Not open for further replies.
Hunt for yeo
Brockman for long
Maric for waterman
Johnston for sheed

Gaff or sheed for sub.

Hunt goes back line.
Duggan goes middle.
Chess has more minutes inside with Johnston playing on the wing.

This is more or less what I’d go with as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it is Dewar over Brockman. Brocky didn’t play on the weekend and Dewar is one of few from the WAFL who is putting his hand up to some degree.

One of our best 3 in the WAFL. Do we reward performance?

What were you watching?????

Gaff hasn’t made a case that he should be back in the AFL side.

Maric and Hunt are easy ins for Waterman and Yeo and then we are looking at a replacement for Long- which should be either Brockman or Dewar, or Rawlinson as an outside chance.

I think we will see minimal changes, with changes coming more in terms of internal role changes ie Ginbey/Chesser/Duggan playing more midfield.

Really want to see Sheed and Ryan out after last night. In top of the other injuries, Harley looked a bit lethargic all night, even before cramping.
Agree, looked sluggish no acceleration. Maybe he was sick during the week, didn't look right.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I think we should do trew for yeo, hedwards for witherden/ cole, jones for long, brockman for ryan, culley for lEdwards, hall for sheed, gaff for reid and maric for waterman.

Give trew a chance to play in his prime position and see if he can actually make it. Though he may be unfit, and if thats the case i wouldn't be oppsed to ledwards actually playing where he is good at unlike at half fwd where he is lost. Maybe have him and chesser rotate of the wing and inside mid.
Hall should be given a game.
I would also rest harley unlesd he is 100% fit. Its really not worth him breaking down, especially since we will probably lose this game.
Also gaff is better then sheed because at least gaff is going to give 100% and throw hos body around.

Harry Edwards down back would free up Mcgovern more and rotham has shown he is a better one on one defender on small forwards this year. So rotham to hoskin elliot, edwards to cox or miochek. Barass on the other. Hough on hill.
Mcgovern free. Duggan on one flank, and cole/witherden on the other.

I would bring culley in to play half fwd as he puts pressure on. He can also rotate into the mid.
Jones is better then ryan because at least jones actualiy puts pressure on defenders. Dewer and Rawlison are other options but i don't think they are ready.

I've had enough of Luke Edwards - he provides nothing and needs a spell in the two's. Bring Gaff in for him. Both similar physical abilities, and at least you know that Gaff will find the footy a bit more. We've got enough young players in the side, Edwards can have a spell.

Out: Waterman, Yeo, Long, Edwards
In: Hunt, Gaff, Brockman, Maric

I've had enough of Luke Edwards - he provides nothing and needs a spell in the two's. Bring Gaff in for him. Both similar physical abilities, and at least you know that Gaff will find the footy a bit more. We've got enough young players in the side, Edwards can have a spell.

Out: Waterman, Yeo, Long, Edwards
In: Hunt, Gaff, Brockman, Maric
Agree on Luke Edwards. Should have been delisted last year.

What were you watching?????

Gaff hasn’t made a case that he should be back in the AFL side.

Maric and Hunt are easy ins for Waterman and Yeo and then we are looking at a replacement for Long- which should be either Brockman or Dewar, or Rawlinson as an outside chance.

I think we will see minimal changes, with changes coming more in terms of internal role changes ie Ginbey/Chesser/Duggan playing more midfield.
Clubs opinion. That's what they will input into any decision making. Being top 3 in a team that was belted and outclassed isn't a Hugh step up.

Yeo hopefully isn't to bad and just needs a week or two to not make it worse.
So, out Yeo, W-Tram, Long and Rotham.
In Trew, Maric, Culley and Hedwards

Thats 4 changes which is 3-4 more than we want to be making. don't need more than that.

Was out of Rotham or Witho to bring in Hedwards but I think Witho has just a little more to offer than Rotham at the moment.
Also the extra tall in defence will be handy against Pies.
Hough to Mihocek who I rate as Pies most dangerous forward edging out Elliot who Cole can take care off.

Release the Gaff
I got vision of gaff running down the wing at the G
eric cartman running GIF by South Park

Agree on Luke Edwards. Should have been delisted last year.
Said it at the time but once Dev Robertson turned us down we should have been on the phone instantly to either Tunstil or Prior offering them the same deal. It was nonsensical to just go "ah whooops" and waste a year on Edwards when both Prior and Tunstil would have been available on the cheap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt for Edwards
Brockman for Long
Dewar for Yeo (Sheed CBAs)
Maric for Waterman
Dewar sub and Johnston to start on the wing.

Speed to kill the Pies

I think we should do trew for yeo, hedwards for witherden/ cole, jones for long, brockman for ryan, culley for lEdwards, hall for sheed, gaff for reid and maric for waterman.

Give trew a chance to play in his prime position and see if he can actually make it. Though he may be unfit, and if thats the case i wouldn't be oppsed to ledwards actually playing where he is good at unlike at half fwd where he is lost. Maybe have him and chesser rotate of the wing and inside mid.
Hall should be given a game.
I would also rest harley unlesd he is 100% fit. Its really not worth him breaking down, especially since we will probably lose this game.
Also gaff is better then sheed because at least gaff is going to give 100% and throw hos body around.

Harry Edwards down back would free up Mcgovern more and rotham has shown he is a better one on one defender on small forwards this year. So rotham to hoskin elliot, edwards to cox or miochek. Barass on the other. Hough on hill.
Mcgovern free. Duggan on one flank, and cole/witherden on the other.

I would bring culley in to play half fwd as he puts pressure on. He can also rotate into the mid.
Jones is better then ryan because at least jones actualiy puts pressure on defenders. Dewer and Rawlison are other options but i don't think they are ready.
Gov can handle a spud like Cox while doing his usual stuff, dont need H.Edwards for the pies, and Cole has been solid. JJ should never go near the team again tbh. Culley cant play wing like L.Edwards tbh, and Reid was fine, he came back on with a minute to go
We arent going to make that many changes anyway, Simmo has said the focus is having as consistent of a group as possible, get some synergy

With Long, Yeo and Waterman injured, my changes are:
Ins: Maric, Brockman, Hunt
Outs: Waterman, Long, Yeo
Sub one of Johnston or Brockman
Could also drop Johnston for somebody, but it might be worth giving him a bit more of a go

Dont need another inside mid to replace Yeo, the Pies are depleted and we have Reid/Ginbey/Kelly/Sheed with Petch/Chesser capable of having a run too. Petch took Reids inside mid minutes the other week when Reid has a rest, wouldnt be surprised if Petch just takes over most of Yeos minutes too.

Backline is fine as it is, we dont need to be particularly tall vs the Pies who have Mihocek and Cox as their only talls, Hough to get Hill probably.
Mid should be a decent matchup, Daicos, Crisp, Pendlebury as the Pies main guys, hope to see Reid put Daicos on his arse at some stage. Hunt in for Yeo gives us a bit more run
Forwards we will be a little shorter than usual, hopefully we can get a marking target out of Ryan this week to try to make up for it

Most of the outs have an obvious in, which is a nice position to be in. Hunt returns if fit for Yeo, Maric back in for Waterman, Brockman for Long. I would drop Edwards and bring one of Culley or Hall in to give them some time and experience. I think they will benefit from playing in a functioning team more than a dysfunctional WAFL team.

To play devils advocate for Sheed: he went on Schoeys pod a few weeks ago and said that the fracture in his foot will basically never heal as long as he plays football. The guys got no top gear at all, cruises around at 3/4 pace and looks every bit a player who's worried that if he puts some torque into the ground it'll end his life. Apparently it's something they think can be managed but surely thats far from ideal.
Sounds like a Liz frank injury. My Mrs got one playing netball near 20 years ago and its never gotten better

Forgot we were missing Hunt.
No Hunt, Maric late out, Yeo injured for over the last qtr and a bit, Ryan playing like a disinterested Auskicker playing with the grass and Sheed providing ummmmm not much. We did pretty good.

Hate to say it after his past 2 weeks but Ryan will get one more to show he still has it otherwise gonski.

Yeo, Loosh, Long and Sheed or Rotham all out

Hunt, Brockman, Maric and Trew or Hedwards in

I am sure I will change my mind again before the end of the week.

I'm assuming Trew and Hunt will both also be unavailable because of course

Out: Yeo, Long, Waterman (f*cking curse), Ryan
In: Culley, Brockman, Maric, Johnston

Witherden, Barrass, Rotham
Duggan, McGovern, Hough

Ginbey, Petruccelle, Chesser

Johnston, JWilliams, Cripps
Brockman, Darling, Maric

BWilliams, Kelly, Reid

Sheed (lucky mfer), Johnston, Cole, Culley

Dewar sub

Dont need another inside mid to replace Yeo, the Pies are depleted and we have Reid/Ginbey/Kelly/Sheed with Petch/Chesser capable of having a run too. Petch took Reids inside mid minutes the other week when Reid has a rest, wouldnt be surprised if Petch just takes over most of Yeos minutes
Petch is horrible as a midfielder as per the Essendon game.

Makes poor decisions and misses pass kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back