Trades Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats everyones opinion on Hately? Quite expensive to bring in but I feel he still has lots of money to make. Anyone got a word on his place in the Giants team (ie hows the JS)

Whats everyones opinion on Hately? Quite expensive to bring in but I feel he still has lots of money to make. Anyone got a word on his place in the Giants team (ie hows the JS)
Would think he JS is quite poor considering it took a Kelly late out for him to play. Whitfield and Kelly still need to return. For 300k, I’m not confident paying that for someone who has iffy JS

Only mildly raging today so able to think a bit clearer. Yeo and Guthrie look like attractive options but not taking any short cuts. Only bringing in who I’m confident will be top 6-8 in their positions for the rest of the season.

Libba > Gaff this week

Bray > Zerrett next week who has an easy run and an ideal bye. Hate sideways trades but if Bray is still plodding around v GC with low ToG then he simply has to go

Hore > Whitfield the following week who should be around his lowest point by then

Is Baker worth bringing in to play at F5/F6 for a few weeks (trading Libba), allowing me to get Adams up to a Treloar/Gaff?

Holding off on trading Libba for 1 more week. Looking at Duursma > Stewart (not sold on Guthrie yet, will wait n see how he goes with Jelwood and Danger)
2nd trade looking like English > Marshall(fwd) via Bines, with Windscreens looking ok up to the byes at r2, gives me ruck coverage including the byes

Cant believe its comes to this.. looking at Pittard>Guthrie, Libba>Dunkley

Mostly because of league matchups.. ranking was f*cked about a month ago

How confident are we with Guthrie staying in the Midfield?
Seems like a good buy if he continues with his time in the middle, and low BE.
Dunno, hopefully he stays there till after the byes at least. If he keeps up this form he'll make a great D5/6. Worth the punt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libba to Yeo
Clark to Guthrie

I should really fix my forward line but want to dispose of Libba and Guthrie looks like he's worth a punt. Makes a solid backline of Lloyd, Stewart, Crisp, Smith, Guthrie and Hore/Duurs/Scrim.

Let's see how long this trade lasts... Teams could really screw with my plans again...

I really want to be different but the pull of guys like Guthrie/Dunkley is massive. I really dont particularly like the look of either in my side but ... FOMO....

I'm really just scrambling to get rookies off the field before the wheels completely fall off.

Struggling to see where the next promising wave comes from. Bewley / Hind perhaps the only hopefuls?

Who to get out of Boak, Yeo, or Gaff this week?

Would need to trade Drew to get to Gaff / Boak. Otherwise Wilkie can go to get to Yeo.

Keep putting off getting Boak but feel like now is the time to bite the bullet so leaning that way currently.

Thoughts?

Who to get out of Boak, Yeo, or Gaff this week?

Would need to trade Drew to get to Gaff / Boak. Otherwise Wilkie can go to get to Yeo.

Keep putting off getting Boak but feel like now is the time to bite the bullet so leaning that way currently.

Thoughts?

Getting closer and closer to byes now. Boak first up bye has me leaning towards letting that ship sail till a R13 upgrade.

Could backfire in those 4 weeks of course, but I feel like the damage is done with boak now. He's priced as a 100-110 player now so no major drama if he does that and you miss it now week to week.

Getting closer and closer to byes now. Boak first up bye has me leaning towards letting that ship sail till a R13 upgrade.

Could backfire in those 4 weeks of course, but I feel like the damage is done with boak now. He's priced as a 100-110 player now so no major drama if he does that and you miss it now week to week.

Good point. In that case will jump on Yeo to try and get him whilst underpriced.

One just for arguments sake. Which group would you rather at the moment?

Macrae, Cripps, Coniglio

vs

Neale, Gaff, Merrett

Funnily enough both groups have the exact same combined average at 110.5. First group were the most expensive heading into the season and were widely considered the best 3 mids. Second group weren’t really considered in the same breath (in fairness Gaff was suspended) but have quickly risen to prominence.

I think most would still rather the first lot, but on form it’s a toss up which will average more for the season.

Is Baker worth bringing in to play at F5/F6 for a few weeks (trading Libba), allowing me to get Adams up to a Treloar/Gaff?

I'm stoked I took the punt on him last week.

Honestly I still think he's worth it at current price. His bye is favourable too.

One just for arguments sake. Which group would you rather at the moment?

Macrae, Cripps, Coniglio

vs

Neale, Gaff, Merrett

Funnily enough both groups have the exact same combined average at 110.5. First group were the most expensive heading into the season and were widely considered the best 3 mids. Second group weren’t really considered in the same breath (in fairness Gaff was suspended) but have quickly risen to prominence.

I think most would still rather the first lot, but on form it’s a toss up which will average more for the season.

I'd be truly shocked if group 2 beat group 1 from here. Macrae/Cripps and Coniglio are all undisputed pigs.

Neale/Gaff/Merrett are all capable of going missing. I wouldn't call any pigs.

I'd be truly shocked if group 2 beat group 1 from here. Macrae/Cripps and Coniglio are all undisputed pigs.

Neale/Gaff/Merrett are all capable of going missing. I wouldn't call any pigs.
There’s only 3 annointed pigs in the history of fantasy. Swan, Rocky and Titch.

But I agree with you which is why I said group 1 would still be more preferred. Don’t think there’s as much in it as what you’re saying though.

Give Bray one more week against Gold Coast and find someone else to go to Yeo. If rocky or bray to yeo is your worst problem then your team must be traveling nicely.
Yeah... not really... ranked 12,000 after captaining Danger :p... My mids are doing well enough to be kept, but not flying. My PODs are doing alright (Stewart, Marshall). Calculated risk trading in Rob for Goldy (before he even played a game) has worked well.

Thanks for the advice, will most likely go Rocky/Pretu > Yeo/Dunkley. Could go Gaff/Daniels, but I'd rather have the extra $170K to begin upgrading my defence (i.e. a fallen Whitfield ;)).

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 6.41.46 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back