can win against the Crows, Richmond and Hawthorne, then make it to the bye, the season should be back on track with Ashcroft coming back. Boys need a goal kicking master class with Browney after tonight’s kicking.

Obviously the win necessitates young guns coming in but after how well Reville, Lohmann, Morris and especially Sharp went, it might gives Fagan more confidence to give youth a shot over someone like Lyons and that would be a great result out of a horrific night of injuries.

I couldn't quantify it off the top of my head but ACLs in womens sport are regularly this frequent if not worse. Always far too many of them in AFLW and women's soccer has a lot as well. There's quite a bit of ongoing research into why it is so much worse than the men's sports.

Hormone cycle related. Can't remember which part of the cycle but hormones impact connective tissue and things happen leading to more acls for women during a particular phase.

Problem is that medical research (in all areas) overwhelmingly looks at males because they are more consistent for to lack of hormone cycle. Which completely missed the point.

So while they know it's a problem they don't have any data around prevention.

I didn't realise Logan Morris played in the VFL today. He'll certainly remember that debut.

I hope Logan's family are Brisbane based and go to games regularly.

Would be devastating for them if they missed this wonderful performance

The benefit of youth - just played reserves, and can go again. Love that we have young players in the ones now, though hate the injuries that enable it.

Big win from you guys tonight but the reality is you are facing a much tougher task against us. We have your measure and you'll need to be at your absolute best to beat us.

did your mum and dad let you stay up late to post that?

Wow, we took a beating tonight... But not by Gold Coast. Massive props to the young lads taking their opportunity, I thought Breville and Morris looked right at home, and Sharp definitely gets a tick for some more game time. I'm really loving Cobra as he grows in confidence and awareness, the run of games has been fantastic for him.
To our leaders - thank you! Thank you for coming together and standing up, and making a fantastic win under difficult circumstances. While our goal kicking is still beyond shocking, the work of Neale, Dunkley, Andrews and even Joey won us that game. But the one man who really picked up the team up and carried them on his back was Zorko, what an outstanding game and an amazing season he is having. I was one who worried he might have gone a season to many, and I'm happy to eat my words. Very deserving of that medal, sir, still a true legend of our club.
Devastated for Linc and Dizzy, but I do hope the players use that to fuel the fire and dig even deeper.
Well done boys 🦁

I hope Logan's family are Brisbane based and go to games regularly.

Would be devastating for them if they missed this wonderful performance

The benefit of youth - just played reserves, and can go again. Love that we have young players in the ones now, though hate the injuries that enable it.
They were up in town to see the reserves game and were able to stick around for it, happily

9km in the seniors

And that's how legends begin.

What an absolute champion young man.

Just reached the second half.

No idea how it can be fixed but our goal accuracy is beyond bad. Definitely an in the head thing, but that's the worst sort of problem to fix.

Maybe go new age and while watching repeats of actual goals scored have half hourly affirmations - I think I can, I think I can, I know I can, I know I can, I have done, I have done, this is the easy part. Oh so easy.

Like Shane warne re being incredulous that opponents watched him getting them out repeatedly instead of watching them hitting him all over the park. Paradigm is everything.

Back