Autopsy Round 9, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's as simple as some players are leaders. They inspire those around them and have the authority, the presence and the ability to get more out of their teammates.

We've got one on each line:
  • Yeo
  • Gov
  • and Waterman(!) - probably Allen too but not as charismatic.

They're worth more than the sum of their, very good, parts.

Without them we're terrible as we lose their ability and in their cases - their structural importance - but also their intangibles.
I know this. I’m also not asking TK to try and put the team on his shoulders and carry them each week. What I’m at least asking is that he makes an impact on field. Bloke is way too good and talented to be going missing for such large chunks as he was against the pies. Quite frankly he’s been like that a few times this year.

I like TK and I don’t buy into the TK cost us an arm an leg to get he and thus it’s a failure on recruiting him. That said I do feel like this year we are a bit soft on being critical of him.

I hope so. Just commenting on our depleted midfield and we have top 20 pick...... crab
Admit recruitment f up and move him on
It's irrational, just stop it.

People dodging bombs in Gaza know how much you hate this bloke.

Just shut up about it ffs.

I hope so. Just commenting on our depleted midfield and we have top 20 pick...... crab
Burn him burn him at the stake

Angry Gaspar Noe GIF by Arrow Video

Are the days of Ryan flying for marks over?

I’m willing to give Ryan more time unlike Sheed as he is much more of a talented player but christ he is as bad if not worse than Sheed post injury.

🤷‍♂️ we are not a top 8 team are we ?

We also had almost all the goals kicked against us by small and medium size players .

I'm not potting witherden for his intent he just leaks goals due to being treacle slow
So witherden is responsible for all the small players goals kicked on us?

Interesting take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you are insane with your obsession. If Chesser ever goes missing you are easily going to be number one on the list of suspects.
The kid has barely played in years, playing a tough role and yet he is building every game. So just stfu and leave the kid alone.
Its far to early to tell how he will turn out but right now the signs are good.

So witherden is responsible for all the small players goals kicked on us?

Interesting take.
No just all the goals that get kicked on him which happens frequently.

He is not a good enough HBF for us to absorb his short comings .

He did well landing where he did at a club who fell off a cliff .

I doubt he would have played anywhere near as many games at a decent side

I could be wrong but I think WC young players take more time to develop at AFL level, not just a handful of games but a couples of seasons at least. Players probably develop at different rates, depending on their circumstances. WCE also don't have an established reliable WAFL format to help develop players to AFL level. Simpson mentioned this in a presser, noting how well developed and ready to play Victorian players are compared to WA; and how they need to work on this in WA via new programs etc.

This is proven by the Pies recent ins from the VFL, players who are fully ready and well versed with the team's systems and patterns and can step right in up to speed as required! At 26 Joe Richards completed a meteoric rise from the Ovens and Murray League to the AFL by quickly looking comfortable at the level, before finishing with 18 disposals, eight score involvements, three goal assists and a goal of his own. Richards has been ready for a couple of seasons but hasn't been able to force his way in due to the quality of depth and Pies relatively good injury run.

Compare this to WC and WA and you can see how far behind the 8 ball we are in getting young players up to speed. It might be worth remembering this when criticising our young players slow input? Even Harley is still developing, has only played a handful of games and will have his ups and downs.
Patience grasshoppers...

Imagine of Pies make the GF make the GF again this year and he can’t go again because of it ahaha. Like i said in another thread. No malice of bad intent but touching players is a no go and AFL had to come down harshly

Mate you are insane with your obsession. If Chesser ever goes missing you are easily going to be number one on the list of suspects.
The kid has barely played in years, playing a tough role and yet he is building every game. So just stfu and leave the kid alone.
Its far to early to tell how he will turn out but right now the signs are good.
Cool your jets bloke. See where he is at in a year or two. I am happy to be proved wrong but if I am right, I know that all of you haters won't admit it.
As soon as he actually has a break out game, I will be the first to congratulate. It may be some time, as we are already 2 years in!!

Nobody's following you, you're posting this utter drivel in every ******* thread.

Nobody gives a heck where Chesser touched you but this tripe in every thread is very ******* old.
We won't be talking about him in 2 years anyhoo

No just all the goals that get kicked on him which happens frequently.

He is not a good enough HBF for us to absorb his short comings .

He did well landing where he did at a club who fell off a cliff .

I doubt he would have played anywhere near as many games at a decent side
So your previous post was intended as hyperbole?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back