Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to back your top mids in and ride them.. you need to upgrade Libba this week...you need $$$ only option is hope answerth gets another game and bring him in for scrimshaw. Libba to best available... Atkins down to rookie in two weeks then Duursma to Whitfield...hore should stay in until May is back after the bye..
I kind of want to trade Butters ahead of Scrim and Duurs. Butters to Answerth gets me less cash though and I can't reach any top mid premos. Can't really get to any of the big dogs like Trel/Cripps/Gaff no matter who I trade out of Butter/Scrim/Duurs...

Libba OUT and Answerth IN is what I think I'm settled on.

Second trade is out of the following, and I'm listing the best mid premo I can bring in:
A) Butters OUT, Bont/Hunter IN
B) Scrim/Duurs OUT, Mrouch/Neale/JOM IN.....extra cash trading Duurs out still leaves me just short of Trel.

I'm wondering if I should actually pay up for Mrouch/Neale/JOM, given than Macrae is ripe for the picking soon maybe under 700k. I could just double down and get Hately and Answerth so I can get some cash gen going.

With the Adams and Wines news, probably go Libba to Treloar and Gibbons to whoever of Answerth/Hately, but preferably Answerth. Will Back Drewy in to score solidly if Wines indeed misses, might grab Westhoff next week if he scores well again though, he'll still be affordable.

Will still have around 250-300k leftover so just one trade being an upgrade the following week is feasible if there's no rookies around

If there's still no rookies in round 10 then O'Brien to Bines is a break bank option as that 120 will fall out of his rolling average by then

I guess if Answerth/Hately are dropped then I'll grab Corbett and DPP a Setterfield into the mids for Gibbons

Probably;
Scrimshaw down to Answerth
Drew up to Dunkley

Leaves me with Greene as F6 and Parker F7. Maybe Greene, pending form, or Parker will go to Hoff, Daniel or Heeney, pending roles later, but forwards will be left alone for a while, I think. I'm comfortable with that. Playing either Parker or Petraeagle or both all season is costing me 50 points a game. I can no longer take it. I'd much rather spend my weekend toying with lopping my back and mid rookies, than forwards.

23 trades left and $418k to play with.

If Thursday night selection doesn't **** me over (it definitely will, let's be realistic), I'll either do:
Butters —> Hately/Answerth
+
Drew —> Daniel/Westhoff/Dunkley ..... or ..... Gibbons —> Taranto/Bontempelli/Yeo/JPK

OR

Butters —> Answerth
+
Gibbons —> Hately

View attachment 669092
Won't be trading Drew now that Wines is out, so Butters and Gibbons it is.

With next week looking pretty bare in terms of rookies on the bubble, I think a double downgrade is the way to go. Will leave me with well over $700k in the bank. Just a matter of picking the right rooks! :oops:

Just working out of I go answerth or Hatley or both.

Would be good if hatley got dropped

Also see the AFL did a list of every team's centre bounce numbers.

Interesting to see Brayshaw has significantly lower numbers.

And Libba has the same amount to as Bont and crae.

Also see the AFL did a list of every team's centre bounce numbers.

Interesting to see Brayshaw has significantly lower numbers.

And Libba has the same amount to as Bont and crae.
Bont and Macrae can comfortably play as outside mids and spread though

Libba sometimes can, but not always, he generally needs to be around the footy, like Dunkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Crouch this week option I'd say, but wait til teams

If Danger misses it's another rookie onfield

Other option was gaff.
Obviously I don't have Boak yet. He would be next week with MacRae hopefully.

That's if I double downgrade.

But yeah teams will change it.

Other option was gaff.
Obviously I don't have Boak yet. He would be next week with MacRae hopefully.

That's if I double downgrade.

But yeah teams will change it.
Boak would be solid if Danger is out as midfield rookies likely will score more points than your Parker types, so I'd look to DPP a Setterfield/Danger into midfield then play loophole lottery

Boak would be solid if Danger is out as midfield rookies likely will score more points than your Parker types, so I'd look to DPP a Setterfield/Danger into midfield then play loophole lottery

That's a very good point. And grab gaff/Crouch/etc next week.

I'm not sure about the JS of Answerth and Hately. They obviously score well but there is a lot of competition for their spots.

Rookie JS can be crucial at this time of the year as we head into the byes.

R14 bye rookies who play through R12 + R13 are absolute gold. Hately could be one of those, or he could get dropped next week (assuming he plays this week) and turn into a liability.

I'm not sure about the JS of Answerth and Hately. They obviously score well but there is a lot of competition for their spots.

Rookie JS can be crucial at this time of the year as we head into the byes.

R14 bye rookies who play through R12 + R13 are absolute gold. Hately could be one of those, or he could get dropped next week (assuming he plays this week) and turn into a liability.

Good point...if you’re like me and missed out on Ross, stack, Hayes & O’Brien you’re basically cooked. I had no choice but to get answerth last week to avoid a 0 and to upgrade McCarthy. Same this week in order to get Boak I’ll have to get hatley (if named)... both are more likely than not to be dropped over the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back